Extreme Beer Fest 2016: The Beer Lineup

Blog Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Talk' started by Todd, Jul 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MenardMa

MenardMa Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2011 Connecticut

Any word on the food vendors yet? My wife mostly comes for the waffles and grilled cheeses so she's waiting anxiously :slight_smile:

apologies if the info is already out there and i'm missing it.

2. Todd

Todd Founder (13,254) Aug 23, 1996 Finland
    Staff Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

So far we've confirmed Waffle Cabin, KO Pies, Roxy's Grilled Cheese and Cellars At Jasper Hill.

rsahr, jhavs, jlordi12 and 5 others like this.
  3. pnutbutr

pnutbutr Initiate (0) Jan 4, 2013 New Jersey

May I ask a stupid question? I went through the FAQ and I didn't find a clear answer.

All of the beer is served in single-use, disposable plastic cups, correct?

Also, I noticed that many of the brewers have a great deal of different beer choices. Is is proper etiquette to only get one sample per trip through the line?

Thanks

4. GreesyFizeek

GreesyFizeek Grand Pooh-Bah (5,512) Mar 6, 2013 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I can help out here- they give you a cup that you use throughout the entire fest.

Also, yes, you should only get one sample per trip through the line, unless there is no line.

rsahr, jhavs, papat444 and 2 others like this.
  5. pnutbutr

pnutbutr Initiate (0) Jan 4, 2013 New Jersey

Perfect, thanks!

6. Johnct

Johnct Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2014 New York

Wait so if a brewery has 2 or 3 beers you want to try, you'll have to wait in line and try one, then turn around and go to the end of the line and wait to try another, and so forth??

7. blisscent

blisscent Savant (1,066) Aug 16, 2015 Rhode Island

Yes, which shouldn't be a problem and especially since it's not about getting drunk. Yet it's somewhat a pain with a very popular brewery.

Overall, there is no way to get everything you want to try, so there is that. So use a strategy while remaining as sober as possible to go along with that.

8. _RL_

_RL_ Initiate (0) Oct 2, 2013 Maryland
    Trader

In addition to @blisscent's comment, many (probably most) breweries have small or no lines.

Johnct likes this.
  9. Smokingtony

Smokingtony Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2014 Texas

Looks amazing! I wish this was in Texas

GreatStoutman likes this.
  10. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2009 Connecticut

Best beer fest of all time. EBF is where it's at! So lucky to be less than 2 hours away and able to go every year!

Todd, jbaker67 and jlordi12 like this.
  11. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Pooh-Bah (1,957) Mar 29, 2007 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

Think of the logistics of having one tasting cup and people just hanging out at the front of the line, taking their time to drink each beer they want before moving on to the next brewer. It would be a disaster.

andylipp, jlordi12, pudgym29 and 4 others like this.
  12. GreesyFizeek

GreesyFizeek Grand Pooh-Bah (5,512) Mar 6, 2013 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

If you want to get multiple beers from a popular brewery, wait in line, get a sample, get to the back of the line, and drink the sample while you wait for another one. Otherwise, the lines would take forever, it would take 10-15 minutes per person up there. No bueno.

Johnct and Todd like this.
  13. Grimm_Artisanal_Ales

Grimm_Artisanal_Ales Initiate (0) Apr 6, 2015 New York

Hi everybody,
    We're we're making wort for Lambo thursday/friday this week, and we have a three week turnaround time for the beer, which just means we were cutting it incredibly close and couldn't guarantee we'd have it ready for the fest. There's a slim outside chance we can get it there on time, but we knew Lumen was a lock. Lumen is more delicate than Lambo Door but still juicy as F so hopefully people will enjoy!

14. sgulner

sgulner Zealot (604) Apr 16, 2011 Massachusetts
    Trader

EBF is a great fest, and am sorry will not be able to attend due to both work and a new 8 month old at home. HOWEVER, the one side benefit for the locals is that in the past any 'extras' from the fest went into distribution locally. I remember it being talked about previously, something about needing to have distributors in Ma to pour beer here, not exactly sure. Anyways, I've picked up Big Bad Baptist, Revolution (prior to the recent availability), and others on tap around town.

cappy201 likes this.
  15. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Pooh-Bah (1,957) Mar 29, 2007 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

It better be extremely delicate.

16. bahamut6565

bahamut6565 Initiate (0) Sep 28, 2014 Massachusetts

I'm going to the 1st session, and Hoo Lawd is one of my biggest priorities, since it's most likely the only chance I'll ever get to try it. I wanna go straight to DFH's booth to make sure they don't run out before I get a chance. Two questions:

1. Will it destroy my palate for every beer I try after?
    2. Should I even worry about them running out in the 1st session?

17. Todd

Todd Founder (13,254) Aug 23, 1996 Finland
    Staff Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

It will destroy your palate, so be prepared to scrub it with food and water immediately after. And DFH should be rationing it across all three sessions.

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  18. Grimm_Artisanal_Ales

Grimm_Artisanal_Ales Initiate (0) Apr 6, 2015 New York

anybody who consumes Hoo Lawd is banned from the Grimm booth thereafter :wink:

#extremelydelicate

#138 Grimm_Artisanal_Ales, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  19. anthonyc_9

anthonyc_9 Initiate (0) Nov 4, 2013 New Jersey

Extremely Delicate Fest

badgerbadger and CoinStarChange like this.
  20. MenardMa

MenardMa Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2011 Connecticut

Excellent, thanks man. Can't wait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.