Backwoods Bastard

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by mlockman, Apr 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlockman

mlockman Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2015 Indiana

Where can I find Backwoods Bastard this long after the initial release?

2. danielocean03

danielocean03 Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2005 Indiana

Where are you located in Indiana? Some of the larger bottle shops on the north side of Indy might still have some lying around.

3. danielocean03

danielocean03 Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2005 Indiana

Don't quote me on that though, but I've been surprised more than a few times.

4. vette-ss

vette-ss Zealot (673) Nov 5, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

Where are you in IN? I drive through occasionally and overbought this year.....

mlockman likes this.
  5. Chris_H_2

Chris_H_2 Pundit (995) Jan 3, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Same. I have a case in my cellar. How close to Illinois are you, and how much are you looking for?

mlockman likes this.
  6. mlockman

I'm greater-Lafayette area; anybody drive past on I-65 or have any suggestions on where to call around Indy?

only lookin' for 2-4 bottles

7. FaradayUncaged

FaradayUncaged Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2014 Michigan

Hopefully you can find some. I'd be surprised it's still on shelves somewhere, but that's based on how fast everything flies off the not-even-on-the-shelves-yet here.

Worst case, there are definitely people on here (myself included) that have plenty to go around/setup a trade.

8. Sparty93

Sparty93 Devotee (375) Aug 29, 2013 Michigan

I'm in south-central MI, and I can think of a bottle shop or two that still had some as of a couple weeks ago. Wasn't cheap though - $7-8 a bottle.

Gemini6 likes this.
  9. mlockman

yikes, that's on par with what KBS was around here...sounds increasingly like a trade is gonna be the way to go unless there is some hidden gem of a bottle shop and I get lucky (both of which are unlikely)

I imagine a fair number of people are passing through where I'm at en route to Dark Lord Day, and I have some limited-distribution/release stuff I overbought and been looking to trade anyhow...not sure why, but I'm wary of shipping

10. ojgio

ojgio Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2014 Michigan

Check Beermenus.com

SeanBond likes this.
  11. mlockman

it seems a lot of the places BeerMenus.com haven't been updated and are sold out or are just a bit too far...unfortunately the places around here aren't even listed for things I know for a fact they have

12. ojgio

ojgio Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2014 Michigan

Yeah it's not foolproof but it's better than nothing.

SeanBond and mlockman like this.
  13. Mattmc1973

Mattmc1973 Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2008 Michigan

I bought a bunch at Founders about a month ago. Not sure if they still have it.

14. Alphateam

Alphateam Initiate (0) Mar 5, 2013 Michigan

Founders is out.

15. Jho3325

Jho3325 Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2013 Indiana

My cellar is too full and I need to drink it down. I have 3 bottles of BB left. I would be happy to give them to you. If you are going to be on the north side of Indy any time soon, then let me know. I will be in Lafayette for work on April 27 (assuming I am not still hung over from DLD) and could arrange a drop then.

16. vette-ss

vette-ss Zealot (673) Nov 5, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

Thumbs up for great beer advocacy here.

17. HopSavant

HopSavant Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2014 Tennessee

Awesome gesture!

Gemini6 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.