Bruery 2015 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by F2brewers, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kbenson

kbenson Zealot (667) Aug 15, 2012 Texas

Hello everyone. I'm a newly minted out-of-state RS member (well, starting in the New Year). I have someone I can use as a trustee, but he's not local and I have realized how expensive it is to "double ship" the beer to myself through him. Are there any RS or HS members out there who are local to the Bruery (and visit frequently) who might be willing to take on another out-of-towner as trustee?

Thanks!

2. Ruesta

Ruesta Initiate (0) Sep 2, 2015 Ohio

As a Dolphins fan, I am a fan of SHIT.

CaptainFleeker likes this.
  3. SHODriver

SHODriver Pooh-Bah (2,341) Aug 13, 2010 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society

The only time I did that was when people wanted to know how much people that got hoarder's invites spent.

4. mayorQuimby

mayorQuimby Zealot (633) Jun 5, 2009 Tennessee
    Trader

I added it up yesterday and realized my wife would have something big to old over my head if that information was ever discovered.

KevSal likes this.
  5. smithj2154

smithj2154 Initiate (0) Apr 10, 2013 California

All you guys talking about it and my curiosity took over. ugh is all I can say...

6. smithj2154

smithj2154 Initiate (0) Apr 10, 2013 California

And I hadn't made this months purchases yet!

7. Daniel_T

Daniel_T Aspirant (271) Feb 19, 2015 California

what am I? crazy? I'd rather not...

8. djmichaelk

djmichaelk Pundit (995) Jul 6, 2008 Florida

Looks like it's back up now (Mash, I mean).

9. pdmoore714

pdmoore714 Pundit (880) Dec 26, 2013 California
    Trader

If a Hoarder maxes out this month's allocations, and pays the remaining balance on the 2016 membership, it comes to
    $1406.23. Most expensive month ever?

BeerBaron666 likes this.
  10. JoshBeerNow

JoshBeerNow Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2014 California

I don't want to talk about it :slight_frown: If I pretend it never happened...it didn't...until my credit card company starts calling me.

11. Aztec_Chris

Aztec_Chris Crusader (421) May 7, 2015 California

Went by Texas Wine & Spirits today in Carlsbad. It's been awhile since they jack their prices up more than the other places around. Noticed they had a half dozen Society Exclusives for sale. Takes away a little from being a member when you see stores selling the exclusive beers.

12. TboneRN

TboneRN Initiate (0) Mar 30, 2014 Minnesota

Really? Which ones did they have? reserve society?

13. Aztec_Chris

Aztec_Chris Crusader (421) May 7, 2015 California

They had the Arbre series, Ride That Goat, Confession (not sure its exclusive), and Ukulele and a few others.

14. AndyCarter

AndyCarter Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2012 California

15. tokimedo

tokimedo Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2015 California
    Trader

yeah thats straight illegal, so it shouldnt take anything away from your membership haha.

16. HopsintheSack

HopsintheSack Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2012 California

They've been doing it for years now. Last time I was in there they had GM for $80 a bottle.

17. d3brewing

d3brewing Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2014 California

Not a fan of them reselling either but can anyone cite law that says this is illegal? Bruery has a license to sell it and Texas has a license to purchase and sell it.

18. dcbullet

dcbullet Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2013 California

Been that way there for years. It actually helped push me to join so I'm not sure it's all bad for The Bruery. I personally don't care and definitely don't mind when they have Cantillon for sale.

19. Xul

Xul Pooh-Bah (2,115) May 18, 2008 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Two potential issues:
    1) If the HS/RS membership is under an individual's name rather than the store's, that individual is illegally reselling alcohol.
    2) There's double taxation when a beer is purchased at retail and then re-sold at another retail. Not sure if this is a legal issue in and of itself but I'm pretty sure liquor stores are onky supposed to purchase stock via approved avenues, which membership in a brewery club is not.

20. TboneRN

TboneRN Initiate (0) Mar 30, 2014 Minnesota

There could also be state liquor laws (texas) they are breaking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.