BCBS Rare Packaging, price, and Rare Day

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by BrianBo, Sep 25, 2015.

?

Rare lotto won/lost/didn't enter

Poll closed Nov 6, 2015.
  1. lost

56.5%
  2. didn't enter but will trade for one

4.4%
  3. didn't enter, don't care

17.2%
  4. I won

16.4%
  5. didn't win, but going with a friend who did

5.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beerspudz

beerspudz Initiate (0) Aug 20, 2015 Michigan

I'm a +1 and didn't get anything, even though my friend had to put in my email. His tickets have my name on them, and that appears to be all we'll need as we'll be together.

fredmugs likes this.
  2. Djsaturn1

Djsaturn1 Pundit (762) Dec 12, 2012 Minnesota
    Trader

Any from MN heading to session 2?

3. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2012 Utah

If I bring beers to trade in a backpack, will those beers be allowed in the backpack inside the event?

4. Gameover170

Gameover170 Zealot (582) Feb 8, 2013 Indiana
    Trader

It says backpacks will be checked, so doubtful since there's no bottle sharing, etc.

5. jnrjr79

jnrjr79 Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2009 Illinois

Also, lots of people hesitate at spending $150-200 for a bottle of wine or bourbon. The vast majority of people, I would think.

EDIT: I see @westlaunboy beat me to this very sentiment.

6. Jerseybeerlover609

Jerseybeerlover609 Initiate (0) Sep 9, 2015 New Jersey

Anyone hear anything about the surprises they have?

7. WI-Beer-Man

WI-Beer-Man Maven (1,383) May 29, 2014 Wisconsin

I'm SOL. My buddy has his name as both the winner and the guest. He called Customer Service to explain the mix up. They refuse to change the ticket and won't allow me in.

8. barhoc11

barhoc11 Initiate (0) Apr 8, 2014 Michigan

I think that would not make them surprises

kodt and SeanBond like this.
  9. BierVogel

BierVogel Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2012 Minnesota

yup.

10. Jerseybeerlover609

Jerseybeerlover609 Initiate (0) Sep 9, 2015 New Jersey

Haha you win

11. FritterFlip

FritterFlip Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2010 Illinois

I have the same issue. They would not even discuss trying to remedy the situation at all.

12. agwalters

agwalters Devotee (389) Nov 10, 2006 Illinois

I had a much different experience. I had to switch the name I originally put on my request and found it to be a very easy process of calling Customer Service and supplying new credentials. It took a day or two, but it was done...so it may be worth revisiting for those who were supposed to appear on a ticket...

13. kkleu357

kkleu357 Savant (1,158) Apr 2, 2014 Wisconsin
    Trader

Sucks you both paid $40 for an unusable ticket. :slight_frown:

14. Dontcounttoday

Dontcounttoday Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2010 Illinois

A friend if a friend had their guest ticket name changed early on in this whole thing and had a very different experience than both of you guys. They changed the name on the ticket for him and then when Goose found out, they overrode the change, cancelled both tickets and refunded the purchaser. I'm guessing after that incident they aren't doing any name changes

15. FritterFlip

FritterFlip Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2010 Illinois

When did you have this done? I am the original purchaser, but my name appears on my ticket twice. I didn't realize I screwed up until we got the info email on Tuesday, but didn't see it until Wednesday and they were closed for Veterans Day. When I called today I was told no dice.

16. Jaycase

Jaycase Grand Pooh-Bah (3,554) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I'm glad GI is adhering to the ticket policy. People should not have purchased 2 tickets if they didn't know who was going with them. It just opens it up for abuse (i.e, sure I'll sell you my +1 for $$$, what's your name?).

17. WI-Beer-Man

Yup, good on them...very smart to take the hard stance.

BuffaloBill12, DLDlulz and Drucifer like this.
  18. Gameover170

Gameover170 Zealot (582) Feb 8, 2013 Indiana
    Trader

I agree, but people's situations also change. My friend that is going with me has kids, and his wife is now sick. He said he's still going, but what if he couldn't go? Then I'm out of an extra $40 (I paid for him) because I can't take someone else instead, and those bottles of Rare don't get purchased, because I doubt they'd let me purchase all 6. I know each situation is different, but you can see there are some situations that are legit.

19. WI-Beer-Man

They will refund.

Personal situations don't matter. This is an extremely important event and regardless of changing situations, there are no substitutions. Very exclusive and they just can't make exceptions.

20. agwalters

agwalters Devotee (389) Nov 10, 2006 Illinois

I went the process sometime end of October, I believe. I spoke with a CS rep who ran it up the flagpole and I was granted the ability to switch the name to my sister. I actually expected push back on it and never received any. Very smooth process to accomplish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.