Bourbon County in Louisville

Discussion in 'South' started by scotti561, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scotti561

scotti561 Initiate (0) Feb 2, 2013 Florida
    Trader

Hey all- I typically go to Chicago on Black Friday but work is holding me back this year. Any word if Louisville will be getting Bourbon County Brand Regal Rye Stout? Anyone know what the allotment will be for Liquor Barn or how much they will be getting? Would crossing the boarder and going to The Keg a better bet? Just feeling this out. Cheers.

2. threedaggers

threedaggers Maven (1,448) Dec 2, 2013 Kentucky
    Trader

Keg probably won't be a better bet. Louisville is supposed to get everything but prop from what I've heard. Liquor barns will probably have the largest allocations

scotti561 likes this.
  3. westjosh

westjosh Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2013 Tennessee

I went to the one on Clybourne last year and was number two in line and only got a Four Pack of Regular one bottle of barley wine and one bottle of coffee.. They want to stretch it super thin

4. threedaggers

Trader

In contrast to my earlier post, I haven't heard a single place confirm they're getting regal rye. Historically, coffee is very hard to get. You should definitely be able to find regular and bw tho

5. erichall

erichall Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2008 Kentucky

Fair amount of regular bcbs and bw should be around. Coffee out there but don't expect more than a bottle of two. Other variants unconfirmed.

6. threedaggers

Trader

A few stores (liquor barns, etc) have posted they'll have rare, coffee, bw and regular, only. Indianapolis is definitely getting regal rye, and I know a pile of people going up there from louisville. Personally, I'll be in chicago.

7. antzman

antzman Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2005 Indiana

No Regal Rye in Kentucky, and for Indiana, its only in Indianapolis. Southern Indiana (ie Keg) is only getting the regular Bourbon County, no other variants. I am putting together a slightly different Black Friday event that we just posted on our Facebook pages and on our website, www.kegliquors.com

scotti561 and threedaggers like this.
  8. Sturgeon83

Sturgeon83 Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2015 Kentucky
    Trader

Is this just at Clarksville, or will New Albany be doing something similar? I think it sounds like a great alternative event.

9. antzman

antzman Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2005 Indiana

This is a Clarksville only event. We'll need the space that the Clarksville store has to hold that many people.

10. Bhoward0698

Bhoward0698 Zealot (668) Apr 2, 2014 Kentucky

Has there been any sightings in Louisville yet?

11. Sturgeon83

Trader

Haven't heard anything. I'm trying to decide my strategy. Everybody I talked to anticipates big lines, but I camped out for Pappy last week, and I don't think I've got another one in me.

12. scotti561

scotti561 Initiate (0) Feb 2, 2013 Florida
    Trader

no sightings yet. probably won't hit until tomorrow at the earliest.

13. threedaggers

Trader

A bunch of small shops like cox's and stuff released regular today. As far as I know, all deliveries will be no later than tomorrow, even if stores are waiting till friday.

14. Sturgeon83

Trader

Is Middletown the only store getting rare? I'm hearing mixed reports, and I'd probably rather go to Springhurst.

15. sefus12

sefus12 Pundit (884) Sep 7, 2006 Massachusetts
    Trader

Damn... was at Cox's on Hubbards last night and didn't see any sitting around. I'm not worried enough to go stand in line on Friday, but it would have been nice to grab a bottle if I saw it there.

16. weeble8604

weeble8604 Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2013 Kentucky

well thanks for saving me the trouble. was just about to stop in there on my way to work.

which cox and what smaller shops are you referring to?

im wondering this also. judging from their twitter account i see that the middletown location is doing a little bourbon county tap event but its not clear to me if they are the only location doing the release (specifically coffee), or if every liquor barn location will?

also anyone know about old towns allocation this year? ive always managed to get a couple coffees from there but no word from them yet.

17. MRuppal

MRuppal Initiate (0) Nov 9, 2015 Florida

Anyone reading this have any idea about what Florida stores or chains will have the Black Friday releases?
    Thanks in advance!

18. Skelator

Skelator Initiate (0) Apr 28, 2011 Canada (YT)

No

19. Bhoward0698

Bhoward0698 Zealot (668) Apr 2, 2014 Kentucky

Anyone know the release time at Springhurst Liquor Barn?

20. ltjska04

ltjska04 Zealot (726) Jun 1, 2005 Kentucky

9am. I'm curious how bad the line usually is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.