Trillium Brewing Company - February 2015

Discussion in 'New England' started by MattOC, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Resuin

Resuin Pooh-Bah (2,847) Jun 18, 2012 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Ohh fun, here are my top 5 IPA/PA's from trillium:

1. DDH Congress Street
    2. DDH Fort Point
    3. Heavy Mettle
    4. DDH Sleeper St
    5. Galaxy DH Fort Point

Ken_P and skinny_mcginley like this.
  2. Shaymus

Shaymus Initiate (0) May 16, 2009 Massachusetts

[​IMG]

very nice

Ken_P likes this.
  3. NateShady

NateShady Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2013 Indiana
    Trader

1. Galaxy Fort Point
    2. DDH Congress Street
    3. DDH Melcher Street
    4. Heavy Mettle
    5. Mosaic Fort Point

awdturboiv and skinny_mcginley like this.
  4. MattOC

MattOC Pooh-Bah (2,100) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Trader

5. standardcherry

standardcherry Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2011 Massachusetts

And I was the first one to get shut out...

6. GiantCogs

GiantCogs Initiate (0) Oct 25, 2012 Massachusetts

I'm busting this pale ale bubble.

1. Vicinity
    2. Stonington
    3. Congress Street
    4. Wakerobin
    5. DDH Fort Point

7. BearsOnAcid

BearsOnAcid Pooh-Bah (2,215) Mar 17, 2009 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

Just finished a bottle of Old Soul. The blond barley wine style (is that even a thing?) is something I don't see very much of so I didn't really know what to expect. I'd recommend drinking this with a slight chill. All the honey, vanilla, and marshmallow flavors come pouring out into something really interesting and delicious.

JCTetreault likes this.
  8. chipawayboy

chipawayboy Pooh-Bah (1,977) Oct 26, 2007 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

F'n incredible.

[​IMG]

9. sourdog

sourdog Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2014 California
    Trader

West Coast hop head here. Last minute work trip to Boston and fortunately was able to get to Trillium during their opening hours tonight for the first time and picked up a few bottles. I've now finished the DDH Sleeper, Galaxy FP and Melcher. Um, WOW. You guys are sitting on a gold mine of flipping amazing IPAs. The color, lacing, head retention, aromatics, flavor and finish of every beer I've had tonight was spot on. Kudos, Trillium!

10. mattosgood

mattosgood Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2014 Massachusetts

Heading in for the first time tomorrow for opening. Any parking, lunch, overall recommendations from the usual crew? It'll be my wife, our daughter, and I.

Is there no tastings? If not, let's hear it: best IPA with which to fill my growler (I've had fort point many times)? What about bottles? What's absolutely pouring the best right now?

I'm crossing my fingers the barleywine lasts and maybe we get another dark beer, too. That coffee stout sounded great.

11. mschofield

mschofield Pooh-Bah (1,847) Oct 16, 2002 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

I really liked Sunshower, they should put out a winter version Snowshower

12. MattOC

MattOC Pooh-Bah (2,100) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Trader

1. For parking, I always try Boston Wharf Road, perpendicular to Congress, and try for a metered space. I haven't been down since the weekend so I'm not sure how that road is looking post storm - probably not good. Some other parking ideas here from Trillium: http://www.trilliumbrewing.com/wordpress_blog/getting-to-trillium/

2. For lunch, can't go wrong with Row 34 adjacent to Trillium. Usually have at least 1 or 2 Trillium beers on tap.

3. No tastings. For bottles and fills right now, outside of FPPA (my favorite), I'd definitely grab fills and or bottles of:

-Congress Street IPA (IMO this batch is otherworldly). It's on for fills and bottles. I'd get one of each.
    -DDH Sleeper Street (bottles) - I'd grab this as well. Loved the bottle I had over the weekend.
    -Old Soul (new, barleywine) - know you're a BW fan so worth a pickup. I have not had it yet.
    -PM Dawn (bottles)
    -Broken Angel (bottles)
    -Melcher Street (growlers and bottles)

*Really can't go wrong with any of the pales/ipas available right now.

One final note: be prepared for sort of a rush at opening. The Fort Point crowd tends to hit Trillium during lunch/opening hour so it could be busy initially, but should peter out. Will be slower if going for only growlers or bottles and growlers, but bottles only you should be in and out.

Good luck and enjoy.

mattosgood likes this.
  13. Hophead717

Hophead717 Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2011 Massachusetts

This batch of Congress St is delicious, so that's an easy call for the growler. Galaxy bottles are also super tasty. Enjoy your trip!

14. wehaveamap

wehaveamap Pundit (783) Jan 16, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

1. Sleeper Street
    2. Vicinity
    3. Fort Point Pale Ale
    4. Wild Trillium
    5. DDH Melcher Street

I hope A Street makes a comeback. Only had a pint of it the first time around but it was awesome.

15. ommegoodness

ommegoodness Initiate (0) Apr 21, 2010 Massachusetts

1. Vicinity
    2. DDH Melcher
    3. DDH Congress
    4. Galaxy FPPA
    5. Melcher

But if I could just have $12 16 oz 4 pks of plain ole FPPA on a regular basis, I wouldn't need to drink anything else. Except maybe coffee and, fine, water.

Ken_P and jlordi12 like this.
  16. Justin42

Justin42 Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

If you're looking for other stuff besides Trillium as well, Fort Point Market is literally next door to Trillium and has a solid selection. About a block or so away is Bee's Knees (next to Flour, which is also worth a stop in if you like pastries; a good lunch option too if you want something more casual). Bee's Knees has a great import selection and their sour selection is also really solid; have picked up a number of 3F bottles there.

17. Justin42

Justin42 Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Really hope that happens with the expansion; my ideal scenario as well. I'd also add ~$14-15 four packs (pint cans of course!) of one of the DIPAs...

18. MVP09

MVP09 Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2012 Massachusetts

I use Summer St. Its meter parking, so bring quarters. Its less than a 1/4 to 1/8 mile walk. You can use the staircase on A St and walk down the back alley that Trillium is connected to. This is all dependent of snow removal. I was down their a couple weeks ago only 1 side of Summer was plowed but still enough spots. The alley had a foot path made by Trillium patrons. In and out with in 30-40min.

Heavy Mettle
    Mettle
    Fort Point
    Big Sprang
    FB-90 (classic DIPA plus it made it to stores outside typical distribution!)

woodfinish likes this.
  19. Kanger

Kanger Initiate (0) Sep 3, 2013 New York

Visiting Trillium for the first time next month during EBF. Never had their beer before.

I definitely need to try the beers you guys are posting as favs!

20. seanwhite

seanwhite Initiate (0) Jan 31, 2008 Massachusetts

I think Snow Shit Show would be more appropriate for this winter, or Snow Forever, Snow LOL

mschofield likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.