New To Boston

Discussion in 'New England' started by Jacurdy60, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacurdy60

Jacurdy60 Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2013 Massachusetts

I'm going to go to Trillium this Saturday probably. I'll definitely check out Night Shift and Row 34. Thanks for the suggestions, you guys.

WesFoxlove, Mullen2525 and robNSB like this.
  2. RKing44

RKing44 Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2012 Massachusetts

Row 34 has primo beers from coast to coast. Don't know what that corncob was talking about earlier. Quality eats, beers, cool vibe and locaish. The works, really. Full spread

cappy201, Jacurdy60 and kinopio like this.
  3. kinopio

kinopio Savant (1,013) Apr 30, 2009 Massachusetts

Agreed. He was wrong about Deep Ellum too. When you are in a situaish where you need a thousand primo cold ones and top shelf margs you can't beat Deep Ellum/Lone Star Taco Bar.

4. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Pooh-Bah (1,969) Mar 29, 2007 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

While Deep Ellum has increased beer prices in the last year (I blame Guy Fieri), Meadhall is laughably overpriced. And Hobo without a half-off coupon is almost always more expensive than Deep Ellum with similar tap lists.

5. dubdrop

dubdrop Savant (1,027) Aug 6, 2012 Vermont
    Trader

Can someone point me to these Lord Hobo coupons? I'd definitely go more often if I had these!

bruindre likes this.
  6. Jason

Jason Founder (0) Aug 23, 1996 Massachusetts

Yes ... thanks for the reminder.

Certainly looks interesting enough for a visit.

http://brewersfork.com/

7. Jacurdy60

I usually just enjoy heading down to the 'Bees and drinking some trunk liquor. This traffic has me so steamed though. Not used to it down South.

BillG2330 likes this.
  8. CoffeePorter

CoffeePorter Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2015 Massachusetts
    Deactivated

another really good craft beer shop is the Urban Grape. Two locations: one in Chesnut Hill and another in Boston's South End…they also have Trillium, call ahead of time to find out what they have in stock. http://theurbangrape.com

9. BearsOnAcid

BearsOnAcid Pooh-Bah (2,215) Mar 17, 2009 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

This can be true for many bars. I've been in Lord Hobo with nothing on but a pile of Stone, Green Flash, and Bear Republic IPAs. Publick house can be the same with other run-of-the-mill belgian stuff. I'll go to Row 34 and really find some off-beat beers that no one else is pouring. But like other bars the list can look ordinary some days. They also get a good amount of Cantillon and other rare lambic when shipments come in.

Jbrews likes this.
  10. Jacurdy60

Just went to the rosebud and had an FW Sucaba. Two weeks ago, I would've never dreamed of having this in Alabama. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

LakesideBrewing likes this.
  11. tillerybass

tillerybass Initiate (0) Jun 13, 2014 Massachusetts

What about Sunset Grill and Tap? Great cheap bar food and a huge tap list.

12. WunderLlama

WunderLlama Grand Pooh-Bah (4,486) Dec 27, 2010 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Row 34, yes
    Trillium, yes

Jacob wirths for an old style German bier hall in Boston

Head west and try Jacks Abby in Framingham. The home of lager beers

Head further west and go to Treehouse

13. bruindre

bruindre Maven (1,283) Jun 20, 2009 Massachusetts
    Trader

I didn't know about this either.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=coupon+Lord+Hobo

14. BearsOnAcid

Pooh-Bah Society

Those are probably really old/discontinued and it's illegal to use those for alcohol discounts in MA anyways. I don't think Lord Hobo is hurting in traffic so much that they need to use groupon now.

15. a74gent

a74gent Pundit (981) Mar 16, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

Re: Beer to go from Trillium...no parking! During the week..none...weekends in winter due to City of Boston lack of snow removal..even less.....Perhaps good in the summer on the weekends when they don't have a special release otherwise the operational and logical disaster that is their retail space makes it difficult. Find someplace else to get their beer..Craft Beer Cellar, Redstone, etc.

Mullen2525 likes this.
  16. WesFoxlove

WesFoxlove Initiate (0) Jun 12, 2013 Massachusetts

There's only one way to settle this, right?.... Let's all meet at Hobo and have one of every delicious beer on the tap list that day.

bruindre likes this.
  17. bruindre

bruindre Maven (1,283) Jun 20, 2009 Massachusetts
    Trader

I'd presume the discounts would be on non-alcoholic purchases. And from the food I've had at Hobo, I'm surely gonna order me some grub when I go to the Hobo.

You had me at "meet at Hobo".

18. Jbrews

Jbrews Pooh-Bah (1,800) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire
    Pooh-Bah Society

Crazy to think that if you mentioned that line up about 8 years ago it would seem off the charts! Amazing how time changes us!

19. BearsOnAcid

Pooh-Bah Society

8 years ago I wouldn't be referring to regular Cantillon as being rare either. Times have changed quite a bit.

20. bsend

bsend Initiate (0) Mar 7, 2009 Massachusetts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.