People buying 10+ of the same beer.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by SackBlabbath, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SackBlabbath

SackBlabbath Initiate (0) Nov 28, 2014 Kentucky

I sell popcorn at minor league womens basketball games, i make about 75 bucks a month.

2. SackBlabbath

I will be taking my 70 year old father with me at the butt crack of dawn whenever KBS comes in so i can get 2 four packs... so maybe i'm just as guilty as anyone. But atleast 6 of those will probably be shared with friends/deserving patrons at shenanigans.

3. semibaked

semibaked Pooh-Bah (1,897) Mar 27, 2007 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Deactivated

Touche sir, lol

SackBlabbath likes this.
  4. SierraJosh

SierraJosh Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2013 California

I have purchased cases of Pliny, Damnation, and Pig and have never felt bad about it.

DoubleJ, Leinie, yemenmocha and 3 others like this.
  5. SackBlabbath

From a store, or the brewery?

6. BrettHead

BrettHead Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2010 Nebraska

Dear lord. I'm not even going to touch this. I'll leave it to other BA's, but yes you are guilty especially because KBS is ho-hum. Also, life isn't fair, so this whole "taking away opportunity to buy" crap is just hippie BS to me.

3F OG 4 Lyfe.

If I buy 10+ of something it is to drink it. I ain't a trader.

7. SierraJosh

got any left for trade?

8. SierraJosh

option 2

9. Sesmu

Sesmu Zealot (744) Feb 28, 2007 Massachusetts

I don't follow your logic. If the beer is on sale - it's ok to buy the entire stock. But if it's at full/regular price - it is not anymore?

10. semibaked

semibaked Pooh-Bah (1,897) Mar 27, 2007 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Deactivated

Drank em/shared em all, wish I had a few left though, haha.

drtth and SierraJosh like this.
  11. BrettHead

BrettHead Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2010 Nebraska

Your first mistake was thinking he was using logic :wink:

beerindex, Billydoughnuts and Gemini6 like this.
  12. SierraJosh

It's really up to the store/brewery, i never complain about limits (or lack thereof) and would venture to say most BAs who are purchasing multiplies will share, ship, hook up folks who will appreciate the beer.

#32 SierraJosh, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    miggs3030 likes this.
  13. Sneers

Sneers Initiate (0) Dec 27, 2009 Pennsylvania

I get it; the love just doesn't get spread. And I understand the frustration if folks are buying rare things up just for trade bait, but how often do we really know that's what's happening?

But I dunno… maybe they really fucking love it. Maybe they have a lot of plans coming up and want to share it with everyone they see. I don't see why it's necessarily their obligation that strangers get to try it instead of people whose company they enjoy.

BrettHead likes this.
  14. SackBlabbath

I still think buying 14 bottles is hella excessive, but if you're getting them at a good price it atleast gives you a little ground to stand on. Still , a dick move, because someone else could have gotten a good deal on it.

Geuzedad likes this.
  15. drtth

drtth Initiate (0) Nov 25, 2007 Pennsylvania
    In Memoriam

And what if I have no choice but to buy a whole case at a time?

16. SackBlabbath

... if you're referring to 3 floyds that's really funny because they're probably one of my least favorite breweries now that i've seen through their bullshit. And i agree KBS is not the best beer ever concieved by any means, but i do have friends who are not fortunate enough to try it, as well as enjoying it as a rare treat.

Edit* you really come off as an ass hat in every post i've seen you make so far, and i haven't been at these forums for long, pleasure to meet you bro.

17. floridadrift

floridadrift Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2014 Florida

Oink oink

Wait for Total Wine special releases then. They're good about 1 bottle each; too good.

Most of the dudes that buy cases, really, really like that beer and you can't blame them. I see it as a whole, the brewery puts out thousands of cases and they got one. Whoop-dee do. Its their money and you were too slow to get there, these are the facts. Gotta make time, its like anything else, it has to mean something to you, nowadays, really mean something to you, too, because there's a lot of people in line for the same thing.

SackBlabbath likes this.
  18. Bicyclist

Bicyclist Initiate (0) Apr 12, 2013 Tennessee

Its beer..they will brew more of it...

19. Providence

Providence Pooh-Bah (2,628) Feb 24, 2010 Rhode Island
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

If you're walking out of the store explaining to yourself why it's totally cool that you bought so many bottles, then you bought too many bottles.

20. loafinaround

loafinaround Initiate (0) Jul 16, 2011 New York

my friend and I routinely share our awesome finds with each other. if I get 2 of a rare beer, he gets 1... every time.

so yeah, those people DO exist. you need to find nicer people to hang with :slight_smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.