What beer are you drinking now? #876

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by KarmicSkrambl8, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwhoopedbatman

iwhoopedbatman Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2014 Maryland

So the results. This was not done blind, but I don't think it mattered.

Appearance:

1) Duvel
    2) Brooklyn Local 1
    3) La Chouffe

Duvel just looks crisp as hell and that carbonation is awesome to see. I don't really care about appearance, but it won.

Smell:

1) Duvel
    2) La Chouffe
    3) Brooklyn Local 1

All smell very good. Duvel has the strongest aroma, imo so it got the nod.

Taste:

1) La Chouffe
    2) Duvel
    3) Brooklyn Local 1

This is the only category I really care about, so it's about 90% of my ballot. Mouth feel and smell matter, but 5% only each. Appearance means nothing.

Mouth Feel

1) Duvel
    2) Brooklyn Local 1
    3) La Chouffe

This one is pretty close, but Duvel is the most drinkable of the three.

Overall

1) La Chouffe
    2) Duvel
    3) Brooklyn Local 1

I sincerely LOVE all three of these brews, and Duvel has long since become one of my 'always have in the fridge' brews, because there is just something about it that makes me crave it regularly, but La Chouffe is beyond delicious. Brooklyn Local 1 is also a tremendous beer of the style, but it was a little outgunned here.

2. MortalKombat14

MortalKombat14 Initiate (0) Oct 2, 2012 Michigan

Good Evening BA
    Doing a 2014 and 2015 Founders KBS Vertical
    [​IMG]
    Watching the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    Cheers All

3. bonercityUSA

bonercityUSA Initiate (0) Dec 30, 2013 Texas

Zombie Dust VS: Ninja vs. Unicorn:

[​IMG]

Flawless victory: ZD. It's painstaking work trying to ration these bad boys out.

Cheers!

4. beerjerk666

beerjerk666 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,081) Aug 22, 2010 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Rootscipio likes this.
  5. Beersnake

Beersnake Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,330) Aug 17, 2013 California
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

This is tasting amazing right now! Cheers!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. highdesertdrinker

highdesertdrinker Pooh-Bah (2,492) Nov 5, 2012 Arizona
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I actually remembered to use the large nonic pint glass for the pint can this time.:rolling_eyes:[​IMG]

VABA, superspak, shadwow13 and 20 others like this.
  7. striker2160

striker2160 Savant (1,160) May 5, 2013 Minnesota
    Trader

8. tappangordo

tappangordo Initiate (0) Apr 6, 2014 New York

[​IMG]

Enjoying this with tonight's Walking Dead.

9. kwakwhore

kwakwhore Maven (1,413) Nov 1, 2004 North Carolina
    Trader

Started with a Dorado, finishing with a Chillwave. I think the Chillwave wins.

10. gillagorilla

gillagorilla Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2013 Maryland

Sierra Nevada Hop Hunter reaches new territory, MD!

[​IMG]

B+ (4.06 vs. 4.08, the actual):
    I might say that this is my favorite IPA from SN now, but that is because it doesn't have that characteristic SN flavor.

Saving the good stuff for later tonight.

11. LemmyRamone

LemmyRamone Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2009 Alabama

Much respect for posting Nekrogoblikon!

JuliusPepperwood likes this.
  12. DrunkMcGruff

DrunkMcGruff Initiate (0) Apr 21, 2013 Michigan

Absolutely f'n incredible. CS have outdone themselves and upped the barrel aging game for all other breweries.
    [​IMG]

13. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Grand Pooh-Bah (3,248) Nov 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Trader

Going a little more tart with an Enigma. NG knows how to brew. Everything they do is solid+

[​IMG]

14. N17shelfside

N17shelfside Initiate (0) Jun 26, 2013 California

[​IMG]

Really enjoying this. Will take a few past 3.5 years now to see what happens.

15. superspak

superspak Grand High Pooh-Bah (10,336) May 5, 2010 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

NBS X-Post! Not much going on over here, probably going to be bottling my White IPA next weekend, and I have a Kolsch lined up for my next keg. Been getting kind of worn out drinking heavy beers lately, but I'll be switching it up soon. Here is today's new beers:

Good Session IPA. Very pleasant overall. Aromas and flavors of grapefruit, lemon zest, orange peel, pineapple, melon, berry, and pine with some light-moderate light caramel/toasted bread malt presence. Floral/grassy hop earthiness present as well. Light-moderate pine/grassy bitterness on the finish. Nice complexity of hop flavors, but not quite as vibrant and pronounced as I would have liked them. Good balance of bitterness with the lighter malt presence. Smooth, crisp, and lightly sticky mouthfeel and finish. Light-medium bodied, but not watery feeling. A fairly short finish, but not too dry overall. Overall very tasty and enjoyable, I got a 6 pack and will have no problem putting these down. Canned on 3/6/15.
    [​IMG]

Very nice Scottish ale. Aromas of raisin, plum, apple, caramel, toffee, toast, biscuit, brown sugar, nuttiness, light smoke and herbal hops. Good complexity of yeast and malt flavors, but the fruitiness is a bit over to top. Taste was much more balanced. Caramel, toast, biscuit, toffee, brown sugar, plum, apple, light nuttiness/smoke and light herbal hops. A minimal earthy hop bitterness present on the finish. Very nice malt complexity with restrained yeast fruitiness; zero cloying sweetness. Very smooth drinking with a moderately creamy mouthfeel; light-moderate carbonation. Really enjoyed this one. Nice malt complexity and yeast character(fruit/smoke), that does not overwhelm in the flavors.
    [​IMG]

Great milk stout! Big aromas with dark roasted coffee, dark chocolate, cocoa, caramel, toffee, toasted oats, vanilla, cream, and light smoke/char. Taste follows suit with the aromas. Some light-moderate roast/coffee bitterness on the finish. Very robust and balanced malt and coffee flavors; with a great bitter/sweet balance of roasted flavors. Very nice creamy mouthfeel; with some slight stickiness from the roast malts. Delicious with zero complaints.
    [​IMG]

Cheers!

16. iwhoopedbatman

iwhoopedbatman Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2014 Maryland

Now that the taste test is over, I'm going with a new beer for Sunday. Southern Tier Un-Earthly.

17. Alpha309

Alpha309 Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2014 California

18. bowzer4birdie

bowzer4birdie Grand Pooh-Bah (3,710) Aug 16, 2012 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah

From Pi Day Beer 2: 3F Permanent Funeral
    [​IMG]

19. Brolo75

Brolo75 Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2013 California
    Deactivated

20. gillagorilla

gillagorilla Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2013 Maryland

More Like Sub-par Tramp!

[​IMG]
    #proper

Overall (2.5): I wish this was a Brewhouse Rarity, but they probably got this from their previous Sour Cherry Ale that was a Brewhouse Rarity. A bad beer has now taken a seasonal spot. This'll probably make some great pancakes.

D- (2.11): There is nothing to say about this one. Pass on it or use it to cook with. Sorry not sorry. Darn bad/mediocre local beers, which seem to be the norm around here.

You gotta love it when your review changes the rating # of the beer. It went from 76 to 75 upon my review.

Found the perfect clip for this:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.