Looking to catch a Red Sox game? Try the roof deck at Jerry Remy's.

Discussion in 'New England' started by Todd, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd Founder (13,254) Aug 23, 1996 Finland
    Staff Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Gary Dzen (who's also a rotating BA mag contributor) reports on Boston.com that the roof deck at Jerry Remy's near Fenway Park might be a "good option for craft beer and Red Sox fans" ...
    Full-story: http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/food/blogs/99bottles/2012/07/jerry_remys_roof_deck_a_good_o.html

While it's yet another corporate chain restaurant for the masses, I agree with Gary later in the article that the line-up is certainly no beer mecca, but that being able to peek at a game (or at least feel like you're there) with a Racer 5 in hand is pretty cool.

Description of the roof deck from the Jerry Remy's website ...
    Has anyone been? Can you actually see a game?

2. BearsOnAcid

BearsOnAcid Pooh-Bah (2,215) Mar 17, 2009 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

Sounds nice. But that first article makes it seem like the roof deck actually looks onto the field. All you see is the side of fenway. I like going to the one in seaport to watch a game. The beer selection has something for everyone.

3. cbeer88

cbeer88 Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2007 Massachusetts

I've been a couple of times. You definitely cannot see the field. You can see the side of the stadium, but that novelty wears off quickly. That said, it is one of the nicer roofdecks in Boston, so it's kind of cool.

Beer selection is fine - it won't blow you away, but Bear Republic, Hennepin, Cisco, etc - it's enough to be enjoyable. A little expensive - you'll definitely do better elsewhere for prices, even in Fenway.

Roof deck food is kind of crappy and limited - I've shared most of the appetizers with people, and nothing was close to memorable. Full menu inside is better.

Bottom line - really good place to go pre-game with a casual beer drinking crowd, or if you're just looking to change up the routine. For the hardcore beer geeks, go to Yard House, Beer Works, or Lower Depths instead.

One last thing - while not everybody can make reservations, Remy's does have a "season pass" that they sell to people, which allows them to make reservations for any game. People do, as you'd expect, make frequent use of this on the roof deck in the summer. So standard Fenway rules very much apply - if you want a seat, get there early. (Or after the game starts)

4. somenerd

somenerd Initiate (0) Jan 16, 2009 Massachusetts

I definitely agree with the previous posters- If you get RF Roof seats at Fenway, you can overlook Jerry Remy's. It just doesn't work the other way. Nice to hear they've got better brew selection than Fenway (and probably better prices), at least.
    Edit: Just read Remy's provided description and LOL'ed at the fact they say we'll be "in awe" of a view OF A WALL. Come on, guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.