Revolution Unsessionable

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Bearshawks85, Sep 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jplopez21

jplopez21 Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2012 Illinois

Just had one last night. Lots of different flavors going on, but I was expecting a hop bomb from an IIPA. Regardless, it's still a good beer and if you don't like over the top in your face hoppy, then this is for you.

2. ratmoss

ratmoss Initiate (0) Sep 11, 2005 Illinois

It is called UNsessionable. Probably couldn't fit "Hey bro, don't go crushing this whole 6 pack in one sitting" on the can.

3. eyemustard

eyemustard Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Wisconsin

You can't call it Unsessionable and not expect me to challenge.

4. beardown2489

beardown2489 Pooh-Bah (1,892) Oct 5, 2012 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society

haha ya, they call it unsessionable for god sakes. Its literally telling you not to drink many of these.

5. beardown2489

beardown2489 Pooh-Bah (1,892) Oct 5, 2012 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society

Paid 18.04 last night at some shitty liquor store while driving through bourbonnais last night

6. shredder83

shredder83 Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2013 Illinois

I was very impressed with the first can of my sixer last night, imo the best hoppy beer they've done.

blue-dream likes this.
  7. michman

michman Initiate (0) Oct 14, 2005 Illinois

had my first one last night. canned on date printed on the bottom 10-7-2014. very nice beer. prob the best double ipa ive had from Revolution. and one of the better (new to me) dipa that ive tried in a long time. the last one to wow me was permanent funeral last year. great beer. i will go find more!

Does anyone know how much of this was canned? if i find some more should i scoop it up or will it be around for awhile? thanks!

#27 michman, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  8. BeerGreg

BeerGreg Initiate (0) May 17, 2013 Illinois

From what I've heard, they didn't brew a ton of this, so scoop it up when you see it!

Nachos4two likes this.
  9. michman

michman Initiate (0) Oct 14, 2005 Illinois

Thanks, I will certainly be looking for more then.

10. wtkphoto

wtkphoto Savant (1,023) Apr 3, 2009 Michigan

Visiting Chicago again this weekend and really want to pick some of this up but I'm not crazy about DIPAs right now so I don't want to commit to a sixer. What places would have singles so I could buy 2-3 of them? Can't remember any shops I've been to having singles but could be remembering incorrectly.

11. ppohio

ppohio Initiate (0) Aug 5, 2011 Minnesota

If you're up northerly in Lincoln Square you can get individual cans at Bottles & Cans. They'll let you split up whatever. Saw plenty of Unsessionable there yesterday.

wtkphoto likes this.
  12. crossovert

crossovert Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2009 Illinois

How was this not over the hop hoppy? Name a "hop bomb" then. Pounds upon pounds of hops have gone into this beer. Its a 10% er, basically a triple ipa. The hop perception is different than a 4% session ipa, that doesn't mean there isn't a fuck ton of it. Tastes like any other 10+% ipa.

cetherid likes this.
  13. crossovert

Ardmore Station in Villa Park. But only buy thier new beers, some of the beer there is beyond ancient. Bottles and Cans too but they have a price markup scheme.

mfnmbvp and wtkphoto like this.
  14. thereal

thereal Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2010 Illinois

I found it to be rather sweet, so a bit more balanced than the really dry DIPAs. More like a Hopslam than a Double Trouble. Enjoyable beer.

15. whalezticker

whalezticker Initiate (0) Oct 20, 2014 Illinois

Really enjoyed this one!

16. crossovert

Have you ever had a beer that was over 10% that you could really say was dry? The point remains there is still a shit ton of hops in this beer.

kodt likes this.
  17. thereal

Double Trouble is somewhere near 10%, and it's very dry. I find Double Jack to be dry as well. I don't disagree that there are a metric assload of hops in this beer, however.

This is dry by comparison of course. NOT TALKIN' ABOUT CHABLIS HERE, AMIRITE?

18. crossovert

It has different hops and is a completely different beer than those. It is powerfully acidic and almost puckering while reatinaing sweetness and booziness. It still is ultra-hoppy.

19. thereal

Yeah, not sure what we are talking about. Double Trouble and Double Jack are drier than Unsessionable. Also, people have different palates than you.

20. crossovert

The original post I replied to described this is not a hop bomb, and that is a ludicrous statement. I never said the other two weren't drier (Double JAck being my personal favorite beer of all time).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.