9th Annual Stone Soup BA beer Gathering

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by blitheringidiot, Dec 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blitheringidiot

blitheringidiot Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2003 Pennsylvania

Rifugium likes this.
  2. StoutHearted

StoutHearted Zealot (656) Jul 7, 2005 Pennsylvania

The best time of the year! Don't fret over what to bring, just grab a brew and come!

3. blitheringidiot

This year we are trying something new. We will use the downstairs room, which is remodeled and awesome. Actually more room. i am stoked!!

AdamP and ajfa531 like this.
  4. slander

slander Pooh-Bah (2,324) Nov 5, 2001 New York
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society

One of these years, Ev, one of these years...

5. blitheringidiot

If anybody can help with adding some Beer schwag as door prizes and has a hook up, please let me know.

thanks

6. PhillyTapFinder

PhillyTapFinder Initiate (0) May 21, 2012 Pennsylvania

Looks like I'm not going be able to make it this year, but I can send you some Phillytapfinder shwag as door prizes. Message me with your address and I will mail out some stuff. Have fun and let me know if I can help in any other way. - Jared

Ruddick and pants4 like this.
  7. DarkSteve

DarkSteve Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2014 Pennsylvania

Attending my first one (and bringing a few friends . . . and those friends will all have beer!)

Wondering what kind of beer is best to bring? I want to make sure I'm not the guy bringing Barefoot Wine to a high class wine tasting (to mix analogies a bit). Any lists of past beers at bottle shares?

Steve in Philly

8. NJR19056

NJR19056 Aspirant (294) Mar 23, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Here are threads for the last 2 years- gives an idea of what people bring/what its all about. Just bring something cool, something you think people will like- some people will bring crazy rare stuff & some people will bring shelf stuff and no one gets judged either way. Its an awesome time to drink good beer.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/shhh-its-a-secret-a-stone-soup-secret.47803/

http://www.beeradvocate.com/communi...-noble-beer-path-with-us.130487/#post-1988445

AdamP likes this.
  9. blitheringidiot

mailing address:
    1301 Virginia DrFt Washington, PA 19034-3203
    attn: Ev Beebee

10. devilfluff

devilfluff Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2014 New Jersey
    Trader

You might want to delete that and BM it to him... This is kinda public.

11. blitheringidiot

thanks but no worries

12. PhillyTapFinder

PhillyTapFinder Initiate (0) May 21, 2012 Pennsylvania

got it. will send out this week. have fun!

13. Rifugium

Rifugium Grand Pooh-Bah (4,685) Mar 2, 2009 North Dakota
    Pooh-Bah Society

Ev, I sent you a PM about some swag possibilities. Check it out, and get back to me if interested.

14. blitheringidiot

Done

15. DarkSteve

We're looking forward to meeting everyone at our first SS Bottle Share this Saturday.

Any hints as to what folks are bringing, or is it usually a surprise? See you in a few days!

Steve in Philly

NJR19056 likes this.
  16. NJR19056

NJR19056 Aspirant (294) Mar 23, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Looking forward to Saturday. I'm bringing a Pizza Boy Abascio-Cell (Pinot Grigio) and a FW Stickee Monkee. Not sure what else yet. Maybe a growler? Should be a great time again

17. DarkSteve

I'm not sure yet. I'm mulling over a few things to Bring (SN Barrel Aged Narwhal, Ommegang XV, Maybe all 4 Goose Island sisters from 2013, Smuttynose Wheat Wine, maybe a growler).

That's actually one of the reasons I asked. I'd like to try and bring something different. If there are already 3 bottles of BA Narwhal, I'll pick something else. Otherwise, I'll wing it, and we'll just have to drink it all (oh, the horrors).

Steve in Philly

18. blitheringidiot

Looks like we might get snow but i saw 37 degrees and mixed with rain so we should be good

gueuzegeek likes this.
  19. gueuzegeek

gueuzegeek Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2003 New Jersey

Hi guys, this event always brings me back into the BA fold! I cannot wait to see everyone! I will bring some goodies that I dig up, and YEH, I will have a heavyweight beer in the intended selection again this year.

Another tip for first-timers: don't worry about rarity, because sometimes my favorite beers are the ones people bring that I have overlooked in my local shop when looking for "what's new" instead!!

blitheringidiot and NJR19056 like this.
  20. timobkg

timobkg Zealot (639) Aug 24, 2006 New Jersey

Anyone coming from South Jersey (Voorhees / Cherry Hill area) that would be kind enough to give me a ride?

Alternatively, anyone have Max's contact info and could BM me? I know he's pretty close by, but he doesn't read these boards and I can't seem to find his email info.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.