The Goose has landed.

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by AdamSimpson, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollzroyce21

Rollzroyce21 Pooh-Bah (2,211) Oct 24, 2009 California
    Pooh-Bah

Read in another thread about the possibility of Abyss hitting shelves late next week as well.
    If true, this could be blackest of all Fridays.
    My hands are shaking..

2. HoppySuds

HoppySuds Initiate (0) Aug 6, 2011 California

I don't know about SF but we will be getting bottles at Adam's Fine Wine & Liquor in Redondo Beach for release on Black Friday.

3. marcron03

marcron03 Initiate (0) May 24, 2011 California

Deschutes abyss, goose island beers in two weeks! woohooo!

4. SLOCruzin

SLOCruzin Zealot (620) Sep 30, 2013 California
    Trader

Clearly I have no choice but to buy BCBS when it arrives. Combined with FW 17th and pending Abyss, this will be an expensive month.

5. HeavySpeedway

HeavySpeedway Initiate (0) Jul 8, 2013 California

This is going to probably draw fire, but I'm not all that excited about the Abyss. I know it is a good beer, but the mix of flavors in it never have exactly worked for me.

heatwaves likes this.
  6. sirtomtom

sirtomtom Zealot (531) Dec 10, 2010 California

To each their own. If you want to draw fire, scream at the top of your lungs, "Death to Deschutes!", and then crush a case of abyss with a monster truck.

7. HeavySpeedway

Now that's just evil.

What's odd is that I've liked most of the Black Butte anniversary beers, and I think that Black Butte and Obsidian are yummy, especially for the price. There's just something about the Abyss flavor profile that doesn't sit right with me. I thought it was simply too much anise, but this year I decided that it might be the amount of "char" in concert with the anise. So confused.

8. mattdbh

mattdbh Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2009 California

FW 17, Abyss and BCBS. Looks like nobody is getting any presents for Christmas besides me.

9. HelloImTravis

HelloImTravis Initiate (0) Mar 23, 2011 California

Are you getting any variants?

10. HoppySuds

HoppySuds Initiate (0) Aug 6, 2011 California

Yes, just like it said in the GI release, all variants except the Proprietor's version which is just for Chicago.

11. HelloImTravis

HelloImTravis Initiate (0) Mar 23, 2011 California

Thats awesome. See ya on Black Friday!

HoppySuds likes this.
  12. HeavySpeedway

What about Maverick or the Ice Man?

j47paco likes this.
  13. beerproblems

beerproblems Initiate (0) May 9, 2013 California

Guys at City Beer got back to me. Event starts at 9am. See you there.

mctizzz likes this.
  14. pugartheterrible

pugartheterrible Initiate (0) May 13, 2010 California

Abyss is on the shelves already

15. Lucnifter

Lucnifter Pooh-Bah (2,545) Jun 24, 2013 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

Abyss on the shelves already where?

16. beerproblems

beerproblems Initiate (0) May 9, 2013 California

BevMos. just got 2. Whole Foods has them too. Both sites limit 1 per person.

17. STELLER9000

STELLER9000 Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2013 California

Where in CA? SoCal? BayArea?

dvnbtn and Lucnifter like this.
  18. Trio2shine

Trio2shine Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2011 California

For those who don't get the mailer from $ity Beer:

City Beer Store To Participate In Goose Island BlackFriday Celebration

City Beer Store was handpicked by Goose Island Beer Company to participate in its highly anticipated Black Friday Event. This event is a celebration of the release of their 2013 Vintage Bourbon County Brands. One of only four places in the country to launch the Bourbon County Brands on Black Friday, City Beer Store will be representing the West Coast by selling and serving these rare offerings to the public.

During the Black Friday Event, City Beer will launch the following Bourbon County Brands: Bourbon County Stout, Bourbon County Coffee, and Bourbon County Barleywine. A small selection of rarities: 2010 Vanilla, 2010 Rare, 2011 King Henry, 2012 Coffee, and 2012 Cherry Rye will be available in bottles. The first individuals in line will receive a special ticket with the right to purchase one of these select bottles.

Bourbon County Stout- an Imperial Stout aged in bourbon barrels- is a yearly release. This deep and rich Imperial Stout is brewed once a year; the first batch was produced in 1992 to honor the 1,000th batch created at Goose Island's original Clybourn Brewpub. Bourbon County Coffee-an Imperial Stout brewed with coffee beans-uses Goose Island's neighbor, roaster Intelligentsia Coffee beans. This year's offering features Los Inmortales beans. Bourbon County Barleywine is aged in third-use barrels which once held Kentucky bourbon and then Goose Island's own Bourbon Country Stout. All three selections will be available for sale on Black Friday.

Specialty draft selections will be poured including Lolita, Belgian style wild ale. Additional rare draft offerings will be available to enjoy.

The event will be held on Black Friday, November 29, 2013 beginning at9:00am until 12:00pm. Event details as they become available will be made public through Facebook, Twitter, and the City Beer Store website.

beerproblems and mctizzz like this.
  19. FrogOut69

FrogOut69 Initiate (0) Sep 24, 2013 California
    Trader

Damn AB-InBev. Ruining everything.

20. CyberMonk

CyberMonk Crusader (421) May 18, 2010 California

Anyone know if any places in the San Diego area are doing something similar? CBS said something about being one of only four places in the country to do a Black Friday release, so I'm guessing not, but it also sounds like we'll be seeing bottles in the normal spots soon after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.