Bourbon County Sightings

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by chi16brew, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chi16brew

chi16brew Aspirant (289) Feb 1, 2011 Illinois

BCBVS is definitely flowing now at Fountainhead.

2. bgrzywa2

bgrzywa2 Zealot (714) Nov 8, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

anyone know how crowded it is?

3. Dontcounttoday

Dontcounttoday Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2010 Illinois

What's the pour going for there?

4. ravot

ravot Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2012 Illinois

hello again. yeah definitely stoked to try vanilla, hoping i catch it on here before i miss out on the bars.

5. nharres

nharres Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2012 Illinois

Anyone know of other tappings of BCBVS during CCBW? Can't make it tonight, but really want to try the stuff...

6. WITTBEER

WITTBEER Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2008 Illinois

Looks like $10 for a 9 oz. pour.

foobula likes this.
  7. Kwaz

Kwaz Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2012 Illinois

I had BCBVS at the binny's south loop GI tap takeover a few weeks ago and it tasted fairly flat to me, like the vanilla had faded in the year and a half since bottling. I had it again today at Fountainhead and it was VASTLY different. What they're pouring at Fountainhead is powerful, bourbon and vanilla straight to the dome. One of the best pours I've ever had. Get yourself over there right now if you're in range before they're out!

8. abanton

abanton Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

There better be one of those left for me in the fall, Marc!

MarcatGSB likes this.
  9. DLDlulz

DLDlulz Zealot (614) Feb 15, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

was @Fountainhead at 4, left at 5. Wasn't crowded yet and everyone was there for vanilla BCBS. Had one for $10 and was delicious. Stay clear of the Brooklyn COnnconction. Bad call on my part.

10. Dontcounttoday

Dontcounttoday Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2010 Illinois

Has Fountainhead tapped out yet? Day 1 and BCBVS and King Henry is gone at Maple Tree Inn. Sorry they had only 4 bottles of KH and I grabbed one upon opening.

11. atone315

atone315 Initiate (0) Oct 8, 2008 Wisconsin

Do you have a place in the Yooper or is that just where you are from? I find myself in the Keweenaw often!!!

12. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2011 Michigan

Grew up in Allouez and now live in Great Sand Bay, and am part owner of Fitzgeralds in Eagle River. Next time you are up stop in and I will gladly buy you a beer and I always enjoy BA visitors!

13. atone315

atone315 Initiate (0) Oct 8, 2008 Wisconsin

Done!!!

Sorry for strolling off topic......$15 for 9oz of anything besides booze? Only in Chicago....

14. chi16brew

The BCBVS at fountainhead was probably the original 2010. Drank one with another BA I met at the bar an we both felt that the vanilla was almost nonexistent. Still a good brew but it was 86ed about 2 hrs ago.

15. chi16brew

My original intent here was finding the 2011 bramble rye second batch that comes out in kegs, has anyone seen or heard any news on it in Chicago?

16. Khazadum

Khazadum Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2010 Illinois

There was only one batch.

17. Khazadum

Khazadum Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2010 Illinois

Nope its old vanilla from 2010.
    Tweet laffler if you want, he will support the information. They have been off loading these kegs for months now to hype the shitty Fulton series beers.

18. foobula

foobula Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2009 Illinois

Wasn't it a real PITA to brew the vanilla, hence why they're not making it again? I heard somewhere that it gunked up the tanks or something.

19. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2010 Michigan

Huh? :confused:

So 9 oz. of BCBVS for $15 (a beer that is 1.5 years old, presumably aging well) is ridiculous, but $30 for a 22 oz. bottle of King Henry isn't terrible? That extra $6 and change for bomber price is that ridiculous?

20. aefbjo

aefbjo Zealot (521) Jun 8, 2005 Bahamas

I'm unclear as to who's talking Bout bars vs shops. $30 at a bar is more reasonable than at a shop...

MarcatGSB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.