New Glarus Scream

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by MVP09, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MVP09

MVP09 Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2012 Massachusetts

I was just in Racine WI this past weekend. Found a 4 pack sitting on shelves. When was this released does NG do bottle dating. Did not inspect four pack box for dates. Just bought it and packed it for my plane ride home. Its pretty damn good even not knowing date

2. Hendrick24

Hendrick24 Pooh-Bah (1,925) Sep 6, 2013 Wisconsin
    Pooh-Bah Society

It was bottled 3 times (at least thus far), May 28th (julian 148), June 13th (164), and July 22nd (203). The Julian date followed by a 4 (2014) is on the neck of each bottle, in black ink so it's hard to see, but it's there. Amazing beer indeed, and has held up really well.

3. MooseBoose

MooseBoose Initiate (0) Jun 6, 2007 Wisconsin

Hold the bottle up to a light and look through it is the easiest way for me to see the date on the neck.

4. Vinithing

Vinithing Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2014 Wisconsin

Sooooo gooood!

5. robear

robear Initiate (0) May 24, 2014 Wisconsin

My guess is you have the latest bottling (2034) as I don't think there is much of the 164 left. Have had both recently and while the age is apparent on the 164, it is still completely drinkable. Of the "big 3" Wisconsin IIPA's bottled this year (Johnson and Illumination) Scream has held up best to the test of time.

6. ScottageCheese

ScottageCheese Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2011 Wisconsin

NG Scream is still on the shelves up in North Central Wisconsin. I didn't know about the bottle dating for NG...why do they have to make it a challenge to find/decipher the dates? That's my only gripe on NG, and their lack of labeling ABV %.
    In my honest opinion, I'd have to say Lakefront's Johnson IIPA takes the cake this summer in the IIPA category, followed by Black Husky's, NG, and finally Double Illumination.

7. robear

I really liked Johnson but for me the hops fell out way to quickly and left a few really noticeable off-flavors. Howler was my favorite new hoppy beer of the year, but Scream was a very close second. Of course, nobody has quite pulled off an APA, IPA, or IIPA like TG this summer.

8. MVP09

MVP09 Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2012 Massachusetts

Scream was phenomenal. I smell cat piss in a good way. Is that Simcoe? 2 bottles left 1 is going to a buddy for a couple Night Shift cans.

9. Ri0

Ri0 Initiate (0) Jul 1, 2012 Wisconsin

Bunny Green Toe was really nice and made me forget Johnson.

jimmyfishkin and robear like this.
  10. robear

Forgot about that one. Found a sixer on the shelf last week and it still drinks really nicely. Maybe lost a touch of hop aroma, but still tastes very full and fresh.

11. jimmyfishkin

jimmyfishkin Initiate (0) Nov 17, 2008 Wisconsin

Wish I would have been clued into this one sooner - I started enjoying right before it started to disappear from the shelves.

12. justinrphillips

justinrphillips Initiate (0) Aug 15, 2014 Wisconsin

Saw a 4 pack the other day need to go back and grab one.

13. BT_Bobandy

BT_Bobandy Initiate (0) Feb 20, 2011 Ohio

Buddy just gave me one. Really looking forward to trying it tonight.

justinrphillips likes this.
  14. justinrphillips

Great stuff way worth it just had a couple tonight

15. justinrphillips

Not sure where you are in Wisconsin. HyVee in Madison on the West Side still has some

16. robear

Yeah- still popping up in shops around the middle of the state. Maybe distributor still had some in the warehouse? Tastes great, still.

17. justinrphillips

18. Ri0

Tom is making another batch this fall since it sold so well!

jimmyfishkin likes this.
  19. Ri0

Same date code? A new batch is in the works or maybe it has been made already?

20. justinrphillips

I picked up two 4 packs yesterday I will look at the code on them tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.