Crazy beer culture

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by SeanBond, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeanBond

SeanBond Pooh-Bah (2,880) Jul 30, 2013 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Yeah, well at least you get to stand in line in decent weather!

2. Fox82791

Fox82791 Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2014 New York

I have it lucky here in Buffalo. The beer scene is just starting to blow up, but there's not enough people to make it too congested! Only releases/events/festivals that I've seen too busy was Black Friday for BCBS. We get a tiny allocation for Some releases, but amazing beer events are never that busy

3. Beer-Revelry

Beer-Revelry Initiate (0) Jan 10, 2015 Texas

I live in a small town in East Texas. My set up here would probably underwhelm most people, but I like it alright. We've got a liquor store about 2 minutes away from my house that hardly anyone knows about, yet they get in some incredible stuff and let me bring in full lists at a time of stuff to order. There are bottles upon bottles of things like Brooklyn Black Ops, Trappistes Rochefort 10, Avery Mephistopheles, Dogfish Olde School and Burton Baton just sitting there waiting for the taking in LARGE reserves. When I wan't to shop bigger, I can travel 30 minutes and get to Tyler, or if I'm looking for a white whale, I can drive 2 hours to Dallas and get most anything I want. Finally, my girl is going to school in Chicago and can get me most anything else I can't get around here! Only thing is, our bars SUCK! The only things we have here available at bars are Left Hand Milk Stout, Victory Golden Monkey, Guinness Draught, Magic Hat #9, some Sam Adam's brews and New Belgium Ranger IPA. All in all though, I wouldn't trade it for the business hustle and bustle of the beer scene in somewhere like Chicago, which I have experienced in a Three Floyd's Zombie Dust hunt!

4. Flashy

Flashy Pooh-Bah (1,755) Oct 22, 2003 Vermont
    Pooh-Bah Society

Beer has suddenly become so hip and cool. Well, it was hip and cool to the majority of us years ago and it will be hip and cool long after these folks have moved onto the next thing their friends tell them they just gotta do.[/QUOTE]
    we were cool (never hip) for great beers twenty years ago, but look how much better beer has gotten in the twenty years. It was exciting to see Magic Hat in a bar in Vermont. If the hipsters are causing this, then go hipsters!

5. Terp96

Terp96 Zealot (733) Oct 18, 2004 North Carolina

Agree, hipsters should go.

6. gopens44

gopens44 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,436) Aug 9, 2010 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Talking to a fellow from work about that - saw Municipal Waste open up for Gwar a few years back, I love that throwback '80's thrash sound! Definitely going to try and make it to that show.

bushycook likes this.
  7. SouthAtholSuds

SouthAtholSuds Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2008 Massachusetts

I always stand in line for beer. At the cash register. Nowhere else.

8. SouthAtholSuds

SouthAtholSuds Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2008 Massachusetts

Yea but you have a chainsaw for a hand and a boom stick. Obviously no one is going to argue with you cutting the line.

TheeWalrusHunter and SeanBond like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.