Peoria Advice?

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by SudsSavant, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SudsSavant

SudsSavant Savant (1,014) Jan 9, 2007 Minnesota
    Trader

I'm in Peoria for a couple of days from Minnesota and looking at making a stop at Friar Tuck's to load up on some Alesmith selections but could use some advice on what else to look out for. I've tried doing the comparison between Illinois and Minnesota (and Wisconsin too, I've made my share of runs to Hudson) but all those Chicago-area only selections are throwing me off as to what I can find downstate.

2. jschott75

jschott75 Pooh-Bah (1,792) May 19, 2012 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

They have 6 to 8 Alesmith selections on the shelf.
    A few thing to look for not in Minnesota-Dogfish Head, Perennial, Port/Lost Abbey, Schlafly.

3. SudsSavant

SudsSavant Savant (1,014) Jan 9, 2007 Minnesota
    Trader

Thanks for the suggestions. I avoided the Dogfish only because they've started showing up in Hudson, WI again so that shouldn't be an issue. I did pick up some Perennial, Port, and Lost Abbey selections and was even able to snag a Red Poppy that they just had arrive in that day.

Now where that thanks continues when I get home and see the Visa bill of what I spent... :slight_smile:

4. ahq514

ahq514 Initiate (0) Jul 2, 2010 Illinois

Schlafly... the imperial stout and barleywine if they're hanging around. Should definitely have the american ipa which is great too.

5. birchstick

birchstick Initiate (0) Sep 2, 2007 Colorado

I know you're talking about Friar Tucks, but if you are looking to grab a pint, do yourself a favor and head to Kellehers on the riverfront. Still one of my favorite beer bars in the US. They will randomly tap things like CBS, Goose Island rarities, stuff from Chicago downstate wouldn't otherwise see, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.