suggestions for tinley park liquor stores

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by tronto, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tronto

tronto Initiate (0) Dec 22, 2010 Kentucky

Staying in tinley park (outside Chicago) for business next week and need some help narrowing down too about 2 good stores. Much appreciated.

2. HartsyThaiFood

HartsyThaiFood Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2013 Illinois

Binny's is in the neighboring suburb of Orland Park. Definitely hit that up, as you'll find a great assortment.

tronto likes this.
  3. nickMB

nickMB Savant (1,118) Nov 17, 2009 Illinois
    Trader

a second good store in the area.....berkots in orland is kinda close, kenwood in homer is kinda close, otherwise its kinda a dead zone. I assume your probably by I-80 and Harlem hotels, in which case theres nothing really close by. If your lookin for a close by brewery, a 5 mile drive down 183'rd takes you to flossmoor station which used to be amazing and is now pretty good (side question - is bjorn no longer there and do they have another new brewer that may or may not know carbonation as everything was like a cask a couple weeks ago).

tronto, WITTBEER and joe1510 like this.
  4. joe1510

joe1510 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,522) Aug 21, 2006 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah

Kenwood Liquors in Homer Glen is close by with a selection very similar to the Orland Binny's and you will save $1-3 per bottle.

http://www.kenwoodliquors.biz/

http://www.binnys.com/

A nice feature of the Binny's website is that you can enter your store and peruse what's in stock. They won't list everything available but it will give you a good idea.

If you want a bite of a Chicago classic while in the area run over to The Original Mr. Beef and grab yourself a sandwich. It rivals and surpasses some of the best beef sandwiches in the city, it's also just down the road from Kenwood.

http://theoriginalmrbeef.com/

tronto and pointyskull like this.
  5. cwehr13

cwehr13 Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2011 Illinois

6. pmoney

pmoney Initiate (0) Apr 15, 2011 Illinois

Three Floyd's is only a half hour away from TP in case you weren't aware.

7. pmoney

pmoney Initiate (0) Apr 15, 2011 Illinois

8. cwehr13

cwehr13 Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2011 Illinois

When it hit the shelves, they were wondering how they sold 2 cases so fast.

9. tronto

Three Floyd's half hour!?! Stoked. Many thanks folks!

forrestbetts likes this.
  10. Jonnyhiggs

Jonnyhiggs Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2012 Illinois

Shit. 20 minutes away.

Another couple ideas are Flossmor Station Brewery and One Trick Pony Brewery. Both offer Growlers.

Also Tribes Ale House in Tinley if you're looking for a food and a great beer list.

11. Jonnyhiggs

Sorry, saw Flossmor Station was already mentioned.

12. tronto

Any weird growler laws I need to know?

13. Jonnyhiggs

Man, I think some places make up their own rules. Play it safe and just buy a growler from the Brewery.

14. beergurujr

beergurujr Initiate (0) Oct 27, 2003 Illinois

Didn't there used to be a big (for the 90's) liquor store in TP 20 years ago, before the Binny's era? Seems I recall the same owner actually bought a space up the street to open a brewpub which never opened... a victim of the 90's craft beer bubble.

forrestbetts likes this.
  15. tronto

Gotcha, thanks.

16. pointyskull

pointyskull Zealot (651) Mar 17, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

1/2 price growlers on Monday...!

If the OP doesn't stop here he's missing out on something special. Always a wonderfully overwhelming tap list of awesomeness....

tronto likes this.
  17. flurker

flurker Devotee (312) Nov 10, 2007 Illinois

If you go to Flossmoor Station, Family Liquors has a pretty good selection for a small store. They always have something from Pipeworks and have plenty of Revolution bombers.

18. forrestbetts

forrestbetts Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2007 Illinois

Mokena, actually. He had a sign in his store for a while pimping "world's end brewing". The minimum investment was $25,000 for the longest time. When it dropped to $10,000 I wondered if he knew what he was doing. The brewpub was in development, but stalled. His liquor store moved to the same strip mall, but eventually closed. Classic 'bit off more than he could chew' from what I can tell.
    More details PM me. Wondering how you know and remember this...

19. pluchar

pluchar Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2013 Illinois

First time seeing my home town mentioned in a post here!

Looking to drink good beer: Tribes Alehouse
    Buy good beer: Binnys in Orland Park (sorta melds together with Tinley, one big suburban glob) and you should try kenwood liquor as well. Smaller selection but there are often some gems there.
    Brewery: definitely three floyds. Hop on I-80 east for /5 min and get off at the Calumet exit, then just a few miles down the road.

Best of luck and welcome to the last bit of civilization before hundreds of miles of corn.

tronto likes this.
  20. pluchar

pluchar Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2013 Illinois

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.