What is your favorite guilty pleasure with beer?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by scottbrew4u, May 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mudbug

mudbug Pooh-Bah (1,738) Mar 27, 2009 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society

My own smoked salmon and fresh ikura along with what Sixpoint said and a nice Wild Ale.

DiUr, needMIbeer and scottbrew4u like this.
  2. SCW

SCW Initiate (0) Jul 25, 2004 New York

I gotta get some of that homemade @mudbug smoked Chinook salmon with a Chinook IPA!

skunkpuddle and lambpasty like this.
  3. lambpasty

lambpasty Initiate (0) May 3, 2013 New Hampshire

Often a cigar and music; if I'm 6-7+ beers deep though and at the point where forming sentences seems dumb, then it's Oreos. I don't know why, but I can't stop eating them until they are gone if I'm drunk.

scottbrew4u and gatheredwaters like this.
  4. scottbrew4u

scottbrew4u Initiate (0) Feb 2, 2005 Pennsylvania

5. guinness77

guinness77 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,480) Jan 6, 2014 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society

Haha, good point. I barely go out anymore either. I have 2 kids and, 95% of the time, I have better beer than wherever I'm going.

6. RBCORCORAN

RBCORCORAN Initiate (0) May 18, 2009 Massachusetts
    Deactivated

Al's roast beef.

7. RBCORCORAN

RBCORCORAN Initiate (0) May 18, 2009 Massachusetts
    Deactivated

Cheese and crackers , popcorn , pretzels , or fries chicken wings.

8. LMT

LMT Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2009 Virginia

Wasting a couple of hours playing Civilization V.

9. drunkenmess

drunkenmess Pooh-Bah (2,668) Mar 27, 2015 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

10. needMIbeer

needMIbeer Pooh-Bah (2,178) Feb 5, 2014 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Trader

I can think of a number of things.. pizza, fried foods, cigarettes, spending money and the occasional shot.

11. bobhits

bobhits Maven (1,474) Oct 31, 2006 Kentucky

If i crack a 3rd beer in a given night, there is a 75% chance a pizza will be getting delivered shortly. I swear, I'm debating stopping drinking during the week just to cut back on pizza. I'll feel in my mind to be of sound mind and body and suddenly I've gone online and ordered pizza and then of course I have to open another darn beer to go with it!

12. polloenfuego

polloenfuego Pooh-Bah (2,322) Jan 26, 2013 Canada (NB)
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Civilization Divorce V as my wife calls it. Banned here, but I totally agree.

13. scottbrew4u

Pizza night = Beer night

14. eatabagofbooger

eatabagofbooger Initiate (0) Mar 27, 2009 Oregon

Video games, for sure. I used to love 'em as a kid, but now I get bored by them pretty quick. The exception is when I get a bit of a buzz going. To me, video games and beer are a perfect combo. Lately I've been playing Diablo 3 and Mass Effect.

15. JouerAvecLeFeu

JouerAvecLeFeu Pooh-Bah (1,946) Apr 17, 2015 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society

Young's Double Chocolate Stout + Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

16. Urk1127

Urk1127 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,728) Jul 2, 2014 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

watching the Giants lose :grinning:. Bonfires. I eat too much junk when I drink a lot though. But my favorite of all is to sit on my back deck at night with the lights off and sit in the dark with a beer and play my music or opie and Anthony's radio shows.

17. rightcoast7

rightcoast7 Maven (1,294) Apr 2, 2011 Maine
    Trader

I'm a big fan of drinking several beers, crushing a bag or two of pork rinds, and lighting shit on fire while I smoke cigarettes, then go for a drive.

18. Scrapss

Scrapss Pooh-Bah (2,220) Nov 15, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Burning campfire, hell ya! Cigar, even better! Chicken wings, sure! Sometimes, hard sourdough pretzel nuggets get it.

But the one thing I like is cascadian ale and speck/smoked proscuitto with some kind of sharp cheese and a pickled pepper of some kind.. Sometimes I make a panini with these instead of just shoving it in my piehole and that is even better.

oh, and shower beers.

scottbrew4u and gatheredwaters like this.
  19. scottbrew4u

In the past, one of my favorite pairings with beer was gravy fries, especially from the famous Nectar's Bar in Burlington, VT!! Damn they were amazing!

Scrapss likes this.
  20. turbotype

turbotype Savant (1,023) Nov 5, 2013 California

Up until I finally put down the tobacco November of last year, it was imperial IPAs beside a campfire and a pack of Parliaments or Camel Lights. Yes, the whole pack.

Now its single IPAs or Belgians along with a fat juicy hamburger and a post burger vape :slight_smile:

scottbrew4u likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.