Louisville Traders

Discussion in 'South' started by captainkrad, Aug 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainkrad

captainkrad Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2014 New Jersey

I'm looking for a reliable beer trade partner from Louisville who would be willing to agree to long-term trading. I have family in Louisville that I see several times a year. I'm looking for someone from that area to bottle shop for stuff that I can't get. I would do the same here in the NJ/PA/NY area. We would be able to exchange/ trade off without having to spend crazy amounts of $ on shipping (when I see my family). I can provide the following local and regional beers (which doesn't make its way into Kentucky or Indiana): Kane, Carton, Riverhorse, Tuckahoe, Fifty Fifty, Neshaminy Creek, Other Half, Transmitter, Perennial Artisan Ales, Maine, Troegs, Two Roads, Firestone Walker... In exchange, I am seeking beers from Jester King, Three Floyds, Prairie, Against the Grain, Crooked Stave, New Albanian. Message me if interested!

2. IMFletcher

IMFletcher Pooh-Bah (2,418) May 2, 2014 Kentucky
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

CS is limited in Ky, and the JK distro in this state is pretty much limited to the stuff that shows up at Holy Grale for St. Sours Day.

3. erichall

erichall Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2008 Kentucky

JK bottles have shown up a few times but it has been a while. Crooked Stave made it here a couple times but options were limited and supplies short. It's been months since I have seen it on the distributors inventory sheet.

Three Floyds has stepped up the amount they send to KY. It's not unusual to find shops with 7 or 8 different bombers available. ZD, gumballhead and the limited bombers still go very quickly.

semibaked likes this.
  4. tykechandler

tykechandler Initiate (0) Apr 7, 2007 Kentucky

number of bombers of JK on the bottle list at Grale right now

5. captainkrad

captainkrad Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2014 New Jersey

Which ones do you have and what $?

6. MarshallBirdhouse

MarshallBirdhouse Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2013 Kentucky
    Trader

Grale doesn't sell those bottles to go. On premise only.

7. tykechandler

might depend on who you ask :wink:

8. threedaggers

threedaggers Maven (1,448) Dec 2, 2013 Kentucky
    Trader

Or if you work at the glorious establishment :slight_smile:

9. tykechandler

sometimes if you ask nicely, on-premise bottles can find their way into a to-go bag!

threedaggers likes this.
  10. weeble8604

weeble8604 Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2013 Kentucky

Most of those same jk bottles can be purchased to go at the Louisville beer store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.