1. Stop lurking! Log in to search, post in our forums, review beers, see fewer ads, and more. — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Firestone Venice Brewery

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by johnInLA, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. analogchainsaw

analogchainsaw Zealot (569) Nov 21, 2011 California

I work in downtown Santa Monica and after seeing @tokimedo 's pics I took a 15 minute bike ride over there at 11 this morning.

The Washington parking lot entrance was still roped off and the gates closed with some minor construction work still being done outside. Looked like you could pull in and park in the lot if you drove around from the back alley.

The retail shop was empty except for a couple people. Staff was really nice and said it doesn't seem like most people know they're open yet and those coming off the street are going over to the taproom looking for a happy hour. She did mention that now that the word is out on Parabajava being sold they're starting to see an uptick in bottle shop visitors.

As for bottle purchases, she handed me the clipboard with what's available, I just told her my request and she went back into the beer cave to grab them. Simple and quick...we'll see how the system works out once they get a decent crowd in there.

Planning to ride back over there after work with a couple coworkers to check out the taproom and hopefully get some food if there's any room for us. Very happy to have this so close by!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tokimedo and J-loco like this.
  2. J-loco

J-loco Savant (1,018) Jan 23, 2015 California
    Trader

nice parking job there

3. effyouyelper

effyouyelper Initiate (0) Apr 2, 2015 California

Went back to grab bottles...steady flow of people. Probably about five to seven others there picking up when I was there, and another five walking in as I was walking out. Get dem bottles before the mules hit.

4. asong_net

asong_net Zealot (586) Jan 26, 2016 California
    Trader

traffic sucked on the 405 (to be expected esp with the rain) but when I got there (5 min ago) I was the only one in the store and got two parabolas and one parabajava... coming back in an hour and a half for the food hope it won't be too crazy

5. J-loco

J-loco Savant (1,018) Jan 23, 2015 California
    Trader

Just left. The lot was empty. They kept the beer cave door closed so black rider can't see how many Parabajavas they have left

JohnCassillo and iamthecarlos like this.
  6. Jafix

Jafix Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2016 California
    Trader

Question for those more familiar with FW's normal brewery taplist.... Is Unfiltered DBA something that is going to be on tap consistently?

7. Rbarnes4381

Rbarnes4381 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2013 California
    Trader

probably, it is typically on at Paso and Buelton. Having said that, it is not guaranteed.

Jafix likes this.
  8. chromebomb

chromebomb Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2009 California

How much are the pints?

9. dcgunman

dcgunman Pooh-Bah (2,608) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

16oz

Zhiguli, Ryancthomas7, AlexM and 6 others like this.
  10. drink1121

drink1121 Initiate (0) Mar 23, 2009 California

it closes at 10pm tonight FYI - I called and asked

11. asong_net

Trader

line to get inside the dining room/brewery is about 45-50 deep now. should be opening doors any minute now...

12. Vanlingleipa

Vanlingleipa Maven (1,424) May 19, 2011 California
    Trader

With the rain, freeway traffic was a freakin mess. Took 2 hours to get home in OC. Can't picture how nasty traffic is now during rush hour.

13. Black_Rider

Black_Rider Pooh-Bah (1,945) Mar 26, 2013 California
    Pooh-Bah

I'll help you

[​IMG]

14. Black_Rider

Black_Rider Pooh-Bah (1,945) Mar 26, 2013 California
    Pooh-Bah

is there a wait just to get to the bar area just to get a beer?

15. SDReaper

SDReaper Pooh-Bah (2,150) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

This should just be a giant #lolnope or a gif of the nope octopus across the map.

Black_Rider likes this.
  16. asong_net

Trader

bar is full and there's like two lines of people behind the bar

17. shanrath

shanrath Initiate (0) Apr 16, 2015 California
    Trader

We ordered at the corner where the runners are taking things out with very little trouble. They're definitely a little short on people though—glassware is piling up in corners as people try to clear tables for themselves.

18. asong_net

Trader

loving the erlenmeyer flask for water refills

[​IMG]

ssam, Zhiguli, Twomsr619 and 4 others like this.
  19. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2013 California

The deserts come in 100ml beakers. It's a nice run on the theme. Was nice to see the Lion wandering about.

20. AlexM

AlexM Pooh-Bah (1,844) Jun 9, 2011 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Beakers & flasks ... Isn't that a Bottle Logic thing? :slight_smile:

Zhiguli, J-loco and chemman14 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.