From Eugene to Coast to Portland

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by esv, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esv

esv Initiate (0) May 26, 2005 Virginia

I am making a large loop through this area, going up along the coast. I have a lot of freedom to go where I want.

Does anyone have suggestions for breweries as well as hiking/camping locations?

On a side-note, I haven't been to BA in a while. Everything is gone! All my forum posts, my avatar! Good grief. So many years ... so many years.

2. chumba526

chumba526 Pundit (988) Apr 27, 2009 Oregon
    Trader

You should checkout Brewer's Union 180 in Oakridge, Or. Pretty nice cask English style ales and plenty of camping areas close by.

3. PaulStoneAnchor

PaulStoneAnchor Initiate (0) May 30, 2009 California

Rogue Distillery in Newport, OR
    Pelican Brewing, Pacific City, OR(Definitely worth the trip!)
    Twist Wines, Pacific City, OR(Not a brewery, but really great wines!; and 3-4 Russian River taps as well!)

4. esv

esv Initiate (0) May 26, 2005 Virginia

Thanks. Was thinking about the Distillery. I've been really suprised by a lot of reviews of Rogue's Public Houses and brew-tours. Lots of negative comments. Can anyone speak directly to Rogue Pubs/Breweries and/or tours?

5. muchloveforhops3

muchloveforhops3 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,003) Apr 5, 2009 Montana
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Bill's Tavern and Brewhouse in Cannon Beach is worth a stop, that is if you end up going that far north on 101...

6. mudbug

mudbug Pooh-Bah (1,738) Mar 27, 2009 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society

Bier One in Newport on Hwy1 in the Decco District has quality taps and great prices (usually $3/pint)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.