Founders 2014 release schedule

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by kylelenk, Nov 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acyl

acyl Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2010 Michigan

I have not bought a Reds rye in bottles this year. It is now a taproom only beer for me. Pitchers of reds rye for $12... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

2. TheChef18

TheChef18 Initiate (0) Jun 23, 2013 Florida

So does this mean no more Doom?

3. Davelicious

Davelicious Initiate (0) Nov 30, 2013 Illinois

unfortunately getting New Glarus outside of Wisconsin is impossible? would love to have Raspberry Tart offered here in Central IL, but unfortunately even for a state so close i have to make a 5 hour drive to get it :slight_frown: i can get Rubaeus and keep my wife happy though :slight_smile:

4. BEERschlitz

BEERschlitz Initiate (0) Oct 13, 2013 Michigan

Shhhh, you weren't supposed to leak info that they're rebrewing CBS again...

5. nicholasofcusa

nicholasofcusa Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2006 Florida

I had Red's Rye on draft on Friday. It was my first time drinking it since I bought a case back in Feb before it became a seasonal. Delicious as always. Bottles don't seem to be selling too well...No surprise given that the 4-pack is actually priced higher than the 6-pack used to be.

6. jawzman

jawzman Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2010 Minnesota

Agreed. Was home in MI during the release and snagged a couple six-packs, loved it fresh, but it really fell off rapidly. This sounds über hop snobbish, but honestly, because of it's malt body it got out of balance at a crazy fast rate. I know how to store beers, that one fell off faster than Pliny in the sun on a hot day.

7. end_27

end_27 Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2012 Illinois

Founders destroys Bruery! As I believe someone said earlier (Cassino?) I live in IL and have access to FOunders pretty easily aside from driving the couple hrs up north to MI. But the Bruery is just nuts on how much they charge for what they're actually putting out. BA, BA, BA....that's pretty much all they do. I like some of their stuff, but give me the variety brewery (exp: Founders) who can make great/decent/good brews across the table than someone who strictly pumps out just one thing (BA!)

8. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2012 Utah

They have different business models and different aspirations for what they're creating. I don't think it's fair to compare Founders to The Bruery. Both world class breweries with different visions on beer. I'll keep buying both barrel aged or not!

9. end_27

end_27 Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2012 Illinois

I agree with you....but in a sense the entire BA thing is getting a little ridiculous to a degree as EVERYTHING is barrel aged now! And I think that can take away from a beer by which ever brewery makes it whether Founders, The Bruery, etc.

10. jbck109

jbck109 Initiate (0) May 30, 2010 Michigan

Just a splash, maybe a Tbs or2 in a pint. I like just a hint of raspberry though.

11. JohnnyHopps

JohnnyHopps Grand Pooh-Bah (3,036) Jun 15, 2010 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I think the backstage pass series should be discontinued. Then everybody could participate in threads talking about the good old days when we had options like mango and doom.

12. BennyBeer04

BennyBeer04 Initiate (0) Aug 27, 2009 Massachusetts

We see specialty beers from Firestone out on the East Coast, but not a lot of the other seasonals/standards that you enjoy in CA (DBA, Velvet Merlin, Pale 31 etc.).

In another thought, do we REALLY want to see 3x the KBS? Do you think people are actually going to be more happy if there is? Do we think maybe it won't be as 'special' of a beer if a lot more is made? Just a thought to ponder!

13. BennyBeer04

BennyBeer04 Initiate (0) Aug 27, 2009 Massachusetts

I've heard the same.. unique beer as the base for the barrel aged offerings.

14. MarcWP

MarcWP Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2012 Arizona

I'll tell you what, I sure am enjoying my Bourbon County and variants! Same would go with KBS. A yearly, available release would be nice. After all, once you get your share you still have to wait a whole year for the new release. That's enough anticipation to keep it feeling like a "special beer."

15. Jeffreysan

Jeffreysan Initiate (0) Apr 12, 2013 Virginia

Great, thanks for the info. I'll certainly give that a try next summer! Thanks again!

16. A2HB

A2HB Initiate (0) Oct 30, 2013 Michigan

where you getting pitchers for $12 at? That's a good deal there

jucifer1818 likes this.
  17. BEERschlitz

BEERschlitz Initiate (0) Oct 13, 2013 Michigan

Founder's taproom, better deal still is the $9 growler fills. 2.25/ pint is an outstanding deal for that beer.

A2HB likes this.
  18. CassinoNorth

CassinoNorth Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2013 New Jersey

In NJ shops are lucky to get a case of KBS. So if it was 3x the production, there maybe a 2 bottle limit instead of the 1 most stores go with. Getting a 4 pack requires alot of work in this state.

19. DanH83

DanH83 Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2013 New York

[quote="BennyBeer04, post: 1959829, member: 364041"
    In another thought, do we REALLY want to see 3x the KBS? Do you think people are actually going to be more happy if there is? Do we think maybe it won't be as 'special' of a beer if a lot more is made? Just a thought to ponder![/quote]

I like KBS a lot, but it's harder to get than it's worth. IMHO, it's different, but not as good as BCBS which is very available.

For me, I won't be hunting down my 2 or 4 bottles this year. It's not worth the trouble. However, if it were at least REMOTELY available, I'd buy it regularly.

20. jucifer1818

jucifer1818 Initiate (0) May 15, 2011 Florida

Agreed. Them coming to Florida is, in my opinion, one of the best beer related things to happen to the state in 2013.

unlike new Belgium that is. Founders has come out of the blue to become one of my favorite breweries. I am looking forward to anything and everything new coming from founders.

GRDave likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.