How often do you get drunk?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by jeevo, Dec 15, 2012.

?

How often do you drink to get drunk?

1. All the time or close to it.

58 vote(s)
    7.0%
  2. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

320 vote(s)
    38.7%
  3. Rarely or never.

449 vote(s)
    54.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveB24

SteveB24 Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2013 New York

I really hate getting drunk, if/ when it happens i regret it.

dcotom and cjgiant like this.
  2. lester619

lester619 Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2009 Wisconsin

:grinning:
    I'm 33 without an 18 month old, so it still is once in a while.

3. mabermud

mabermud Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2006 Washington

If I have had a hard week, on my Friday, which is usually your Thursday, I sometimes will drink to get, not fall down drunk, but to get really buzzed. To many, this would actually be fall down drunk. If I look to get a really solid buzz, I normally will not drink more than four high single digit beers, or low-medium double digit beers. I might have a higher tolerance. In order to accomplish this feat, I most likely would start out with a good IPA/DIPA, 12 or 22, then move on to a big stout, BA or not, 12 or 22. Re-assess my feelings and condition, then decide if I need another beer, which, if I am looking for a good buzz, I will normally grab another. Leave a day in between each day you enjoy, so your body may recover.

KarmicSkrambl8 likes this.
  4. BrewlsRules

BrewlsRules Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2015 Wisconsin

This thread is a lot like the "capping" bcs thread. Look, we all occasionally get drunk. While I can't recall the last time I said "I'm gonna get fucked up tonight" before drinking, I've certainly said "I'm fucked up" and continued to drink, a few times in the last few months.

I have a sneaking suspicion that many of the members who come on here to say they top out at 2 beers on the weekends or can't imagine doming a 22 Oz of 10% brew without recapping are the ones who keep mouthwash in their desk.

5. M-14

M-14 Zealot (645) Feb 5, 2014 California

Tonight.

SomethingClever and russpowell like this.
  6. russpowell

russpowell Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,256) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I try to get to a relaxed state & let the night flow, having said that I usually wake up clear headed. More often than not my sinus problems give me headaches that make hang-overs seem laughable. I achieve drunkeness far too often during football season. This all decreases next week, starting a new job...

KarmicSkrambl8 likes this.
  7. lester619

Sometimes I wish I was 20 again and all beer tasted like water, and there was no conceivable reason to drink it other than it made you drunk. Things were a lot simpler then.

8. Raime

Raime Pooh-Bah (1,935) Jun 4, 2012 Korea (North)
    Pooh-Bah

At least once a week, always with friends.

I never get ' fall down ' drunk unless it's an Everclear night.

russpowell likes this.
  9. vabeerguy

vabeerguy Grand Pooh-Bah (4,801) Sep 21, 2015 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Since you say you do not drink during the week or on Sunday, I guess your avatar pic must have been taken on a Saturday (it appears there is a can of beer in your hand!!).

10. cjgiant

cjgiant Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,560) Jul 13, 2013 District of Columbia
    Pooh-Bah Society

I hate being drunk, especially in retrospect.

Not breaking new ground: would love having interesting/flavorful beers in the lower ABV range. I was careful tonight out in choosing my options, even though my pure thoughts would've led me to a few more 10%ers. I want to enjoy a good beer, not the effects thereof; seriously, these days that's true, and doubly true when out.

Yes, at home a little less a concern, but still the goal is sipping an enjoyable beer. And yes, obviously I can get tipsy, and that can feed itself in an interestingly and often unhealthy devolving into more unneeded beers. So, better to avoid the situation, even if I am imperfect in that goal.

11. spoony

spoony Pooh-Bah (2,517) Aug 1, 2012 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

Its hell getting old, isn't it?

The hangovers last for days now, not hours, so I rarely drink to get drunk, but occasionally an evening will get away from me.

beerluvr, russpowell and tylerstravis like this.
  12. GSS

GSS Initiate (0) Sep 30, 2015 China

I never drink to get drunk, but sometimes it happens by accident.

JrGtr likes this.
  13. lester619

Fuckin A man.

vabeerguy likes this.
  14. Woodman70

Woodman70 Initiate (0) Jun 1, 2013 Wisconsin

I drink 3-4 beers everyday...Not trying to get drunk...just love beer...I usually get pretty buzzed when I go to Packers games at Lambeau....and when I'm Homebrewing :slight_smile:

russpowell and bluehende like this.
  15. bluehende

bluehende Initiate (0) Dec 10, 2010 Delaware

I try to stay sober while brewing. I have heard some horror stories. Now at Lambeau........As a football fan that sounds awesome.

Woodman70 and pinyin like this.
  16. mrcraft

mrcraft Grand Pooh-Bah (3,322) Dec 15, 2012 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Never. Not with beer anyways.

17. dsgolovin

dsgolovin Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2011 California

Whenever I want, Im a grown ass man. Unfortunately since I'm a grown ass man, I have grown ass responsibilities, so hardly ever. Sigh

dcall384, pjbear05 and KarmicSkrambl8 like this.
  18. jwetter10

jwetter10 Initiate (0) Jan 26, 2014 Minnesota

i'm 24 and in grad school living with three other guys, so i'd say its prolly a bit less than half the time i drink. i suspect when i become a real adult with a real job and real responsibilities it will be far less so i'm taking advantage of it now while i can

19. LambicPentameter

LambicPentameter Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2012 Nebraska

I have a pretty high tolerance at this point, so it's not often that I get sloppy. Really the only time is when I'll go to an occasional bottle share. Case in point: some friends and I did a "days of the week" tasting when I was back home in KC for the holidays and we opened and killed Grey Monday, Black Tuesday, BT Rum, Mocha Wednesday and Chocolate Rain (GM was the winner for me) as well as some other goodies. I was in a bad way in a good way, if you know what I mean.

But usually, I will only even get close on the weekend--Friday or Saturday evening--when I'll kill a few knowing I don't have anywhere to go/be. Sometimes I'll have a nice buzz going by the end of whatever movie me and Mrs. Lambic are watching and other times not. Bottom line, I'm not drinking specifically to get drunk, I'm drinking because I like beer. As such, there are plenty of times when I'll feel like I'm done after one beer just because I've quenched my "thirst", so to speak.

Irishize75 and KarmicSkrambl8 like this.
  20. Premo88

Premo88 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,486) Jun 6, 2010 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Society

since about 1995 and the college days, about once every 20 years

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.