Brewvival 2015?

Discussion in 'South Atlantic' started by ocl1536, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Circleo12

Circleo12 Maven (1,422) Nov 12, 2012 South Carolina
    Trader

The weather may just work out for you guys, afterall. As long as it isn't like Mudgeddon '13, all will be ok.

2. GatorBeer

GatorBeer Initiate (0) Feb 2, 2010 South Carolina

Pardon if this is a common question but how does everyone get to and from? Would I be able to leave a car at COAST/nearby overnight and pick it up Sunday morning?

3. NoMoreBeerBelly

NoMoreBeerBelly Pundit (813) Dec 2, 2009 North Carolina

We always take a shuttle/car service or cab so I can't help on the parking thing.

4. zac16125

zac16125 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,358) Jan 26, 2010 South Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I was wondering the same thing. If its acceptable (and safe) to leave a car parked on premise overnight. Maybe @coast can chime in? Not like they have anything better to do with just a couple days before their beer fest.

5. AintNoTele

AintNoTele Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2014 South Carolina

It's a pretty safe area, kind of secluded but I would have no problem leaving my car there. You would think that it would be ok to leave a car there overnight, I don't think they want anyone driving if they are not able to...

6. coast

coast Devotee (334) Mar 9, 2006 South Carolina

Your best option would be getting dropped off and picked up. There are always a few cars left overnight but of course that's on you if you do. We've never had problems, but you never know.

gothedistance and jshusc like this.
  7. james582

james582 Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2013 South Carolina

@coast is there going to be any suprise breweries this year like cigar city last year?

8. NoMoreBeerBelly

It won't be a surprise if they tell you!

The surprises are breweries are usually not licensed to distribute in SC so I don't "think" they can advertise them. Cigar City, Funky Buddha, Wicked Weed, etc have all been there before but never advertised/listed. Cigar City has been there the past two years so....

karamchandani likes this.
  9. james582

james582 Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2013 South Carolina

Yes but all those breweries in the past have said in the brewvival thread if there coming.

10. NoMoreBeerBelly

Cigar City did via @gunhaver but he hasn't posted in months. Nothing was ever mentioned about Wicked Weed, 7venth Sun, etc. @funkybuddha was in Charleston last weekend (via their twitter) so take that with a grain of salt but at least sounds promising.

11. funkybuddha

funkybuddha Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2007 Florida

we won't be making this year's festival. hopefully next year as it definitely is one of the better ones out there!

12. NoMoreBeerBelly

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You drove all the was to CHS and didn't drop off some kegs?!?!?

flipdog0 likes this.
  13. funkybuddha

flew there or we would have definitely dropped off a few

14. NoMoreBeerBelly

Southwest has a new rule that your first 5 sixtels fly free!

15. funkybuddha

Unfortunately I flew AA where for the price of only $25 they will send your luggage the day after you arrive!

16. zac16125

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Just wanted to be the first to say that Brewvival 2015 was awesome.

17. Circleo12

Circleo12 Maven (1,422) Nov 12, 2012 South Carolina
    Trader

Any of you guys try anything from Carolina Bauernhaus Ales, while in there? Friend of mine's soon-to-be opened brewery in Anderson, SC. Farmhouse Ale extraordinaire.

I watched a bit of the video feed, while in Asheville, picking up Catawba's PB&J Time release cans and missing out on buying Wicked Weed's Red Angel.

18. GatorBeer

GatorBeer Initiate (0) Feb 2, 2010 South Carolina

I was very excited to try Carolina Bauernhaus beers and they were a serious serious disappointment. The sour brown was very average and the galaxy rye Belgian was terrible. A serious disappointment.

The festival overall was mediocre. Fonta Flora was the lone brewery that brought tasty and innovative stuff that lasted throughout the festival. For $80, I wontbe going again.

19. Bschneider

Bschneider Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2010 South Carolina

This was a great event- first time attending and I can't wait for next year!

While I think Brewvival was much better than mediocre, I'll echo GatorBeer's comments about Fonta Flora- I knew nothing about them going in but really enjoyed everything they offered. They were a revelation- I will actively seek out their beer going forward.

Cheers to everyone involved!

20. zac16125

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I strongly disagree with that. I thought nearly every brewery tried to put their best foot forward and there was tons of amazing stuff that you can't get anywhere; vintages, offs, barrel aged rarities, casks.

$80 is expensive, but it was definitely worth it in my opinion. And that cost keeps the numbers down, which is a huge plus. I didn't feel it was overcrowded at all, which is impressive for a beer festival these days. I loved it, looking forward to next years already!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.