Stone Enjoy By 08.16.14 IPA Hits The Streets July 12th

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by BrahptimusPrime, Jul 3, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyMc

JohnnyMc Maven (1,477) Feb 14, 2012 Ohio

Not ALL of them have been, but a lot have. Nothing significant about the date. Oh wait, never mind. You gotta drink it by then. :wink: Cheers!

2. Dan_Bowman

Dan_Bowman Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2010 Ohio

If this is true, these are good for 35 days which means it would be bottled on July 11 (just a guess) which is this Friday and Stone hasn't even announced this release yet. It's not on http://enjoyby.stonebrewing.com/ yet.

3. Bnjmnlws

Bnjmnlws Initiate (0) Aug 15, 2013 New York

4. Telly13

Telly13 Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2014 California

After going to stone gardens and many people in stone gardens just saying its the same beer just different batches dated for freshness i just enjoy it as "enjoy by" i dropped the particular date and know im having a very fresh beer!

5. AlcahueteJ

AlcahueteJ Grand Pooh-Bah (3,088) Dec 4, 2004 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

That's not an accurate comparison. For example, Celebration comes out once per year, and is seasonal. And within that season there's actually multiple batches, and even those don't each get their own thread.

Stone releases this beer multiple times per year. For example, just recently, Enjoy By 07.04.14, and now Enjoy By 08.16.14. I agree, we do not need a separate thread every time they release a new batch. It's available year round.

FatBoyGotSwagger likes this.
  6. ThreeLloyds

ThreeLloyds Initiate (0) May 8, 2014 Iowa

More excited for Unapologetic to hit the shelves.

ohiobeer29, robear and sportmac4 like this.
  7. ACGypsy

ACGypsy Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2014 Texas

Stone has it listed as limited distribution like the 5/16. Always strikes me as odd to see Alabama and South Carolina in there on these limited distros.

8. pitweasel

pitweasel Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2007 New York

I'm not sure how you know what it feels like to have a pine tree piss in your mouth (I mean, do they even produce urine?), or whether that even sounds bad to me. Half the reason I like this beer is because, as a good friend described it, "it's like making out with a pine tree". Which you actually can do...granted, it's a bit of a one-sided endeavor.

B_Horne and sportmac4 like this.
  9. pitweasel

pitweasel Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2007 New York

It's available more frequently than before, but it's still not year round. Nor is every batch released to all markets - sometimes it's just a few states.

Celebration? Surprise! Every single year, at right around the same time, it's available at each and every market that Sierra Nevada distributes to. Nothing changes...not news.

10. TurkeyFeathers

TurkeyFeathers Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2014 New York
    Deactivated

It's all gone around Buffalo,NY area.

11. TurkeyFeathers

TurkeyFeathers Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2014 New York
    Deactivated

Best I have is it's the day before my daughters 12th bday and my dad's 90th bday

12. nate-henry

nate-henry Initiate (0) Jun 16, 2014 Michigan

"making out with a pine tree", isn't that the title of a Thoreau novel?... anyway, everyone's tastebuds are different, i prefer a more floral citrus ipa over pine bomb. to each his own. this beer just seemed to be brewed with multiple hop additions made from george bretts baseball bat. i really hope someone got that reference

Smidge, B_Horne, breadwinner and 2 others like this.
  13. cherche

cherche Pooh-Bah (2,452) Mar 27, 2013 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

How many inches up the bat are we talking here?

Smidge, B_Horne and DanE like this.
  14. TongoRad

TongoRad Grand Pooh-Bah (3,848) Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Just a heads-up, then, that you may not like Pliny the Elder if you ever run across it.

I got some pine in 7-4, but not at the level you did. I pretty much dug it, myself.

HopBomb515 and DanE like this.
  15. DanE

DanE Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2012 Connecticut

16. Spinach937

Spinach937 Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2013 Ohio

LOWER THE PRICE FOR THE BALLERS ON A BUDGET!! $10.00+ for a bomber. Busting heads!
    thanks!
    Rob

sportmac4 likes this.
  17. cherche

cherche Pooh-Bah (2,452) Mar 27, 2013 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I've never seen it priced higher than $8.49...

18. AlcahueteJ

AlcahueteJ Grand Pooh-Bah (3,088) Dec 4, 2004 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

Not year round?

10.25.13, 12.13.13, 02.14.14, 04.20.14(national distribution), 05.16.14, 06.18.14, 07.04.14 (national distribution), and now 08.16.14 (national distribution).

That's 8 releases in less than 9 months, three of them seeing national distribution, with the last five batches being released monthly. At MOST, this should be added as a separate thread in the regional forums when it's not distributed nationally.

Should I start a new thread in the beer releases forum each time there's a new bottling of Firestone Union Jack arriving in Boston? Because I sure as heck see a lot less of that than Enjoy By.

FatBoyGotSwagger likes this.
  19. nate-henry

18 inches from the tip, no human should be forced to handle that much

TongoRad likes this.
  20. nate-henry

thanks for the heads up. pliny was near the top of my wish list until now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.