States with the best distro with examples

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Jrobinson, Feb 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jrobinson

Jrobinson Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2015 New Hampshire

Wondering which States have the best distribution, and some of the best from those States

2. teraflx

teraflx Initiate (0) Feb 4, 2013 Arizona

3. Jrobinson

I'm in NH, and are only about 20 mins from massachusetts, and 5 minutes from maine. Both States have a fantastic distro, mainly incredible ipa's but alsomany other great beers. Some of the best are currently still brewery only, but with so many so close it's easy to acquire many of the bucket list beers many people have. Swish is released a couple times a month, allagash wild ales roughly every few months, trillium regularly, Maine beer company dinner twice a year, foundation epiphany once every couple weeks. I could go on and on.

#3 Jrobinson, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  4. vtcraft

vtcraft Zealot (695) Apr 1, 2013 Vermont
    Trader

Vermont: just wish we had firestone

5. Jrobinson

I can get to Montpelier in about 2 hours, love hunger mountain!! I do often see some great FW beers in my travels to mass. Currently have a parabola 2011, and a anniversary 19.

6. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,291) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society

Welcome to the BA site, Jrobinson. There was a thread about a year ago that asked the same question that you ask, and seekabrew.com was referenced as part of the responses in that thread. Someone even went to the point of counting all of the breweries that are distributing in each state if the number of breweries answers your question of 'best' distro. I tried to find that thread with a quick look using the Search function but couldn't find it. You can try using search words that are maybe different from mine to find it. Unfortunately I don't recall which state had the most, but I know it wasn't Michigan.

7. Suezotiger

Suezotiger Initiate (0) Sep 19, 2015 Pennsylvania

I'd say PA is at least good if not in the top 10. I'm not in the know enough to know how much super special stuff we get but we get a big selection of normal and seasonal stuff for sure. Especially Founders, it seems. I was at a store recently that still has cases of FBS and a good amount of Backwoods Bastard. Same with Southern Tier and Great Lakes. The beer distributors (where you buy cases) tend to lean towards macros but still have a good selection of craft, and the grocery stores that sell beer (only because they get a bar license with a little over 12 pack limit per person per trip to your car) cater much more to craft drinkers.

I'd say the somewhat archaic sales laws are the only thing keeping PA back, but at least there isn't an abv limit like some states.

8. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Grand Pooh-Bah (3,274) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

CO is up there. We get all the big players from the west coast, alot of the midwest hotness is making its way in, and we just started seeing kegs of HF. Add in the beers made here, if you cant find something that makes you happy, youre too picky. Its nice to grab some firestone, or alpine nelson, go down the road and pick up a pint of anna, and head over to tivoli for some NvU.

9. Lazhal

Lazhal Pooh-Bah (1,866) Mar 13, 2011 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

http://www.beeradvocate.com/communi...bad-state-for-craft-beer.326742/#post-3992183

10. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,291) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society

Winner winner chicken dinner!! :wink: I thought it had been you, but still couldn't find that thread. (I spelled your name wrong in my search. :slight_frown:)

11. Ninjakillzu

Ninjakillzu Initiate (0) Oct 5, 2015 Washington

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.