Tree House Brewing Co. (February 2016)

Discussion in 'New England' started by Dsteyer27, Feb 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikecap

Mikecap Pooh-Bah (2,062) May 18, 2012 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I understand the speculation is exciting, but does it really matter? You know you're going to leave with good beer.

eb1610 likes this.
  2. Lupin

Lupin Pundit (894) Jun 4, 2006 Connecticut
    Trader

Agree wholeheartedly. I am also part of the weird minority that thinks that Julius and Green are better than their imperial counterparts. Sipping a 2/2 green as I type this. Crisp.

hopley, Evmo31 and Mikecap like this.
  3. Phreeballing

Phreeballing Zealot (731) Sep 19, 2015 New York
    Trader

No, it doesn't. It's just fun. I am happy with anything. Something I haven't tried yet would be cool though

4. skleice

skleice Maven (1,271) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut

I'm already psyched to know I'll be leaving with Green and Double Shot. Can't wait to see what else ends up being available. I almost prefer the standard releases cuz it keeps the lines more reasonable.

Mikecap and Evmo31 like this.
  5. Shyla987

Shyla987 Zealot (575) Jul 18, 2013 Connecticut

Heard a lot of rumors & speculation lately, pretty sure most of you have. Actual juice or juice extract in the "juicy" beers? Flour to make them turbid?

@DigitalNate Would you like to address these rumors? They're becoming consistent. Thanks!

6. manbrick

manbrick Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2014 New York

Nate has addressed the flour thing on twitter before.
    https://twitter.com/treehousenate/status/679483705119916032

Also, I don't really see what is so crazy about Tree House's beers, aside from the sheer number of beers that are juicy. Plenty of breweries doing similar things.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. slengteng

slengteng Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2014 Massachusetts

I believe they would be required by law to label the beer a certain way if juice was added to indicate that addition. I also think that speculation is pretty weird. There is no juice added.

8. DigitalNate

DigitalNate Crusader (441) Dec 20, 2010 Massachusetts

I have used fresh pressed grapefruit juice and grapefruit rind in one of my beers and stated as such in the description... Curiosity Four. Never any flour.

9. tynian16

tynian16 Zealot (746) Oct 23, 2015 New York

I tried to find the answer to this question on Tree House's website but I am still a little confused. If I go on a Thursday and want both cans and growlers, do I wait in two separate lines? Or is there a way to put your growler request in and then go wait in a can line? Any help would be much appreciated!

10. pjs234

pjs234 Maven (1,453) Jun 29, 2008 Connecticut

There really is only one "line", which is for cans. for growlers, you fill out an order form, which is filled in the order that the forms are received. There is no physical line for growlers.

If you are in the can line before open, prior to opening, TH staff will pass out pre-numbered order forms (and pencils) for growlers to the peoples in the can line. They will then pass back through the can line to collect the growler cards. Once they have collected your form, your growler order has been placed. They will call your number when the growlers are ready (note that if you have your own empty growlers, they will call your number to ask for your empties when they get to you). After your card is handed in, you stay in the line to get cans.

If you get there after open, there is still only one line for cans, but at some point they stop passing out growler cards to people in the can line. At this point, your decision is whether to go up to the growler desk to fill out an order form and then wait in the can line or wait in the can line first and then fill out a growler form once you have your cans (or when your portion of the line gets in the building).

Hope this helps.

BeerMoto and tynian16 like this.
  11. DigitalNate

DigitalNate Crusader (441) Dec 20, 2010 Massachusetts

There is one line during peak / busy times. You wait in the can line for cans and if you would like growlers our staff will assist you with filling out a numbered order card while you wait. This will hold your place in the growler queue as soon as you receive it. In essence you wait in both lines at the same time...

12. tynian16

tynian16 Zealot (746) Oct 23, 2015 New York

Thanks guys!

13. -Rick

-Rick Savant (1,083) Dec 22, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Alter Ego------6PP

14. codasnap52

codasnap52 Zealot (730) Jan 24, 2008 Connecticut
    Trader

Really easy today. Walked right up, got my allotment and left.

One note: I'm no environmental crusader or anything, but PLEASE don't discard your empties at the side of the road. I get that you are excited to drink fresh Green, but its a bad look when locals (or anyone for that matter) are driving by and they see cans of Green and various long necks on the side of the road near TH. This doesn't apply to 99.9% of you, but it just takes one person (ie that neighbor at the old facility) to really wreck a good thing. Keep it classy guys

15. JoeB51982

JoeB51982 Initiate (0) Jan 10, 2008 Rhode Island

To add to this... there were complaints about people speeding down East Hill Road today from some neighbors. Dean came out and told everyone to please go slow when you're in the area. If we want to keep TH open to the public, people need to be respectful and realize that it is a fairly residential area. If these complaints pile up enough TH could be forced to change how they're doing business and that's not fair to them. I understand everyone wants to hurry and get in line, but it's not worth risking the effect it could have on the brewery in the long run. Go slow guys and I'm sure you'll still get the beer you love so much. I'll get off my little soap box now and go enjoy a fresh Alter Ego. Nostrovia!

BeerKev11, MarkJC1018 and jomobono like this.
  16. PeteKuncis

PeteKuncis Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2014 Massachusetts

Yup. No passing on that road. So if you go 10mph or 30mph or 60mph, the people behind you will remain behind you. I'll all for local PD pulling over the jackwagons who speed. There's no reason to speed. Pretend you live on that road and your 6 yr old is riding their bike on the street.

17. robo55

robo55 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

That's pretty sleazy no matter where it happens and stuff like this just pisses me off.

edallolie likes this.
  18. Phreeballing

Trader

When bringing growlers do they replace caps? One of mine managed to get a little moldy.

19. jomobono

jomobono Savant (1,114) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts

Yup

20. Phreeballing

Trader

Are we expected to bring caps? Or do they replace them either way?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.