1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

12 Days of XMAS BIF

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Dave_Treat, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UcDru

UcDru Maven (1,363) Aug 15, 2013 Ohio
    Trader

Day 12 from @treznor
    Unfortunately I think it's infected. Nose is quite funky on the palate slight tart citrus barnyard funk....still a great 12 days regardless thanks Mike...

[​IMG]

#datloon #goozy #L4L

#4881 UcDru, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  2. Syracuse12

Syracuse12 Initiate (0) Aug 21, 2012 New Jersey
    Trader

Day 12 is one of my favorite beers, was so excited to see it, that I drank it... Immediately.

[​IMG]

I still owe a VBS of day 11 coming tomorrow. Thanks Geoff, awesome ninja 12 days

3. gjoker321

gjoker321 Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2007 Florida

[​IMG]

@Devman171 . I was hesitant about participating in this BIF but Devin sent me a surprise 6DOT box that I enjoyed immensely leading me to give this a shot. I was surprised but also extremely happy to see Devin turn out to be my sender. He did an absolutely great job hitting my requests (very stringent week day rules) and hitting me with local'ish beer that was fantastic! Kill shot to come. Thanks Devin, I owe you. And I hope that statement sends a shiver down both your, and your porches, spines...
    Cheers!

[​IMG]

Great finale dude! I had no idea Allagash made such tasty sours!

4. SixPack6

SixPack6 Pundit (814) Jan 4, 2011 Wisconsin
    Trader

Great way to end the 12 days and very appropriate for a Tuesday. Huge want hit here. Thanks @tommyguz for a fun 12 days full of new and delicious brews.
    [​IMG]

5. jschott75

jschott75 Pooh-Bah (1,792) May 19, 2012 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Day 12 from @JNForsyth. I have one more day to catch up on.
    Terrapin Cinnamon Roll'd W-N-B

[​IMG]
    First time trying this one. Thankful for the chance.

6. BuggalooShrimp

BuggalooShrimp Initiate (0) Jul 9, 2015 North Carolina

Day 11- Cherry Fruit Stand(Montmorency 8/26/15)-Casey Brewing & Blending
    This is my second time having this batch, and I swear this bottle has more fruit flavor. Also, look at that color.
    [​IMG]

Day 12- Saison Bernice- SARA
    This one has been a major want for a while and one of the highlights in a crazy 12 days of great beer.
    [​IMG]

Thanks @mnbearsfan, you put together a ridiculous box and Im truly grateful. Cheers!

7. treznor

treznor Pooh-Bah (1,814) Dec 20, 2006 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Could you imagine the hellfire and brimstone that would happen in the beer world if Cantillon or 3F ever had a non-intended infection (that people could tell)?

Devman171, smanson56 and KyleDavis like this.
  8. core42

core42 Pooh-Bah (1,826) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Oops...forgot to tell you that I gave you 5 bottles on day 12 because they all go together but I don't expect you to drink them all tonight since I know that you are back to work
    Whatever you don't get to is considered an extra

9. treznor

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

BTW, did you make it to the last floater? No pressure really, but interested in your opinion as very few of my friends have had it since it was a brewery-only thing. Had it a couple weeks ago and rather liked it.

smanson56 likes this.
  10. PassMeAZima

PassMeAZima Maven (1,293) Jan 1, 2014 Kentucky
    Trader

I stumbled in to 2 of those this year, and I agree it was really really good.

smanson56 and andreizm like this.
  11. UcDru

Trader

Not yet I have a splitting migraine right now wanted to get to it tonight but not sure if I can. My eyes are watering it hurts so bad.

smanson56 and treznor like this.
  12. PG2G

PG2G Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2011 California

Thank god, haha. 60 oz of 11% beer might not have gone over too well

whyteboy003, smanson56 and gmo_vr626 like this.
  13. treznor

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Yeah, don't go injuring yourself for beer. When you get to it, I'd love to know what you think!

smanson56 likes this.
  14. core42

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Slack would have been fantastic though!

15. andreizm

andreizm Zealot (695) Sep 17, 2008 Washington
    Trader

Catching up on my Day 10 beer. Russian Mail Order Bride (tequila barrel) from Green Bench. Woody, roasty, tequila kick on the finish. New brewery tick for me. Thanks @kayakandbeer!

[​IMG]

16. ltjska04

ltjska04 Zealot (726) Jun 1, 2005 Kentucky

As the 12 DoX come to a close, I have to send out a huge thank you to @oline73 for all the awesome beer and glassware he sent me. Many of these I may have never tried if not for him. I enjoyed the hell out of this experience and looked forward to unwrapping each new beer like a kid on Christmas.

For today he sent #1 & 2 (I see what you did there) of the 18th St. Hunter Series... Coffee & Vanilla! I hadn't heard about these prior to this year and am so glad I get to try them. After seeing the apparently widespread infection issues of the Coffee I chose to start with the it to confirm my suspicions.
    [​IMG]
    Yep, unfortunately it's infected but Steve couldn't have known. It didn't gush and still has a bit of coffee but something is definitely up. I finished most of this glass before giving up on the bottle. After this I popped the Vanilla to better results:
    [​IMG]
    This is not only the final beer of the 12 Days of Christmas but the final beer of my 20s. Thanks again Steve for everything you sent! By the way, here's the family shot:
    [​IMG]

17. KyleDavis

KyleDavis Initiate (0) Aug 20, 2015 Ohio

Thanks Mike for sending an awesome box to Drew because I was lucky enough to share a couple days with Drew. Nothing you could do about it, but unfortunately this was infected pretty badly.:wink:

18. core42

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Feeling melancholy today as I unwrap the last 2 bottles from @campa86
    [​IMG]
    It took 12 days for Mike to leave the state of Cali & I'm glad he did. BB Oil of Aphrodite is really tasty & this is my first time having it; I've had regular before but that's it.
    [​IMG]
    Day 12 "back up" is Oro Negro which is yet another want & I can't wait to get to into it

[​IMG]
    (The beers out front are the "main beers" based on blind choice with the "back up beers" being in back. I've finished all of the beers except for 3 which will be consumed by weeks end)
    Here is the kill shot with 2 beers per day for 12 days featuring the best that Cali has to offer & then some. Lots of variety & big beers throughout paired with a fun game makes this one of the best boxes that I have ever received.
    I can't thank @campa86 enough!

19. KyleDavis

KyleDavis Initiate (0) Aug 20, 2015 Ohio

First, thanks to all of you crazy fuckers for including me in this BIF. This has been a blast. I really hope Larry @kayakandbeer has enjoyed the box I sent. The best part has been seeing all the cool stuff that people have been forced to open.

Second, thanks to @robgage for sending a great box full of new ticks and generally excellent beer (kill shot will come tomorrow when I recover from Day 12). You knocked every day out of the park.

Third, thanks to @Dave_Treat for organizing and running this. I had tons o' fun.

And finally, a little Day 12 pr0n...

My Day 12 beer... 2015 Black Tuesday. Rob, I kinda hate you and I kinda love you.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I shared BT with my dad and Drew. And @UcDru brought his Day 12 over to share tonight.
    [​IMG]

And to celebrate not dying of liver failure (and because I get pretty liberal after a couple beers) we decided this would be a fitting end to the evening.
    [​IMG]

Cheers to all you crazy assholes!

20. UcDru

Trader

Lurking is that Irish walker we opened courtesy of @treznor thanks Kyle for hosting me, cooking for me and sharing some world class beers with me. Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.