Founders Breakfast Stout 2015

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by mterry00, Oct 21, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karst32

Karst32 Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2015 Illinois

I love breakfast stout! This years tasted damn good to me.

2. Gemmell

Gemmell Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2014 Illinois

I just drank last years after losing it in the stash for a little longer than I meant to, side by side with this years release. Now, I understand this beer was not exactly designed with the intention of cellaring, but science just happens sometimes. I'm sure the best parts of last years faded away, but it actually held up pretty well. I remember that metallic taste others mentioned above...gone. It is obviously a little sweeter with the malt having come forward with the chocolate and the coffee laying off. But I remember what it was, and it has gotten better over time. My point in all this; this years will probably not be forgotten in the stash because it's delicious. So much better than last years. Well done Founder's!

Magbas and foundersfan1 like this.
  3. hophugger

hophugger Grand Pooh-Bah (3,410) Mar 5, 2014 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society

Thought it was very similar to last years, maybe just a very very very little bit lighter on the palate

4. Gemmell

Gemmell Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2014 Illinois

We can work something out! I thought California got Founder's now?

5. charlzm

charlzm Initiate (0) Sep 3, 2007 California

Only NorCal. And be careful - if the mods think that we're even just contemplating a trade, we'll be sent warning emails.

6. Cannibalgasm

Cannibalgasm Initiate (0) Jan 31, 2015 Minnesota

In my opinion this years rendition was up to par if not better then the last couple years.

7. sgudino

sgudino Initiate (0) Apr 15, 2015 California

I sure am glad to hear this one is still good, if not better, than before. I'm expecting my first 4-pack this Friday; this will be my first time trying it...waaaaaay excited for it!

foundersfan1 likes this.
  8. mterry00

mterry00 Devotee (305) Jun 12, 2008 Connecticut

Thanks everyone, as I said earlier I plan to have it again. By no means have I written this one off.

9. Breaking_Beard

Breaking_Beard Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2014 Michigan

I love founders, and primarily drink stouts, but I just don't get it. This stuff tastes like watery metal but everybody loves it.

10. ScaryEd

ScaryEd Grand Pooh-Bah (3,459) Feb 19, 2012 New Hampshire
    Pooh-Bah Society

Same beer. Same thread. Every single year.

paulys55 likes this.
  11. RepartoCorse

RepartoCorse Aspirant (260) Nov 15, 2013 Ohio

Didn't founder''s change the label this year?

12. andrewjraab

andrewjraab Savant (1,034) Apr 5, 2011 Michigan
    Trader

Either that is an archived pic or you must be drinking one from LY...the baby is gone.

13. Hopeswimmer

Hopeswimmer Initiate (0) Nov 5, 2012 Michigan

I'm on the "this years is better" train.

beergorrilla likes this.
  14. SFNC

SFNC Savant (1,085) Apr 7, 2013 North Carolina

I just had my first of the year and it was better than remembered. More chocolate presence. the first one I ever had tasted like an ashtray. Not sure if they vary batch to batch or year to year, but I'm happy and going back for more.

15. FatBoyGotSwagger

FatBoyGotSwagger Grand Pooh-Bah (3,728) Apr 4, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

All the states that got breakfast stout this year still have the baby except for Michigan and Rhode Island.

Gemini6, Lotus1197 and 701beer like this.
  16. swedishmailman

swedishmailman Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2013 Georgia

God forbid a casual conversation turn into a trade outside the ISO forums... Lol

Gemini6 and charlzm like this.
  17. boilermakerbrew

boilermakerbrew Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2010 Indiana

This is one of the beers that I will always confidently say "shut up and drink it." Every year it is awesome.

18. Giantspace

Giantspace Pooh-Bah (2,879) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Can't seem to pull the trigger at $11.99. I remember this being a $9.99 beer only last year or the year before or am I nuts?

Enjoy

19. FatBoyGotSwagger

FatBoyGotSwagger Grand Pooh-Bah (3,728) Apr 4, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Case has always cost me 60 some bucks as long as i've been buying it. Probably a markup on the 4 packs because the store knows it's an in demand seasonal and will sell.

chrismann65 likes this.
  20. foundersfan1

foundersfan1 Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2014 Missouri

Funny story, I was talking to David Deschaine a couple month ago about the baby issue and he told me that despite the fact that the beer had been released for 12 years they had only recently received notice MLCC that the label had never been approved but the fine was only like $500. I told him "screw it if that's the fine for 12 years, just keep going with it" him being a little bit more savvy in that field laughed it off. Although Founder's signature humor is still there with the voicemail.

Gemini6 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.