Craft Bars (any success stories in smaller population areas?)

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by bubseymour, Sep 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cambabeer

cambabeer Pooh-Bah (2,646) Dec 29, 2010 New York
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

hey... which is that last "small private" bar you're referring to? If there's a place in Gville I don't know about I'll be so excited! I'm assuming the German pub is stubbies...

2. BMMillsy

BMMillsy Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2012 Florida

Stubbies yes. Smaller beer bar is right next door: Gainesville House of Beer. Surely you have heard of this one, yes?

cambabeer likes this.
  3. cambabeer

cambabeer Pooh-Bah (2,646) Dec 29, 2010 New York
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Ah! Yeah of course... for some reason, every time people say "world of beer" I think of house of beer (even though I go every once in a while). I always forget about world of beer because I so rarely get out that direction.

4. bubseymour

bubseymour Grand Pooh-Bah (4,656) Oct 30, 2010 Maryland
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

OP back again.

So looking for craft bars outside of the big globs of urbanization/sprawl outside of major cities (lets say cities of 100K plus within city limits I'd consider a major city) so nothing just outside of those sized cities.

Then if it is a smaller isolated town or city with <100K population, craft bars that are not located in the main downtown business/restaurant/bar district.

Basically if you need to parallel park on the street or use a parking deck to get there, it probably doesn't fit what I'm looking for. Establishments with their own parking lots are probably what I'm looking for.

5. GallowsThief

GallowsThief Initiate (0) Aug 3, 2010 Florida

6. 3letters3numbers

3letters3numbers Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2012 Pennsylvania

Its been a couple years since I've been there but that was my hangout back in the day. When someone would come in and ask for a bottle of BCM everybody within earshot would boo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.