Schlafly Pumpkin Ale

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by elliott1184, Aug 14, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elliott1184

elliott1184 Maven (1,296) Mar 31, 2011 Minnesota
    Trader

Anyone know the release date for this one, or how difficult it is to get? I don't think I can get it in Minnesota, but I know someone in Springfield, MO. If anyone has tips on finding some around there I would appreciate it!

Cheers!

2. jaminjohnson

jaminjohnson Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2012 Canada (YT)

I believe the release date is this friday, I could be mistaken though. I'd imagine somebody in springfield would have no problem getting a bunch.

3. Crabbicuss

Crabbicuss Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2011 Maryland

You are certainly mistaken as it is already here in Maryland. Seems like all the pumpkins jumped ship and made an early landing (Schlafly, Weyerbacher and now ST Pumking). Wow, we aren't even through the midway point of August and Pumpkin beer ahoy, did I mention that I saw the DuClaw Oktoberfest on the shelf as well. Must be global warming, LOL.

4. jaminjohnson

I heard some stores and areas have some but I read that the "general retail release" was this friday...I beleive there is only a store or two in STL that has it.

5. dmbsnus

dmbsnus Initiate (0) Jan 10, 2012 Illinois

I bought some at Friar Tucks last Saturday in Springfield , IL

6. riotinmyskull

riotinmyskull Initiate (0) Dec 15, 2011 Virginia

available in newport news, va - friend just grabbed a sixer

7. nandemo1

nandemo1 Initiate (0) Jun 14, 2011 Virginia

Not difficult at all to get in in Richmond, VA last year. It was popular but was on the shelves for a month.

8. johnnybgood1999

johnnybgood1999 Initiate (0) Oct 31, 2008 Virginia

Where at in Richmond? I've never seen it here in Lynchburg and would love to grab some when I visit family next week.

9. FTowne

FTowne Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2012 Missouri

Last night they posted a picture on their facebook feed of Pumpkin Ale rolling down the bottling line...but it's out on the east coast already?

10. jaminjohnson

yea you cant get it everywhere except where its made apparently. They told me i could come by and get my case this weekend.

11. arniepnminne

arniepnminne Initiate (0) Jun 2, 2010 Minnesota

I will be coming to MN for Surly Fest and am willing to bring how ever much I can fit in vehicle. 6 packs are $12 with tax and we have piles of fresh Pumpkin Ale. Also get fresh Modus Hoperandi periodically.

Jesse

JackieTH likes this.
  12. elliott1184

Trader

That would be awesome; just sent you a BM.

13. nandemo1

nandemo1 Initiate (0) Jun 14, 2011 Virginia

Total on West Broad St has a bunch of it as of yesterday. I imagine the Midlothian Tpke store does too.

14. johnnybgood1999

johnnybgood1999 Initiate (0) Oct 31, 2008 Virginia

Thanks.

15. Living816

Living816 Initiate (0) Jul 29, 2012 Canada (NT)

I'm in the KC Metro. Not difficult to find, though apparently it sells out rather quickly. The beer guy at HyVee said they get one or two shipments of it and that's that. Royal Liquor at 435 and State Line Rd in KCMO had a few dozen 6 packs. I picked on up.

Not good.

Really over done. Waaaayyyyy to much raw spice flavor. It's a harsh, overflavored beer. The pumpkin ale is a staple of the random brewpub, and they usually are a bit subtle and little more than an amber ale with some pumpkin or spice flavor. I would take that over this. Worth trying once I guess.

I don't want to pooh on your desire to get it. Because I too made a point to find this stuff since it was so popular. But I'm not getting it again.

16. jaminjohnson

To each their own i guess

17. elliott1184

Trader

Gotta love the over the top freakout: "the brewmaster slapped my mom while kicking me in the balls! I'm never going back!!" Somehow this post makes me want to try it even more.

18. jaminjohnson

Schlafly's beers are pretty solid, just sad that pumkin is out cause that means no more AIPA, gotta now wait for TIPA to come out , but the pumkin is a good time filler even though id rather have the ipas

19. jpomeroy86

jpomeroy86 Initiate (0) Aug 2, 2012 Alaska

Patiently awaiting its release here in Northwest Indiana.

20. je1129

je1129 Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2011 Iowa

Got a case yesterday in Iowa. No, I don't want to trade any.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.