Westbrook

Discussion in 'New England' started by omniscientcause, Aug 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omniscientcause

omniscientcause Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2010 District of Columbia

I know seekabrew is limitted distro for this stuff. Also know it makes it way to ny. Does any amount make it to dc?

2. Smakawhat

Smakawhat Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,727) Mar 18, 2008 Maryland
    Pooh-Bah Society

no there are no Westbrook beers in DC for sale, however some of the Evil Twin stuff which is brewed there and distributed has made its way, but that's not Westbrook (ahem sorta). The only beer from Westbrook that I've seen sold in DC is this one:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24134/86840/

and that's probably more so that Evil Twin has it's name on it. So in answer to your question it's no and sort of yes :confused::wink:

3. omniscientcause

bahumbug I went to whole foods the other night and wasnt happy at all...I need to check some more places in the next few weeks because i just moved here.

Thanks

4. Smakawhat

Pooh-Bah Society

anything in particular you are looking for?

5. omniscientcause

nothing in particular right now, just looking for a solid beer store. Last time i visited one place by the convention center was doing perennial growlers...dont know if that was a one time thing or not.

6. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Grand Pooh-Bah (3,181) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

I recently purchased a 6-pack (cans) of Evil Twin Berliner Weisse (that was brewed at Westbrook). I would heartily recommend that beer if you like the Berliner Weisse style.

Cheers!

7. ArlVABeerGuy

ArlVABeerGuy Crusader (499) Feb 23, 2012 Virginia
    Trader

Check out the Whole Foods on P St. NW -- they're now the best overall bottleshop in DC.

8. omniscientcause

That the one over by logan? Im learning my streets...I dont officially move in until next thursday but I am staying with my gf until then.

I wasnt impressed with the selection wed there...but ive been there before when they had a better selection.

I went to modern...something over by the convention center and was also not impressed...wound up walking from shaw to some random place i had been to before because I knew they had two hearded...settled on that.

9. Smakawhat

Pooh-Bah Society

Yes that's over by Logan circle, p and 14th which is nowhere near the convention centre. Two Hearted is on the shelf there also... often.. it's in cans.

10. omniscientcause

yea i was in chinatown checking out my new place...my gf used to live by the convention center thats why i knew about that store...ive been there probably 8 times in the last 3 years and tonight was the worst selection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.