Tree House Brewing Co. (January 2016)

Discussion in 'New England' started by Dflys800, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Pundit (955) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

since this is the internet, I have to assume this is sarcasm. Nicely played :slight_smile:

Gunboat82 likes this.
  2. SScott1217

SScott1217 Initiate (0) Aug 25, 2015 Connecticut

Welp. Colby600 wasn't lying. Sorry for doubting you bro.

3. ppoitras

ppoitras Pooh-Bah (2,950) Jan 15, 2004 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

Varied with timing, of course. Was in at 4, out by 4:05pm, on Wednesday afternoon.

4. SmittyinUpstate

SmittyinUpstate Devotee (359) Aug 27, 2015 Arizona

For all you locals, would love to take a weekend trip in this area and hit Treehouse. Anything close by (30 min or so) that might appeal to the wife to solidify the trip? Nice shopping areas, restaurants, etc.

5. HuskyHawk

HuskyHawk Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2014 Massachusetts

Old Sturbridge Village maybe. If she likes history. Treehouse is in the middle of nowhere.

6. Hos

Hos Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2015 Massachusetts

If coming from NY area and taking Rt.90 There are some Outlets at the Lee exit which is Exit#2. Not a ton of stores but is an easy on and off from the turnpike (an hour to Treehouse). Also the Holyoke mall (35 minutes to Treehouse) which you can get to pretty easily from Exit# 4 off the turnpike which is a pretty big mall and has a few dinning options. For dining there's plenty of chain places in West Springfield and Springfield as well as plenty of other fancier places. Red Rose Pizzeria in Springfield is always a good choice, Latitude in West Springfield, Monte Carlo in West Springfield, Europa in Ludlow, ....there's a bunch.

Enjoy the trip and the beer!

BAMF likes this.
  7. oldbean

oldbean Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2005 Massachusetts

Downtown Northampton is a nice place to spend an afternoon.

BAMF likes this.
  8. BAMF

BAMF Initiate (0) Jul 11, 2007 Massachusetts

Are you coming from NY? If you are heading back on the pike, take a 20 min detour up to Northampton. Funky shops, some decent to good restaurants and bars, and a very walkable "downtown" area. Its about 50 mins from Tree House, but like I said, it is more of a 20 min detour from your route home.

9. Hammerhead79

Hammerhead79 Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2015 Massachusetts

Brimfield antique show&flea market three times a year May, July, Sept. but It is crazy those weeks.

10. frekky

frekky Initiate (0) Oct 31, 2015 Massachusetts

Per twitter:
    Single Shot ~275 cases, 8 cans pp today.

11. Hos

Hos Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2015 Massachusetts

Definitely worth stopping in Northampton if you're willing to go off the path a bit.

12. SmittyinUpstate

SmittyinUpstate Devotee (359) Aug 27, 2015 Arizona

As always, everyone is awesome! Thanks for the info. Now to gather my shopping amo and present it to the Mrs.

13. dmolz

dmolz Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2014 Connecticut

45 or so, west hartford ct. stacked with food and a few cool bottle shops. 15 or so from that, middletown. same, all walking distance, eli cannons, & krust for pizza and tons of bourbon. stubborn beauty up the street. steady habit is the farthest. 20 south of there and like 75 back to th.

14. lfiorillo

lfiorillo Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2012 Connecticut

You sir, are clearly not married.

von_kaiser likes this.
  15. retroray12

retroray12 Initiate (0) Sep 24, 2015 New York

I drive from upstate NY and chick fil a is always a must stop on my way home from TH lol pleases my girlfriend and my dog loves their nuggets

BGsWo22 and Hiwattowner like this.
  16. dmolz

dmolz Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2014 Connecticut

lol no. but many of those are good for couples. I went on plenty of dates at restaurants in both areas. they're not all divey or bro bars. I was gonna specify...just didn't feel like typing more without a genre. theres lots of options.

17. JJGittes

JJGittes Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2015 Connecticut

Thursday night was interesting. Had not planned on going (55mins each way), saw KJ (+Green/Haze) on social media and also no line. Drove up walked in/out with 8 cans. Could have stayed another half hour and gotten 3 growlers, but did not. Borderline worth the drive, but the no-wait was huge factor. TH staff never confirmed KJ on Twitter or web page until after closing, which I think might be a first? (Usually they confirm quiet releases once the doors are open, I think?)

18. MooltiPass

MooltiPass Initiate (0) Nov 16, 2013 Connecticut

To my memory they always stay quiet on stuff like Good Morning for the entirety of the first retail day's availability.

Evmo31 likes this.
  19. groverbeer123

groverbeer123 Initiate (0) Jul 27, 2013 New Jersey

Any good bottle shops near TH? Thanks for the help.

20. HeyHayward

HeyHayward Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2013 New York

Yankee Spirits in Sturbridge.

YS1977 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.