Special beers from GABF in bars?

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by Buebie, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buebie

Buebie Initiate (0) Jan 11, 2007 Minnesota

Been doing a bunch of searching and creating lists for a Denver trip this coming weekend. One thing I cant find is a definite answer on special brewed for gabf beers available in bars in the Denver area. Is this even a thing? I was hoping maybe it is a thing and I'd be able to try some cool stuff that might, maybe, hopefully be around by Friday. Anyone know?

2. tylerstravis

tylerstravis Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2014 Colorado

There were a TON of special brews, but I don't know of any that are still around town on tap.

3. hawkbill721

hawkbill721 Initiate (0) May 19, 2010 Colorado

A few places have bells on tap still, world of beer had bourbon abominable and a few other things from their csa takeover. I don't think I've seen much else that I would consider out of the ordinary though.

Buebie likes this.
  4. Buebie

Ok, question answered thank you. Unrelated but how bad is construction headed north on 87 out of Denver? Google maps seems very concerned.

5. HookedOnWinter

HookedOnWinter Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2009 Colorado

Might be too late, but Colorado Plus is having a Colorado Gold Medal tapping on 10/24. I believe they're trying to get all Colorado medal winners on tap from 3pm on.

6. Buebie

Interesting... Not sure what time but we take off on the 24th, still potentially do able :slight_smile: Heading to Denver this Friday, Sunday Ft. Collins, Monday Estes Park - My shorts are gonna be tighter by this point so a mtb rental for sure, Wednesday Boulder, Friday back in Denver and unknown departure time on Sat.

7. Dan_K

Dan_K Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2013 Colorado
    Trader

If by 87 you mean I-25, it's not bad. I just drove it this past weekend. No real delays to speak of, at the moment. A lot of the construction is happening on weeknights after 8 PM I think.

Buebie likes this.
  8. purplewindex

purplewindex Devotee (353) Feb 9, 2014 Colorado

Backcountry pizza in Boulder had Boneyard hop venom still on as of Saturday night.

Buebie likes this.
  9. eawolff99

eawolff99 Pooh-Bah (2,236) May 10, 2010 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

No mas.

10. Denver_Beer_Guy

Denver_Beer_Guy Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2013 Colorado

I've got a fair amount of Green Bench kegs, Alpine stuff, and some other random specials/sours from Breakside, Bear Republic, Green Flash, RR, Ballast Point etc. but not sure if any will get on tap by the weekend. Might just be some Hoppin Frog and some of the Sierra Nevada specials we had - BA Narwahl, 2009 Bigfoot, BA Ovila Dubbel, Ovila Golden with Pomegranates, and Wolfinnany Wheatwine. All solid beers of course just not sure if that's what you're looking for. Also might have Prairie BOMB! and Standard on by then as well.

Domingo likes this.
  11. Buebie

Sounds like we need to check your place out, the wife loves sours and I do not. We enjoy a large spectrum of beer styles. Where can we find you?

12. darkfallberg

darkfallberg Initiate (0) Apr 26, 2015 Colorado

Star Bar had some very choice things on last time I was there, including Boneyard Notorious and Bell's Oarsman. I'd head there if you get the chance.

13. Denver_Beer_Guy

Denver_Beer_Guy Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2013 Colorado

We're at 26th and Larimer in RiNo. First Draft. Cheers!

Buebie likes this.
  14. beeeeeeeeeeeer

beeeeeeeeeeeer Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2010 Colorado

Hit Tap n Handle, Choice City and the Mayor when you're in Fort Collins. They still have some cool things on from GABF.

Buebie likes this.
  15. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Pooh-Bah (1,981) Aug 14, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

A little off topic but there is a cool bar in Loveland called Laurette. They have been getting some killer beers lately. They are tied to the Forge up in Fort Collins but for those in the area its a pretty good bar.

Dan_K likes this.
  16. otispdriftwood

otispdriftwood Initiate (0) Dec 9, 2011 Colorado

You would have had to be here the week after GABF to get a good selection of specially tapped beers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.