Can't Review Beers

Help Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Talk' started by Immortale25, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Immortale25

Immortale25 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,549) May 13, 2011 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I'm trying to review Stillwater's Classique but, when I hit the 'review' button, it goes to the beer's profile page and there's no score or checkmark next to the 'review' box and when I scroll down it says 'Reviews by immortale25: None found.'

2. BeerKangaroo

BeerKangaroo Initiate (0) May 30, 2011 Alaska
    Deactivated

Same thing just happened to me with Petrus Blonde.

I just saved it to another location and when the site editors and/or The Bros get it rolling again, I'll just import my work from today.

I figure we probably just need patience.

cavedave likes this.
  3. kevanb

kevanb Pooh-Bah (2,569) Apr 4, 2011 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I also experienced this, for Midnight Brett. Any insight from the Bro's or moderator's would be great.

4. MaximalC

MaximalC Pundit (986) Jan 3, 2010 Illinois

Experiencing the same problem. I write the review, click submit, and get the "none found" message. Glad it's not just me, as it was driving me half insane :astonished: .

5. Jugs_McGhee

Jugs_McGhee Grand Pooh-Bah (5,956) Aug 15, 2010 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Same problem here.

6. Todd

Todd Founder (13,254) Aug 23, 1996 Finland
    Staff Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

We're experiencing some issues that could cause this, but I did just do a test review and it worked fine.

My suggest would be to not try if you notice any server latency/errors. Save it for later and try again.

BeerKangaroo likes this.
  7. LiquidAmber

LiquidAmber Grand Pooh-Bah (5,310) Feb 20, 2009 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society

Me too, tried twice, same result (goes to the beer page and says no reviews for that beer from me). Will wait until tomorrow.

8. LiquidAmber

LiquidAmber Grand Pooh-Bah (5,310) Feb 20, 2009 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society

As a matter of fact this particular thread shows up on the sidebar as a current discussion, but when you go into the tab, this thread does not show up. I backed up and clicked directly on it on the main discussion page.

9. Pintofbrown

Pintofbrown Initiate (0) Jun 25, 2011 Texas

Just had this issue about an hour or so ago trying to post an Old Viscosity review. I also had to do like LiquidAmber and click directly on the the thread to get in here as it was not a thread in the actual Help forum.

10. Jeffo

Jeffo Pooh-Bah (2,850) Sep 7, 2008 Netherlands
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Sign me up as someone who can't post reviews.

11. BlackHaddock

BlackHaddock Grand Pooh-Bah (3,502) Aug 4, 2006 England
    Pooh-Bah

It's a no go for me too. Refuses to except my review of a cask Italian brew.

<*))))))><

12. Harryrass

Harryrass Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2008 New York

Just wrote a long review of a place, hit enter, and it's gone! Grrrrrrrr!!!!~

13. brureview

brureview Pooh-Bah (2,659) Jan 20, 2012 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

I saved my review and it didn't work today after not posting last night. Message" reviewer not found". I recommend to save reviews in a full web page which will tab next to the new review.

14. utopiajane

utopiajane Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2013 New York

Me too. I am trying to post a review and it says No Reviews by utopiajane.

15. woodychandler

woodychandler Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,048) Apr 9, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

My review of HUB's Abominable Winter Ale will not post, either.

16. stakem

stakem Grand Pooh-Bah (4,070) Feb 20, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I am able to rate but not review now... I was not experiencing any latency issues. (Was able to upload 2 reviews fine but issues arose when I attempted to upload the 3rd.)

17. BEERchitect

BEERchitect Grand Pooh-Bah (5,123) Feb 9, 2005 Kentucky
    Pooh-Bah Society

Yep, just tried to enter a review and experienced the same as others. I'm not quite at "kitten-punchin'" levels of pissed off, but I might be getting close. In the meantime, I'm emailing my reviews to myself and I'll try to submit them later. I hope the problems can be resolved soon- for the sake of all the world's kittens.

18. Todd

We're aware of this issue, and investigating it right now. It's definitely related to the latency issues that we're currently experiencing; it'll work sometimes, but not always.

As suggested, please hold off if you're having issues to avoid making yourself go insane.

We'll post an update as soon as the issue has been resolved.

Thanks,

19. Todd

This issue has been resolved. Lag is gone. Reviews are coming in as normal.

Sorry for the temporary inconvenience.

Cheers!

20. BrownNut

BrownNut Initiate (0) Jul 11, 2011 Florida

Hi Todd.

I see in that thread that you guys found and fixed a problem with reviews not getting processed. I was experiencing that last night when I was also noticing latency problems. But just now, after reading the help thread that mentions your fix, and despite not having seen any latency, I'm still unable to get my review to process after several attempts via two different browsers (Firefox that was already open and Chrome that was launched fresh just now).

I have it saved so I'm not in any hurry and can try again tomorrow or whenever, but wanted you to know that it's still happening as of 4:15ish Eastern after the time of your final post in the other thread. I don't know if these fixes take a while to fully propagate or what, but just wanted to offer that data point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.