Pineapple Sculpin

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Thanx4AllDaFish, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ianous

ianous Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2013 Connecticut

Of what?

Johnct likes this.
  2. OctoberPest

OctoberPest Initiate (0) Sep 8, 2015 Connecticut

I was at the brewery in november. Watermelon Dorado was a true watermelon bomb, way too much. The guy working the bar agreed with me and cut my glass with some regular sculpin, which balanced it out a lot. Pineapple Sculpin was great, people are going to be impressed just watch.

3. ISpendTooMuchOnBeer

ISpendTooMuchOnBeer Zealot (529) Oct 29, 2015 Illinois

Turning PAs and IPAs into wine coolers

swolepeer likes this.
  4. OctoberPest

OctoberPest Initiate (0) Sep 8, 2015 Connecticut

The flavor did not taste artificial at all. But it was almost overwhelming. VERY strong watermelon really drowned out the double ipa. Of course I'm not a fan of regular Dorado either.

5. SteveSexton203

SteveSexton203 Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2014 Connecticut

i thought this was a joke when i saw this. But here you go the full 2016 line up of fake fruit flavor.[​IMG]
    Enjoy for $20 a 6 pack because AB Inbev doesn't have enough money already.

Ill pass on this Craft beer Joke!

swolepeer likes this.
  6. mcd432

mcd432 Devotee (319) Jul 23, 2015 North Carolina

Ummmmmm? That would be Constellation Brands.

Shrdder253, teraflx, Johnct and 3 others like this.
  7. kevanb

kevanb Pooh-Bah (2,569) Apr 4, 2011 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

2edgy4me

8. vileplume

vileplume Initiate (0) Sep 27, 2015 Arizona

Apparently the general public does not like their craft beer to taste like beer.

KEEPonPOURING, swolepeer and Gemini6 like this.
  9. JasonJYoung

JasonJYoung Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2015 Washington
    Trader

Mixed bag of comments here, but I personally seek out pineapple beers. Some are freaking delicious! Others, not so much. But yea, hopefully they don't get crazy on the pricing ( I'd still try it).

BTW: crazy as it sounds, I really like the pineapple beer by Maui Brewing. Can't recall the exact name.

Mischief likes this.
  10. rgordon

rgordon Pooh-Bah (2,677) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society

Exactly. I read the post and realized what he was complaining about was what he just did.

11. SteveSexton203

same thing still macro junk

12. NotHereForGold

NotHereForGold Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2015 Wisconsin

My Miller rep told me he will start distributing BP soon so I think Constellation is attached to SaabMiller not Inbev

13. NealioATX

NealioATX Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2015 Texas

Miller has had their distro in TX for quite a while.

14. SteveSexton203

i agreed with the other guy and said samething just macro.

are you trying to help me with this now and say they are part of SaabMiller. You do know who just merged with SaabMiller right? lol

15. Mbennett

Mbennett Initiate (0) Jun 16, 2011 New York

How can you have an informed opinion about something that you haven't tried? I have no problem if he has tried the product, and his opinion is the opposite of mine; in fact that's the beauty of this forum - reading about others experiences and opinions that are different than your own. But to open a thread about a beer that he considers too expensive, and not even give it a chance, and then make a speculation that its 50% more expensive, but not 50% better is just ignorant.

And how am I supposed to know I'm not going to like someones post without reading it?

Roguer, ACGypsy, ahawkman and 2 others like this.
  16. ivegot3Dvision

ivegot3Dvision Pooh-Bah (1,786) Feb 9, 2015 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I want to say about a year and a half ago I had a watermelon wheat that was a homebrew for a competition and it was INSANE, so the fresh watermelon flavor in a beer can be delicious. On the flip side of that though, I went to AleSmith when I was down in California and they had a watermelon beer on (I don't even remember the style, I was pretty drunk). It smelled like jolly ranchers, and I thought how great it smelled even though I knew it was fake as hell. It tasted horrible, probably one of the worst beers I've ever had, and I've had some pretty terrible beer.

So, if they go actual watermelon juice (or concentrate, or extract) I'm down, but if they go the fake watermelon route I'm out.

Jkolls likes this.
  17. otispdriftwood

otispdriftwood Initiate (0) Dec 9, 2011 Colorado

Sometimes it's the title, sometimes it's the first few words.

KEEPonPOURING and --Dom-- like this.
  18. Mbennett

Mbennett Initiate (0) Jun 16, 2011 New York

So then why did you read my post and respond to it? lol

19. Brolo75

Brolo75 Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2013 California
    Deactivated

Picked up a couple singles of Pineapple Sculpin and Mango Even Keel on Friday night. Going to try them today, later on today.

Sound_Explorer likes this.
  20. eagles7251

eagles7251 Zealot (658) Sep 29, 2009 New Jersey

^^^ Let us know what you think. I am huge Sculpin fan and cant wait to try Pineapple Sculpin. Plus we dont get fresh Sculpin all that often in NJ. Cant wait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.