Latest Pipeworks Releases and Updates

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Lansman, Aug 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pipeworks

Pipeworks Initiate (0) May 28, 2009 Illinois

also, just a moment of gratitude. you guys are all awesome. we don't get to BA or rb tastings as much as we used to (when we were raters)... and it's nice to have this forum to communicate with people on our level... (beer geeks? never refer to ourselves as much but why not). we really do miss being a part of the 'geek' (there's that term again) community. we're not rating anymore but we know who we like to open some super rares whales with! also gotta give a big shout out to all our new breweries... also good people, they didn't come from BA or rb but they are in it for the right reasons all the same. i'll expound later... this is coming from my interesting night last night with a very large brewery saying some very weird things to us... whateves... ;-) i'll regroup and post later

2. Pipeworks

sorry, this rep from this huge massive 'craft' brewery really got under my skin and he didn't seem to get it... i'll post the whole story later but he kept congratulating me on what a great marketing 'ploy' we have... and i took great offensive to that because we are just brewing beer that we want to brew... there's no ploy about it... but love you guys! ha glad i can come here and vent!

powz87, Scalawags, Born_A_Jee and 5 others like this.
  3. stevegoz

stevegoz Savant (1,110) May 5, 2008 Illinois
    Trader

Brewing awesomely tasty beer that we can't get enough of -- brilliant marketing ploy!

spicoli00 and gregdafdxguy like this.
  4. gregdafdxguy

gregdafdxguy Initiate (0) Feb 17, 2013 Illinois

Since I think you guys only have "stuff for brewing beer", "stuff for delivering beer", and "rent/pay for employees" in your budget, yeah, he didn't get it. When you crank up your marketing department, well, now you know someone. Until then, you'll just have to keep getting by on awesomeness.

5. fastenoughforphish

fastenoughforphish Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2012 Illinois

I'm assuming this 'fake' story is just another one of your marketing ploys. So over Pipeworks.

harrylee773 and Pipeworks like this.
  6. JakeT469

JakeT469 Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2012 Colorado

What I meant by that is that Kumas and Beer Temple are like a block apart. You can get your food fix and beer haul in a 3 min walk.

7. gregdafdxguy

gregdafdxguy Initiate (0) Feb 17, 2013 Illinois

Totally got your point, I was just showing some love to Beer Temple anyway.

8. DooshBagalow

DooshBagalow Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2012 Illinois

Thanks for the reminder to get in there for the Ghost burger.

PDZ and funhog like this.
  9. stevegoz

stevegoz Savant (1,110) May 5, 2008 Illinois
    Trader

Amen.

smartassboiler and DooshBagalow like this.
  10. Billakowski

Billakowski Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2010 Indiana

Mmmmmm.....Sacrilicious

jplopez21, DooshBagalow and JakeT469 like this.
  11. awakeavast

awakeavast Initiate (0) Feb 15, 2013 Illinois

Hoping the OTA and GoJ hits nw suburb shelves soon. I missed OTA last time around. Any word on the imperial end of days?

12. Pipeworks

damn you! =)

13. Pipeworks

actually last night there was quite the debate about the two different Kuma's locations... people aren't loving the new one like the original... heard some hate. thoughts?

14. rxeight

rxeight Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2012 Illinois

Like the old saying goes, when life hands you lemons, make lemonade. Or in this case, make a beer called Marketing Ploy.

sportstsar likes this.
  15. MasterSki

MasterSki Grand Pooh-Bah (4,824) Dec 25, 2006 Canada (ON)
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Totally different (and more family-friendly) vibe at Kuma's Too, but also nice not to have to wait hours to eat.

Rainblows likes this.
  16. Bay01

Bay01 Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2008 Illinois

dc55110 and Pipeworks like this.
  17. spicoli00

spicoli00 Pooh-Bah (2,231) Jul 6, 2005 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah Society

Man, i wish they would stop playing all those pipeworks ads with bearded guys on tv :wink:

mtskier likes this.
  18. mark14580

mark14580 Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2011 New York

Plan on visiting PW when I visit from upstate NY next week. Can't find any info on hours. They open during the day at all? Thanks.

19. spicoli00

spicoli00 Pooh-Bah (2,231) Jul 6, 2005 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah Society

no serving or sales at the brewery. Hardest working brewers on the planet are there about 23 hours a day. If you want their product, Lincoln park Binny's, west lakeview liquors or beer temple.

Edit: you could drop by for the afternoon game of horse or football if you're into that

20. HopsMatt

HopsMatt Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2011 Kentucky

Thats some bullshit. They can talk smack all they want. I love what you guys do and will always enjoy drinking what you brew. When my buddy and I stopped by over the summer to visit, we enjoyed talking with you guys and dancing around. Dont let it get to you. People hating on you just means youre doing something right. Keep doing it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.