Sacramento area brews

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Tatuchris, Jun 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tatuchris

Tatuchris Initiate (0) May 31, 2013 South Carolina

Hello y'all, I'm from South Carolina and my sister n law is moving to Sacramento and I am curious of what good stuff is brewed there. I am looking to have her pick me up some excellent local brewed stuff from there but I have no idea what is from there can anybody help me out so I can send her on a hunt?

Cheers,
    Chris

2. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Pundit (998) May 13, 2014 California
    Trader

Bike Dog, Track 7, Oak Park, Knee Deep, Auburn Alehouse, New Helvitica, Yolo, New Glory, Mraz, Beryessa (Winters), Sudwerk (Davis)

There is a TON of good beer to be had in the Sacramento market. Most of it is very underrated IMO.

SanFranJake likes this.
  3. SanFranJake

SanFranJake Initiate (0) Nov 2, 2012 California
    Deactivated

If you LOVE hoppy, dank IPA's and DIPA's, look no further than Knee Deep. And Simtra, their TIPA, will knock you on yer ass!

Tatuchris likes this.
  4. David9

David9 Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2015 California

For non IPA --
    Knee Deep Tanilla (and Imperial Tanilla)
    Track 7 Nukin Futz its a chocolate peanut butter cream porter and IMO a top of 5 I've had all year..

Tatuchris likes this.
  5. Ynot2

Ynot2 Zealot (641) Jul 24, 2009 California
    Trader

Pliny the Elder bottles can be found in the Sacramento area, Mraz, Heretic, Bike Dog, Track 7, Knee Deep, Drakes, Berryessa crawlers, and many more.

MTA: Have them go to one of the better bottle shops like Final Gravity, Capital Taproom, or Davis Beer Shoppe and ask them for suggestions on what is available.

#5 Ynot2, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    mayorQuimby and Tatuchris like this.
  6. Mursone1

Mursone1 Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2014 California

(Sacramento) Jackrabbit Brewing
    (Roseville) Out of Bounds, Dragas Brewing, Monk's Cellar
    (Woodland) Black Dragon Brewing, Blue Note Brewing
    (West Sacramento) Rocco Liquors has Pliny bottles
    Just a few places in the area that I didn't see posted, cheers!

7. jakecattleco

jakecattleco Grand Pooh-Bah (3,625) Sep 3, 2008 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Glad to see Heretic getting some love, feel they get overlooked frequently.

Berryessa is canning so will be easier to share their stuff soon, but right now you still need to go to the brewery to get them.

mayorQuimby likes this.
  8. theconductor

theconductor Zealot (715) Nov 4, 2008 California

I'd be surprised to see Berryessa crowlers outside of the brewery, but I've been wrong many times before.

9. jakecattleco

jakecattleco Grand Pooh-Bah (3,625) Sep 3, 2008 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Hey man, don't kill the dream :wink:

theconductor likes this.
  10. KHotchkiss

KHotchkiss Aspirant (292) Oct 23, 2007 California

Device Brewing bottles their Integral IPA. Definitely worth picking up.

11. Tatuchris

Right on thanks to everyone for the info and this post especially glad you included the local bottle shops huge help!!

12. Tatuchris

Why do you not see anybody asking for these breweries like track7,bike dog and others in the trade forums? Is it cause they are new or just don't get the exposure that they should?

13. danscott

danscott Initiate (0) Jul 15, 2006 California

Bike Dog just started bottling.

Track7... I think it is likely a few factors... Exposure is certainly one of them, I think Knee Deep is probably the only local-ish brewery that has any sort of buzz outside of CA. After all, there are a shit ton of great breweries in the Carolinas, right? I guarantee, 99.9% of beer drinkers on the West Coast can't name a single one.

Mainly, other than a handful of super famous ones, what straight forward IPAs are being sought? Aren't 99% of trades sours, barrel-aged Imperial whatevers and big ass DIPAs and TIPAs? T7's best known beer is Panic IPA; It is a great beer, but people aren't looking for it because most people who want a NorCal IPA are looking for Pliny Pliny Pliny.

T7 just launched a barrel program, so I have a feeling that traders will start seeking them out more and that will give exposure to their regular beers.

14. mayorQuimby

mayorQuimby Zealot (633) Jun 5, 2009 Tennessee
    Trader

We personally loved Heretic when we lived in the bay area. They make stellar IPAs, the hazelnut porter is fantastic and every now and then you'd come across something barrel aged that would knock your socks off too.

SierraJosh likes this.
  15. nckmllr916q

nckmllr916q Initiate (0) Apr 30, 2013 California

16. porkinator

porkinator Initiate (0) Aug 26, 2009 California

Like danscott said, not a ton of sour or bourbon barrel aged beers coming out of our market here. Mraz Brewing is pumping out some amazing sours. Most IPA's on the trade forums are like Julius, which were not making out here.

Bike Dog Mosiac Pale... that's where its freaking at. OMG

17. reefer_bob

Trader

Sacramento Beer: No hype, just good beer.

I'm always sure to put these beers in as extras in my trades. Reception has always been very good!

A really good example is Sun King in Indianapolis. They're the same size as 3 Floyds, but has near 0 trade value. They make some really good beers, won lots of awards, excellent barrel stuff. No real hype.

rmdownward and danscott like this.
  18. Black_Rider

Black_Rider Pooh-Bah (1,945) Mar 26, 2013 California
    Pooh-Bah

bumping this in case there's anything new... any good beer stores or markets with good beer in Sacramento near the airport? also, anything i should look for that might be on shelves, that i wouldn't find in Southern Cal?

Thanks in advance

19. reefer_bob

Trader

The big local hype beer is Yojo and Yojo 2 (NE Style IPA) from Moonraker brewing up in Auburn. It's available around the Sac area. Other new beer that's been getting good reviews is the New Glory Cucumber Lemon Pilsner. Available in cans.

theconductor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.