Hopslam

Discussion in 'South Atlantic' started by bunique686, Dec 23, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chefkevlar

chefkevlar Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2010 South Carolina

I swear beers like Hopslam bring out the worst in some people. It's the only beer that I've ever had to ban someone from our store over for sneaking into our back room and trying to take a case out.

2. Andreias21

Andreias21 Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2011 Florida

Yeah I love me some sucks, i've gone through nearly a case myself this year already. I'll make sure to ask you if I cant find Hopslam :slight_smile:

3. MightySteede

MightySteede Initiate (0) Jan 11, 2013 North Carolina

Wow. I wonder what his escape plan was? *Don't mind the guy walking out of the store carrying a case of Hopslam*

4. Stugotzo

Stugotzo Initiate (0) Jun 13, 2012 Florida

I don't think he was implying the guy was stealing it. He was merely trying to get around any bottle limits by grabbing a whole case from the back room.

chefkevlar likes this.
  5. rgordon

rgordon Pooh-Bah (2,677) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society

One should never underestimate how awful combat really is. You have to fight for Hopslam, follow trucks, go commando- use your wits. Honestly, Hopslam is a very good beer, but stress is a bad method for finding the "motherload". I'm joking, cheers, and good luck!

Bung and outsidah like this.
  6. chefkevlar

chefkevlar Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2010 South Carolina

Exactly, I Guess he figured if he got to the cashiers they wouldn't know about the 6pack per person limit (which they did). When I caught him he tried to play it off by saying he didn't see any in the cooler (which there was, with a sign that said 1 per). He then argued that we had no right under SC law to limit it. I politely pointed out that if I didn't limit it the first few people would clean us out and he still wouldn't get a case, at which point he threatened to call our HQ and get me fired if I didn't sell him one.

He didn't get one, nor did I ever hear anything about it from HQ. Also no, I had never seen this person in the store before this happened.

Bung and Stugotzo like this.
  7. brstls4drmrs

brstls4drmrs Initiate (0) Jan 30, 2011 North Carolina

Well said.

8. jh1976

jh1976 Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2010 North Carolina

HypeSlam.....IMO there are way too many great IPAs out there now to go chasing a truck for it. Will I pick up a six pack if I see it? Sure. Will I call a store every day for two weeks asking if they have it in? Nope.

chefkevlar likes this.
  9. beerindaglass

beerindaglass Zealot (645) Feb 20, 2013 Florida
    Trader

How much Sucks do ya'll see in Tampa? NW florida has yet to see bottle 1 of it. Hoping that changes this year, but apparently our Lagunitas distro up here is a disaster. I have to get my Sucks fix when I visit ATL.

10. OneBeertoRTA

OneBeertoRTA Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2010 California

You give all real beer advocates a bad name

11. Captiveodyssey

Captiveodyssey Initiate (0) May 24, 2011 Florida

Says the man who religiously thread shits on every offer not involving Cali beer. Btw, are you stalking me to find my posts? Have you nothing better to do? Funny how the man saying ones beer is not good enough to trade for an other, is the one calling me out for being pretentious. Dude hop off and drink some more Cali wælzbra.

Bung likes this.
  12. TheChef18

TheChef18 Initiate (0) Jun 23, 2013 Florida

We've had a ton. Got delivered originally a few weeks ago, and we still have some sitting on the shelves.

13. Bung

Bung Pooh-Bah (2,515) Nov 5, 2007 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah

I just find it funny when people refer to "being a ba" like it is something they have earned that sets them apart. You signed up for a free website...that is it.

APBT91, Deltoro and Charlemagne7 like this.
  14. beerindaglass

beerindaglass Zealot (645) Feb 20, 2013 Florida
    Trader

Well, that just plain Sucks! Shit wouldn't last an hour up here.

Meh, this freshy Jail Alai ain't a bad substitute.

15. Doyle_Hargraves

Doyle_Hargraves Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2013 North Carolina

This paragraph perfectly represents what the craft beer scene has become. You assholes make me sick.

beerindaglass, Bung and wolfeman007 like this.
  16. raczkowski

raczkowski Initiate (0) May 16, 2011 Florida
    Trader

anyone know if the beer has been delivered to the distribtuors yet? i cant wait for this to hit!

17. TheChef18

TheChef18 Initiate (0) Jun 23, 2013 Florida

Week of the 20th is what their official post said.

18. raczkowski

raczkowski Initiate (0) May 16, 2011 Florida
    Trader

thanks for the information :slight_smile:

19. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Pooh-Bah (2,502) Feb 12, 2012 Georgia
    Pooh-Bah

Last I saw, the SE was slated for it to be sent to the distributors on the 20th.

That said, there's a place in ATL saying they will have it this Thursday, but no word from the other places in town when they will get it..

I'm not going to chase it, it's not that earth shatteringly awesome, especially for $20 a sixer, but I will see if I can't get lucky and try and find a place that will have some and head over. Not waiting in line for it, like most folks around ATL love to do for a release.

20. therealcassino

therealcassino Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2010 Georgia

From what I heard, it's going to drop as EARLIEST as next friday. That was from a store manager from where I work...

It would be interesting if someone got it 8 days ahead for sure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.