Mug & Jug Berkeley KBS price gouging

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by moshea, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moshea

moshea Initiate (0) Jul 16, 2007 Michigan

Has anyone been to Mug and Jug for KBS. They were steep at $7.50 a bottle last year. $15.00 this year.

I have been an occasional customer there for over a decade. The son is taking over from the dad and he just lost at least another decade of me shopping there several times a year for his short sighted greed

#1 moshea, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    apendecto and docoman like this.
  2. chicagoTC

chicagoTC Crusader (458) May 23, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

Never heard of this place as I don't live in MI, but $15 for a single bottle of KBS?!?! No words...

3. fishmich

fishmich Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2013 Michigan

tell Founders about it.

Gemini6, ojgio, docoman and 1 other person like this.
  4. docoman

docoman Initiate (0) Nov 21, 2014 Michigan

Similar pricing at another store in that area, Paradise Liquor in Ferndale... pricing on their normal beers is fair, example Blushing Monk @ $15.99, but they wanted $15 for single of KBS today, sorry love the beer, but that's just pure and simple price gouge, passed on their KBS single as already have some lined up at much lower price.

5. jb123

jb123 Initiate (0) Dec 3, 2012 Michigan

I hate paradise. 300$ for lot b this year. No offense but gouging seems like a culture thing....

Jas45678 likes this.
  6. jb123

Wilder road party store in bay city was 9.29$ a bottle limit 2, that's stupid. Everywhere else about 6$ a bottle maybe a bit over that.

Gemini6 likes this.
  7. BRZvice

BRZvice Initiate (0) Apr 7, 2012 Michigan

Euclid party store or Wilder ? I stopped in Euclid this afternoon and the guy said he was sold out. I called Wilder (Traxler's) and they said they have some and it is priced at 9.29 a bottle. I passed!

8. docoman

docoman Initiate (0) Nov 21, 2014 Michigan

If you are willing to stand in line, you can get 2 bottle limit for $5.50/bottle @ Holiday Beer Market in Royal Oak tomorrow after 6:00 pm, posted on their FB page.

9. jb123

Wilder what a joke

10. VinceJ85

VinceJ85 Initiate (0) Oct 6, 2012 Michigan

Hey everyone,

This is Vinnie from mug n jug. First of all, I don't appreciate the false accusation that I am selling KBS for $15 a bottle. I don't even have the shipment yet. Moshea, I'm very disappointed in you.

Cheers everyone!

11. moshea

I know what you told me Vinnie.

Vinnie. I'm equally disappointed in you. Perhaps more so.

Cheers everyone!

steebo777 likes this.
  12. VinceJ85

I specially said that I am not sure what the price is yet. I was ball parking it. You got upset very quickly and stormed out. I'm sorry for the argument, but you can't expect every store to have the same price. I understand your frustration and it wasn't my intent to upset you. I apologize. I will save you a bottle at a reasonable price once I get the product in and an invoice in front of me.

Cheers!

13. moshea

Responding privately.

14. Bay01

Bay01 Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2008 Illinois

OP, you realize you don't HAVE to buy KBS from this store, or at all right? There are lots of things I don't buy because I can't afford them, and I almost never whine on the internet about it.

VinceJ85 and Hrodebert like this.
  15. anth_oh_knee

anth_oh_knee Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2015 Minnesota

In moshea's defense, a $15 ballpark is enough to make anybody spew hot coffee out of their nose lol.

steebo777 and JohnB87 like this.
  16. VinceJ85

I said 10-15 and that I wasn't sure yet.

17. moshea

OK, I was going to be private and beermail you this but here you go, I asked twice, you answered 15 bucks each time. I asked why when you were at $7.50 last year. You responded that was your fathers pricing and you were there now. You then said KBS was special

Lots of gougers out there Vinnie you ain't the first and you won't be the last.

Good luck young man.

Fargrow likes this.
  18. VinceJ85

Well that's not the price. Sorry you misunderstood me.

Thanks a lot.

19. moshea

You spoke very clearly, I understood you very well. I am glad to hear you lowered your price. 10 is still steep but 15 is outrageous

hilgart1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.