Refunds for Goose Island 2015 Bourbon County Coffee & Bourbon County Barleywine

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by snoopdme, Jan 8, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kclifford

kclifford Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2014 Illinois

I might have missed this, but are these for Coffee or Barleywine?

2. jws6w7

jws6w7 Initiate (0) Oct 30, 2014 Florida

I called and they took care of me no problems

VDubDJ likes this.
  3. kclifford

kclifford Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2014 Illinois

This is largely correct. I e-mailed an acquaintance (know well enough to e-mail him regarding this, but not to ask if any bottles of 2010 Rare are laying around :wink:) of mine who recommended I put mine in the fridge or cooler temperatures right away. He said if I stored all mine the same way and was unsatisfied with one of my bottles, the rest are likely to be the same. Those bottles that were stored in warmer temps are tending to have an “off-acid” flavor.

Cheers.

4. Seanem44

Seanem44 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2014 Virginia

I'm glad that you mentioned this. I opened my Coffee this past week and first hint something was off was the carbonation. It fizzed almost like a coke instead of normal beer head.

After that, tasted no coffee at all. Tasted like an off BCBS. It had a weird tangy after-taste that I couldn't pin-point until I read your post. The after taste was sour cherry. I have yet to open the three barleywines I purchased. Sucks that this happened.

5. Dan_Inreallife

Dan_Inreallife Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2012 Colorado

It's been 12 days now so I'm wondering if anyone has actually received their refund yet. I know many folks, myself included, were told 7-10 days, but I haven't gotten anything as of this morning.

6. jlsims04

jlsims04 Initiate (0) Jul 14, 2013 Illinois

Make sure your counting business days. Also dont count this monday lol.

7. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Grand Pooh-Bah (3,181) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Yup, refrigerating your beers will be a benefit since cold temperatures inhibit the growth of spoilage microorganisms (e.g., bacteria). That is why you refrigerate your orange juice, milk, etc., to inhibit the growth of spoilage microorganisms.

Cheers!

foundersfan1 and cavedave like this.
  8. Chitex78

Chitex78 Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2013 Illinois

Has anyone else received email acknowledgement from GI? Got this today:

[​IMG]

bowzer4birdie likes this.
  9. Heretic42

Heretic42 Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2011 Texas

Got the same today

10. DarkMagneto

DarkMagneto Crusader (467) Apr 17, 2007 Illinois

Yep, just walked up to the front doors of the brewery and they handed out cash. Super simple and fast/easy. Amazing!

11. mctizzz

mctizzz Initiate (0) Dec 23, 2010 California
    Deactivated

I tried twice earlier and spent 30min and 5min on hold before giving up.

Just called and spoke to someone right away. They only asked for the place of purchase, the numbers off one BW and one Coffee, my shirt size, and a copy of receipt. I obviously didn't have a receipt so they said they could only refund me $99, a difference of ~$10. Very easy, thanks GI. I hope that tshirt is soft as fuck!

bigjsempire likes this.
  12. Avelasquez80

Avelasquez80 Initiate (0) Jul 9, 2015 Texas

I wasn't asked to give my email. So I'll just continue to look out for the package to arrive.

13. 4truth

4truth Pundit (806) Jan 30, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

No email, no t-shirt, no refund check yet.

14. Seanem44

Seanem44 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2014 Virginia

I called last night. No wait time at all. They reimbursed me for the coffee and three Barleywines. $50 total and a T-Shirt to boot. GI is a class act. Sucks this happens and I don't blame them. They made it right and I have no problem camping out again next year.

foundersfan1 likes this.
  15. Klebe

Klebe Initiate (0) May 16, 2012 Maryland

Identical experience, down to the drain pour (though try I did to drink the SOB).

PsilohsaiBiN likes this.
  16. JDubbelStout

JDubbelStout Aspirant (223) Mar 30, 2014 California

Called and got my refund and t-shirt coming. I don't understand why anyone would complain or criticize this situation. Seriously, shit happens, and the best you can expect is for someone to try to make it right by offering money back. The number of bad beers I have poured out that I got nothing for... Yeah, I appreciate this very much.

I'll be proudly wearing my new GI (hopefully BC) t-shirt, and making an effort to get more BCBCS and BCBBW next Black Friday!

17. fredmugs

fredmugs Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2012 Indiana
    Deactivated

Just got done. It took less than 2 minutes to get through. He said they were "thinking about" giving T-shirts and did ask for my size.

Coffee was 17 Sep 1223
    BW was 20 Oct 1215

18. Tomcheeze

Tomcheeze Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2015 Illinois

Was anyone else given the option to swap their Coffee and BW for Regular at the GI Fulton taproom? When I called about a refund weeks ago it seems like that wasn't even an option. Now I'm hearing reports of swapping. Wish that was made clear after their public statement. I would of rather taken regular BC that I can drink vs. a refund for opened bottles.

19. VinHalen54

VinHalen54 Pundit (783) Jun 4, 2014 Illinois

I was told that you could do both the refund and exchange for unopened bottles. It is supposed to be for the inconvenience of this entire situation and to make up for it in addition to the refunds.

20. Tomcheeze

Tomcheeze Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2015 Illinois

Interesting. Would of been great to know before I tossed all my empties. Thanks for the tip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.