Four reasons to never drink Bud again

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by pat61, May 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pat61

pat61 Initiate (0) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota

PatrickCT likes this.
  2. PatrickCT

PatrickCT Grand Pooh-Bah (3,776) Feb 18, 2015 Connecticut

Thanks for the post. I agree with two of the four reasons they give. I won't say which two. Salon.com is more likely to get me to start drinking Budweiser. I can't stand that site and I am a Democrat.

3. cmiller4642

cmiller4642 Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2013 West Virginia

I don't drink it because it doesn't taste good. End of story

If Budweiser tasted like say Two Hearted I would drink it

#3 cmiller4642, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
  4. Alexmc2

Alexmc2 Pundit (784) Jul 29, 2006 New Hampshire

Salon is such a rag of a website. Misleading garbage.

5. crob3888

crob3888 Initiate (0) Oct 10, 2010 California

4 more good reasons to avoid that terrible tasting 'beer.'

neenerzig, Brolo75 and mrpoizun like this.
  6. IceAce

IceAce Pooh-Bah (2,220) Jan 8, 2004 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

4 Reasons Never to Drink Budweiser Again

1. ) Rape Culture
    2. ) Union Busting
    3. ) Tax Evasion
    4. ) Safety Violations

4 Reasons Never to Read an IceAce Post Again

1. ) Rape Culture [I once told an off-color joke in a hockey locker room which was overheard by a female trainer ]
    2. ) Union Busting [Two weeks ago I was denied the ability to pick up 2 kegs of beer for my wholesaler at a brewery because it was deemed a 'Union-Only Job Designation'. I openly declared that, "I really dislike the Teamsters right now"]
    3. ) Tax Evasion [While in College in 1981 I utilized an ill-advised tax strategy devised by one of my Fraternity Brothers. I (as was the whole house) was audited by the IRS in 1983 and paid a hefty fine and 17% interest]
    4. ) Safety Violations [Just yesterday, while changing the oil in my car, I crawled underneath the jacked-up car to remove the filter without properly supporting the car with jackstands]

7. The_Snow_Bird

The_Snow_Bird Grand Pooh-Bah (3,096) May 7, 2015 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

It lost me at taste.

pro100, PorterPro125, Brolo75 and 5 others like this.
  8. nc41

nc41 Initiate (0) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Trader

I'm drinking an ice cold Bud right now. It an ok AAL, a bit over carbonated but after planting some flowers I'm thirsty and I don't want a Kbs. Feeling nostalgic a bit so I bought a six.

9. edward_boumil

edward_boumil Initiate (0) Jun 28, 2015 New York

I agree with others in this thread. Primary reason to not drink it is taste. Plus, we live in a day where I can drive down the road and buy a pack of excellent imported, relatively fresh Munich Helles for only a tad more money, why should I settle.

This article does miss better points about AB, such as shady business practices buying up distributors and trying to stamp out craft brewers/competition.

10. PhilsPils

PhilsPils Zealot (721) Feb 11, 2010 Texas

As most would correctly surmise from my choice of avatar, I don't spend a lot of time reading salon.com. As other posters have already stated, my reason for not drinking Bud is because I don't enjoy drinking Bud. Many folks these days seem to despise those who are successful solely because of their success. I don't hate AB because they grew into the giant that they are. AB did not become large because of government subsidies. They prospered in a free-market system that allowed anyone to compete with them. That same freedom allows us as consumers to support brewers who make what we want to buy and AB can't stop that. Sure, they can buy up craft breweries but if capitalism is allowed to work, they won't have continued support from us if they use those breweries to make inferior beers. Frankly, if they continue to make great beers with their new acquisitions, I could care less how much money they make. I really never understood why they didn't just make good beers to start with instead of buying up perceived competition once they saw the demand for craft beers growing exponentially.
    I am sure many members will consider my views to be overly simplistic or even downright misguided but I'll be willing to sit down with a cold one and discuss it...as long as it's not a Bud!

11. ebin6

ebin6 Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2009 California

Same here. And the article was just pulled from Alternet, which is a terrible far-far-left leaning website. All their articles are like this one: overly aggressive and snarky. And I'm pretty far left leaning! Terrible journalism is still terrible journalism...

12. rgordon

rgordon Pooh-Bah (2,677) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society

Not very good journalism, but did you see Brigitte Bardot and Mickey Rourke further down? Well, don't look!

13. JuicesFlowing

JuicesFlowing Initiate (0) Jul 5, 2009 Kansas

You're comparing an AAL to a different style. I'm sorry to piss the world off but Budweiser as an actual adjunct lager is just as good as the other adjunct lagers. Stop comparing apples to oranges and for the record I drink 85% craft.

14. PatrickCT

PatrickCT Grand Pooh-Bah (3,776) Feb 18, 2015 Connecticut

I have a real issue with folks that have a problem with success. I can see why people may not like ABInbev business practices but we should all remember, Budweiser was giving people what they were asking for as far as beer is concerned.

15. mudbug

mudbug Pooh-Bah (1,738) Mar 27, 2009 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society

You do realize that if just a tiny fraction of Bud drinkers joined BA and reviewed their favorite beer (Bud) the top beer would be Budweiser.

16. aasher

aasher Grand Pooh-Bah (4,471) Jan 27, 2010 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah

Rape culture? Really? I feel like they're throwing that in there for clickbait. I think it's pretty obvious that no company would ever come out with their insinuated stance. And yes I remember when that happened.

17. JaefromLA

JaefromLA Initiate (0) May 19, 2015 California

I hate the term Rape Culture. Couldn't they think of something else to call it? It makes me cringe when I hear it. Just a strange term. Besides the rape culture reference on the article it's just a weak list, hardly article-worthy. I don't care for the term clickbait either but this it definitely clickbait.

18. BrewsingBuffalo

BrewsingBuffalo Initiate (0) Jul 6, 2015 New York

I agree with the first point, but not for the necessarily stated reason. The marketing campaign was asinine. Not even involving rape, anything moronic while drunk really falls into the category.. Driving 90 MPH while drunk, hey, I can't say no!. And while many would say it's obvious what the ad meant/intended (and I would agree to a point) there some seriously dumb motherfuckers out there. I mean really, really dumb.

Aside from that, though, I don't drink it because I don't like it. I enjoy AALs from time-to-time, and I would place Bud quite low on the list of those that I enjoy.

19. Caveworm

Caveworm Maven (1,263) Feb 26, 2014 Ohio

take it you have experience in retail like me? lol

20. joelwlcx

joelwlcx Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2007 Minnesota

Exactly. I think it's bullshit that the first thing people thought was "rape", and not "let's play catch with darts".

creepinjeeper likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.