DC must stops?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Mag00n, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mag00n

Mag00n Initiate (0) Nov 21, 2008 New York

Im visiting my aunt Saturday and staying until Weds, she lives walking distance from the nationals stadium. From some searchong on this forum it looks like churchkey, brookland pint and right proper should be on my list? Any other suggestions? Bottleshops would be cool but mostly looking for cool brew pubs and beer bars with stellar draft line ups. Cheers.

2. Iamjeff6

Iamjeff6 Initiate (0) Sep 9, 2013 Virginia

I have a feeling everyone will suggest ChurchKey like you already mentioned. As far as a bottle shop/draft lines, you can check out the Whole Foods on P street, they have a good selection of beer and a few taps in the store.

Mag00n likes this.
  3. sciphish

sciphish Initiate (0) Jul 8, 2009 Virginia

Bluejacket is right near Nats Park. I personally haven't been and it seems like reviews are mixed for it but it is close by where you're staying and might be worth a visit.

Mag00n likes this.
  4. kdb150

kdb150 Initiate (0) Mar 8, 2012 Pennsylvania

Meridian Pint is my personal favorite. They usually have an excellent draft lineup. Also, if you find yourself in Dupont Circle, hit up the trifecta of The Big Hunt, Pizzeria Paradiso, and Bier Baron. You can eat at Paradiso as well as drink, and it's a nice walk if the weather cooperates.

Mag00n likes this.
  5. TheNightwatchman

TheNightwatchman Initiate (0) Mar 28, 2009 Pennsylvania

Some of the best ones were already mentioned. Capital City is decent enough. They won't blow your mind, and I wouldn't put them at the top of the list, but if you're running low on ideas I'd say they're worth checking out.

Mag00n likes this.
  6. scottDC

scottDC Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2013 District of Columbia

if you're in town through Wednesday, take advantage of Pizza Paradiso's happy hour on Tues & Wed. 1/2 priced drafts from 5-7 at the bar--they always have great stuff on tap.

Mag00n likes this.
  7. GeoSteve

GeoSteve Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2014 Maryland

To add to the list for the DuPont circle area, there's a bottle shop across the street from Pizza Paradiso on P Street right off DuPont circle with some real gems. Forget the name but it has a blue sign. Found a couple of Cantillons, Russian Rivers, 3Fs, lots of Allagash, Mikkeller, Lost Abbey. Little pricey, like everything in the area, but an awesome shop.

8. RKP1967

RKP1967 Savant (1,126) Sep 26, 2010 Virginia

I haven't been low enough on ideas to make it to a Cap City in at least five years.

9. Rhettroactive

Rhettroactive Pooh-Bah (2,225) Mar 28, 2009 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society

There are a million and one other "coming to DC" threads that are worth a peek (use the search function).

But as for a quick recommendation, it wouldn't be a solid visit without a stop by Right Proper in the Shaw neighborhood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.