Three Brothers Resolute Day

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by ElGordito, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brother_kenneth

brother_kenneth Initiate (0) Oct 22, 2012 Virginia

Wow, this was far worse than I expected. Glad I was in VT on Resolute day! Hopefully none of my awesome Hburg friends got shut out due to the few inconsiderate folks in the front of the line. I'm sure Adam and Three Bro's didn't expect this and would like nothing more than to go back and fix it. Hopefully future releases will go more smoothly. Also, I heard that Cocoa version killed! If any of my Hburg or RVA friends got one and would like to crack it sometime, I'd be more than happy to try it. You know I'll bring the heat :slight_smile:

legend8706 and Hopbully like this.
  2. bellbw

bellbw Initiate (0) Jun 10, 2014 Virginia

I don't even wanna get this rolling but now there are whispers of carbonation issues with variant bottles. Has been reported by multiple sources now......

3. HookemHoos

HookemHoos Savant (1,223) Sep 20, 2013 Virginia

I cracked a set with some out of town friends last night and had zero issues. They were all fantastic.

4. bellbw

bellbw Initiate (0) Jun 10, 2014 Virginia

Awesome. Good to know

5. Brdlist

Brdlist Initiate (0) Apr 25, 2014 North Carolina

Wouldn't wish quality issues on anyone, but I feel like that even the thought of them having issues would be a good enough reason why you wouldn't buy 3-4k without ever having tried them and the brewery being a relatively new player.. that's a gamble!

6. buttesnake

buttesnake Initiate (0) Sep 25, 2013 Colorado

[​IMG]

mlhyatt, LeeEvolved and bellbw like this.
  7. Smakawhat

Smakawhat Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,727) Mar 18, 2008 Maryland
    Pooh-Bah Society

Ya know the timing of this is perfect ... I was always wondering about this brew as 3 Brothers has a few bottles in NOVA and I have asked every store I have been to that carries this beer if they have or when the heck it shows up? It is in the system at Total Wine, but judging from the craze of this release I am guessing there won't be a bottle showing up at a store anytime soon :wink:

That and the fact hundreds allegedly went to one guy :grinning:

Atremenous (?) I managed to try and was impressed even though wild and stout is normally a combination that makes me cringe.

Onward! !!

8. dsigmon

dsigmon Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2007 Florida

I don't know about them but I made the hike and got shut out on the variants (got there shortly after 9am) :stuck_out_tongue: Whatever, I drove down to Redbeard after since it was going to take at least another hour to get a sip of draft beer and had a far better experience there :slight_smile:

9. lillitnn92

lillitnn92 Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2009 Virginia
    Deactivated

Due to brewery upgrades, there wasn't enough floor space to have as big of a release. Only 1600 bottles of Resolute bottled as singles (not including bottles that went with variants) Therefore they chose not to distribute this run.

10. WI-Beer-Man

WI-Beer-Man Maven (1,383) May 29, 2014 Wisconsin

Were the bottles numbered this time?

11. Jnashed

Jnashed Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2014 Virginia

Yes they were

12. WI-Beer-Man

WI-Beer-Man Maven (1,383) May 29, 2014 Wisconsin

Variants hand-numbered to 150, regular to 2,500? Are they dated?

LeeEvolved likes this.
  13. Jnashed

Jnashed Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2014 Virginia

Yes on both. variants to 150 and regular to 2500. Bottle date present on side.11/12/14

LeeEvolved likes this.
  14. brother_kenneth

brother_kenneth Initiate (0) Oct 22, 2012 Virginia

Bummer dude! I heard the Redbeard trip was cool. Wish I could've been there. I definitely plan to visit soon.

15. dsigmon

dsigmon Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2007 Florida

November 28th is the day to go to Redbeard. Here are the titties they will be providing to suckle on:

Tentative Lineup:
    Black Rye IPA
    AM OG Stout
    Sweet Potato Pie Porter
    Dark Chocolate Stout (Cellared from 1 yr Anniversary)
    Mint Chocolate Stout
    Van Winkle Aged Moriarty (6 month version)
    Van Winkle Aged Morairty (12 month version)
    Van Winkle Aged Moriarty w/ Coffee (12 mo. aged on Coffee Beans)

16. trevord13

trevord13 Initiate (0) Sep 30, 2010 Virginia

We stopped by Redbeard at noon Saturday, and were glad we did. I was pretty impressed with everying he had, and walked away with a 32oz growler of 12mo VW Moriarty. Next Friday should be fun, hope I can make it back up.

brother_kenneth and dsigmon like this.
  17. lillitnn92

lillitnn92 Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2009 Virginia
    Deactivated

not just coffee beans, but Lucas Roasting Coffee beans :slight_smile: I'm probably going to be there as well.

dsigmon likes this.
  18. SlothB77

SlothB77 Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2012 Virginia

when does the resolute drop next?

19. Iamjeff6

Iamjeff6 Initiate (0) Sep 9, 2013 Virginia

Most likely November 2015

20. ncaudle

ncaudle Initiate (0) May 28, 2010 Virginia

the variants (at least) were bottle conditioned. but since they were only bottled maybe a week prior to release they hadn't carbed yet. just sit on them in warm storage for a bit and they should carb up fine.

bellbw likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.