Brussels for Zwanze Day 2015

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by AndyCarter, Jul 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyCarter

AndyCarter Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2012 California

I will be in Brussels for Cantillon Zwanze Day this year. I am coming from California, (also open to trades, have an IP ISO/FT open in the Belgium forum), but this thread specifically concerns help with Zwanze Day in Brussels. From what I gather, the beer will be tapped at Moeder Lambic on Saturday September 19. Last year, they used tokens that had to be bought ahead of time.

Am I missing anything? If I go to Moeder the Sunday prior, will I be able to get the tokens? Not sure if bottle shares are cool that night, but I will have a few things to share regardless. Thanks in advance!

2. AndyCarter

Moeder posted this today. Tickets on sale September 12 at each location for Zwanze 2015 poured at that location. Appears to be the same format as previous Zwanze (tickets for Zwanze 2015 pours, otherwise open to the public).

If anyone has info on how fast those tickets typically sell out, I would appreciate it.
    [​IMG]

3. astronautkoch

astronautkoch Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2014 Maine

Will also be in Brussels for Zwanze day. Landing early Saturday and hoping they still have tickets (a man can dream). Thought about driving out to Brugge if they're sold out, but that draft list will help drown my sorrows. If you end up finding any additional info on availability etc let me know! Won't be bringing anything with me but might have some westys for ya (if I win the phone lottery).

Cheers!

4. AndyCarter

I have heard conflicting reports, but it sounds like tickets last for most of the week. There are two Moeder Lambic locations: Saint Gilles and Fontainas. SG is the older, smaller location, and the Fontainas is bigger at has that specific tap list. Tickets are only good at the location you get them. I am planning on the Fontainas one, and will try to get tickets the Saturday, maybe the Sunday before, depends on when we get in to Brussels.

schuey1010 likes this.
  5. schuey1010

schuey1010 Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2009 California

Good info. Was looking for some help with this. I'm gonna shoot you a PM on this.

6. Fyb

Fyb Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2014 Sweden

Will also be in Brussels with some friends that weekend. Haven't decided yet whether we'll spend Zwanze at SG or F, I guess it depends a bit on which tickets we're able to get. Anyhow, we'll probably be splitting some bottles so just shout if anyone's interested in joining.

I don't have any rare Belgium beer to bring for a trade, but if you're interested in anything Swedish (brekeriet cassis, omnipollo YB, etc....) just let me know and I'll bring some along :slight_smile:

7. astronautkoch

My girlfriend and I would be down to split some bottles. And if anyone will be at cantillon earlier in the day we will need help drinking there too!

Cheers

Aaron

8. AndyCarter

Will be at Cantillon at least the Monday prior (14), and potentially the day of Zwanze. Not bringing much to share, but always willing to split bottles at Cantillon and bars.

9. mathieu87

mathieu87 Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2011 Belgium

Hi guys,
    to whoever is coming over for Zwanze Day: I can buy your tickets in advance to help you out! That way you don't have to worry about Moeder running out of tickets before tou arrivé :wink:
    It would be awesome if you could bring some local beers over to trade/share as well!
    As always, Zwanze will be an awesome Day :slight_smile:

LakesideBrewing, erbu, Fyb and 3 others like this.
  10. astronautkoch

Solid offer Mathieu! keep me posted!

11. PeterJ

PeterJ Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2012 California

I'm also flying in from California to Brussels. Is there an actual event on Zwanze day at the brewery?

12. AndyCarter

No event at the brewery per se; both Moeder Lambic locations will have it.

From what I gather, there are bottled of previous Zwanze at Cantillon for on site consumpion.

13. mathieu87

mathieu87 Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2011 Belgium

@PeterJ Not at the brewery, but at the two Moeder Lambic locations!

Contact me if you want some help with your tickets!

bartlebierle, PeterJ and apatrick17 like this.
  14. apatrick17

apatrick17 Initiate (0) Apr 24, 2011 Connecticut

My wife and I are flying into Brussels Thursday night and are also planning on going to Moeder Fontainais for Zwanze.
    I see that Zwanze 2015 gets tapped at 9pm, but what time during the afternoon is the ideal time to get to Moeder to not miss out on the other special beers being tapped?

We'll be spending some time at Cantillon Friday afternoon. Hopefully see some of you there!

15. LakesideBrewing

LakesideBrewing Zealot (580) Dec 1, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

16. GarageProject

GarageProject Initiate (0) Sep 8, 2012 New Zealand (Aotearoa)

Hi guys,

Pete & myself will be flying directly into Brussels from Wellington on Saturday. Plan is to try get to Moeder around 5pm. Happy to bring a few bottles up from New Zealand if anyone is interested. Photo of us both in this article, say hi if you're there on Saturday!

Cheers!

17. atpca

atpca Pooh-Bah (1,640) Jun 10, 2013 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Screw bottles, bring those guys some fresh hops! :slight_smile:

18. GarageProject

GarageProject Initiate (0) Sep 8, 2012 New Zealand (Aotearoa)

We're already hauling up some, happy to add more if Jean wants them, though think they prefer them a little aged.

bushycook likes this.
  19. jonesry09

jonesry09 Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2015 Minnesota

I'm coming in to town as well on Saturday. Won't be getting in until around 17:00, so I am not really sure on what my plans should be. Was hoping to make it over to Cantillon due to the fact that they aren't open on Sundays, but it looks like they don't let anyone in after 16:00. Is that correct?

Bringing the wife and a few friends too. So any advice on what to do would be awesome. We are driving in from Köln, which is where we all live. Came to Brussels last month and we all loved it. Did most of the touristy stuff but this time we are looking to just enjoy freely enjoy our time there.

20. koplamp

koplamp Initiate (0) Nov 27, 2014 Belgium

Will be there too, bought tickets on saturday. If anyone wants to set up an IP trade, feel free to send me a PM :slight_smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.