Surly now being served on Sun Country flights

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by MplsBeerHound, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MplsBeerHound

MplsBeerHound Aspirant (211) Jun 25, 2010 Minnesota

Surly posted this on Facebook yesterday. I fly 2-3 times a month almost exclusively on Delta and their beer selection is horrible as you might expect. I believe Delta's options are Miller Lite, Blue Moon, Heineken, and Corona. This news is almost making me rethink my options when I have a choice between the two airlines.

[​IMG]
    Surly Brewing Company
    Attention passengers, Surly Nation meet Sun Country Airlines: You can now Get Surly on Sun Country flights! Cans of Furious, Hell and Bender are available on every flight for $7, and complimentary in first class.
    [​IMG]

mnbearsfan and nogophers like this.
  2. MCImes

MCImes Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2010 Connecticut

This is Awesome! and all things considered, $7 is fairly reasonable, and its on a cheap airline too. Way to go surly/sun country

Next up, how about darkness, pentagram, and anniversary bottles for ~$50? That doesnt sound too bad when you're on a plane

#2 MCImes, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  3. gatornation

gatornation Grand High Pooh-Bah (9,502) Apr 18, 2007 Arizona
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

yeah i was on a flight last week and they announced they had surly as beverage on the speaker i thought i was hearing things and sure enough they had it i ordered one does that make me part of the mile high club for enjoying a Furious?

nogophers likes this.
  4. ItGose

ItGose Initiate (0) Aug 3, 2013 Minnesota
    Deactivated

I had a Furious on my flight....Jan 11th.

5. jrnyc

jrnyc Pooh-Bah (2,988) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Very cool. Airlines seems to be one of the last bastions craft hasn't infiltrated, would be nice if major airlines had some top notch craft on flights. Would add some joy to what is usually not a great experience.

6. nogophers

nogophers Initiate (0) Jun 28, 2011 Minnesota

Delta used to have decent beer back when James Page was near the top. Then they served Schells for a while. They also had good beer in many of their clubs with local selections (Summit EPA in MSP, Uinta in SLC, etc). Then the bean counters became involved. Crap beer on flights as stated above and worse in their clubs (Bud or Lite).

Looking forward to my next Sun Country flight!

7. aschwab

aschwab Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2009 Texas

Alaska Airlines seems to have Alaskan Amber....which is 100x better than most airlines.

But that still is a long way to go.

8. nogophers

aschwab likes this.
  9. mkhartnett

mkhartnett Savant (1,086) Oct 27, 2010 Minnesota
    Trader

Very cool, though I can honestly say I've never had a beer on a flight and don't expect this to change that. I can go 4 hours without a beer.

10. hamham

hamham Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2011 Minnesota

[​IMG]

KV12482 and MCImes like this.
  11. MCImes

MCImes Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2010 Connecticut

I never had until recently. Now I vow never to fly without beer.

You should give it a try. Flying sucks, beer is good, so they kinda negate each other into a neutral experience. Plus, its cheaper to drink on the flight than in the airport. wtf is that?

+1 for beer.

McRyan, KV12482 and Douggo like this.
  12. Douggo

Douggo Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2009 Minnesota

I can go without a beer on a Saturday. Doesn't mean I do.

13. mkhartnett

mkhartnett Savant (1,086) Oct 27, 2010 Minnesota
    Trader

I always fly in the morning. Furious for breakfast? Wouldn't be the first time.

14. SudsSavant

SudsSavant Savant (1,014) Jan 9, 2007 Minnesota
    Trader

15. nogophers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.