Austin recommendations?

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by adamholl, Feb 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamholl

adamholl Devotee (321) Sep 5, 2009 New York

Hey all - I am heading to Austin in a couple weeks and hoping for some good pointers in terms of specific beers, breweries, shops, restaurants, etc. Sadly I'm there mid-week so won't be able to make it to Jester King, but will certainly keep my eyes peeled for bottles, etc. As a NYer, there is bound to be a ton (both TX and otherwise) that I can't get at home - anyone have any favorites? Whether "anything from x brewery," or anything specific? I am always very much into funky stuff, sours, wild yeast, farmhouse ales, etc., but very happy with anything well made, interesting, and/or different.

Many thanks for any and all advice!

2. aschwab

aschwab Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2009 Texas

Go to WhichCraft. Talk to them. They will help you locate bottles.

As far as going to JK, search this group for people visiting Austin. That question has been answered numerous times. And you may be able to get to JK.

Midweek brewery visits? Hops and Grain is open Wednesdays from 2-10. Adelbert's as well from 5-8(?). Pinthouse Pizza is a must hit and a brewery. That should start you off until you search for the other topics on this.

nsheehan likes this.
  3. ranger7

ranger7 Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2011 Texas

As far as restaurants go, I went to Black Star a few weeks back and was pleased with their Epsilon and Recalcitrant Dockhand offerings. Their fish and chips were great too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.