Iowa beer distro news

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by BottleCaps80, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerkface

Jerkface Aspirant (221) Apr 21, 2010 Iowa

1st Ave Hy-Vee in IC has some.

Clarkee likes this.
  2. HawkeyePA

HawkeyePA Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2014 Iowa

Whippy DIP-A has blown at the Iowa Taproom. I think alluvial still has some. KoS, Lutris, and Saftig are tasting great tho

3. bufante

bufante Pundit (843) Jun 28, 2014 Iowa
    Trader

Waukee HyVee had 1 left about 2:00pm today

4. RStaff4

RStaff4 Initiate (0) Oct 5, 2014 Illinois

Excited to see a 3/29 Pompeii out there. I don't know if it is just my overly excited palate for the freshness, but this one seems to be better than the last few? Hopefully everyone snagged up a few KBS bottles. I've had almost no look out here in Iowa. Family back in Illinois always seem to have better luck in snagging a couple of bottles.

HawkeyeNation likes this.
  5. dragonaut

dragonaut Initiate (0) May 29, 2005 Iowa

It's definitely better than the last batch of Pomp and Xhops Gold to my palate. Simultaneously juicier and more balanced. Does more for me than the last couple TG pales, will buy and drink again.

RStaff4 likes this.
  6. cotxia

cotxia Initiate (163) Jan 28, 2015 Iowa

Where in DSM are you guys seeing the 3/29 Pompeii? I checked a few HyVees this weekend and only saw the 2/24, and lots of it for that matter.

7. Disc_n_Beer

Disc_n_Beer Crusader (431) Mar 20, 2015 Iowa

Ames east had it, I would assume most stores that have good turnover should.

Does anyone know what Odell brews will be available this week?

8. SaulTBauls

SaulTBauls Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2013 Iowa

I would assume their current rotation and wouldn't expect their special release beers right from the get go.

9. Herky21

Herky21 Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2011 Iowa

11 beers at Kegstand tonight so that will be good. I've also seen at least one Friek taphandle going in at Centro.

10. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2013 Iowa

Looks like some DSM account are getting Friek bottles today as well. Tree Shaker IPA and Montage mixed 12pks too. Can't wait to pick up some Odell IPA cans.

11. SaulTBauls

SaulTBauls Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2013 Iowa

I had an IV station set up in my man cave so I could have a continuous drip of Myrcenary once it hits the shelves.

IowaPA and Disc_n_Beer like this.
  12. northofdsm

northofdsm Initiate (0) Aug 27, 2014 Iowa

Still 1 pack of KBS left at the Hyvee drugstore at 60th and ashworth in west Des Moines for someone that missed out last week.

13. hezagenius

hezagenius Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2011 Iowa

Pleasant Hill Hy-Vee posted a pic of their Odell beers on hand.

14. dragonaut

dragonaut Initiate (0) May 29, 2005 Iowa

St. Lupulin will be out soon enough, as well, believe I saw a bottling pic from them on it just last week. One of my favorites of theirs.

15. kanderna

kanderna Crusader (488) Sep 8, 2009 Iowa
    Trader

Was disappointed I didn't see Lugene in the photo. Completely forgot that it was seasonal... just missed it!

16. mmmm5393

mmmm5393 Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2015 Iowa

I was at Jordan Creek and they had the new Pompeii in a stack in the cooler unopened. I'm sure they were trying to get rid of the last batch first. I opened one of the lower cases which was stamped "3/29/2016" and grabbed two bottles out of it. So go there and look about half-way down and you'll find a torn open box. Hole is just big enough to slip a bottle out of :sunglasses:.

cotxia and Beestin like this.
  17. Berg77

Berg77 Initiate (0) Nov 30, 2013 Iowa

Waukee HyVee had a bunch as of Saturday

18. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2013 Iowa

Looks like Wolf Picker (experimental Pale Ale) is the current seasonal in the Odell Montage mixed 12pks hitting today. Also looks like some stores are getting The Meddler 750ml bottles too.

19. cotxia

cotxia Initiate (163) Jan 28, 2015 Iowa

Fresh Pompeii acquired. Thanks for this nugget of info!

20. mmmm5393

mmmm5393 Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2015 Iowa

Glad I could help! Love your avatar as well. I've been drinking the hell out of Todd The Axeman!

ToddSoonerFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.