What are your go to Beer stores where you live?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by scottybar, Jun 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smcolw

smcolw Grand Pooh-Bah (4,920) Jan 16, 2004 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

Craft Beer Cellar is a new store in the Fenway area of Boston that has great potential. There's also one in Belmont that is excellent.

DoctorZombies and Leebo like this.
  2. eLMsITYbUM

eLMsITYbUM Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2007 New Hampshire
    Trader

My local(ish) shops are Brewtopia in Keene, Undun and Bev King in West Lebanon and Mike's Store and Deli in Hartland, VT. I also infrequently visit 4 Seasons in Hadley, MA, The Spirit Haus in Amherst and Julios in Westborough. Also when I see something that may look promising, I'll usually stop and take a look.

3. TurnipKnight

TurnipKnight Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2016 Maryland

Yup.

4. Cloaked_Phantom

Cloaked_Phantom Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2013 Washington

Chucks in downtown Seattle no question!

5. neenerzig

neenerzig Pooh-Bah (2,851) Feb 15, 2006 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society

Warehouse Beverage in South Euclid and Red Wine & Brew in Chesterland mostly. Sometimes I get bottles to go from La Cave Du Vin, which is a bar I go to decently frequently that also sells bottles to go. Heinen's and Whole Foods have pretty good selections, and I'll even pick up beer from Giant Eagle once in awhile.

Eric

6. do_ob

do_ob Initiate (0) Feb 12, 2015 Kentucky

In northeastern KY, Continental Liquors, Ashland Beverage Center, and Carter Avenue Spirits - all in Ashland - are all decent. Across the bridge in Ohio, Leo's Carryout in South Point and The Party Connection in Portsmouth are good as well.

The Beer Trappe is a must when in Lexington, but that's a bit out of my way :slight_frown:

7. vshay

vshay Initiate (0) Jun 23, 2013 Pennsylvania

Maris 6 pack n more. Reading Pa

8. Cthulhusquid

Cthulhusquid Initiate (0) Oct 5, 2015 Washington

Marina Market, Total Wine, Tacoma Boys, and Pint Defiance are mine. Bevmo used to be in there, but has been outclassed by TW.

9. Andy1010

Andy1010 Initiate (0) Jan 26, 2016 Indiana

Not really any major players in my area(southern Indiana) but cork Liquors in Columbus, IN and the keg Liquors in both Clarksville and New Albany, IN. The keg also host a relatively large beer festival in the area "the fest of ale" it's always a "must go" for me

10. BPackert

BPackert Initiate (0) Apr 26, 2016 Ohio

Ollies Place in Dayton, (Where I work, :wink:) Also Belmont Party Supply (Dayton), Middletown Fine Wine & Spirits (Middletown), Jungle Jim's (Fairfield and East Gate) and The Party Source (Bellevue, KY) ... Man, I get around. :rolling_eyes:

11. ItsYourBoyBlue

ItsYourBoyBlue Maven (1,388) Feb 23, 2014 Washington
    Trader

Imbibe, Sully's, and GM Liquor in Bakersfield, CA.

12. LloydDobler

LloydDobler Pooh-Bah (2,028) Jul 25, 2014 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

My "go to" is the downtown City Wide in South Bend. The Belmonts and Chalets are hit-or-miss in the surrounding areas. Pats in Porter is awesome for some unique brews.

13. winehead247

winehead247 Initiate (0) May 25, 2016 Georgia

Hop City, AleYeah, Tower. Better beer bars than stores with a vast selection, only real gem is Hop City.

14. AZBeerDude72

AZBeerDude72 Initiate (0) Jun 10, 2016 Arizona

I like Tops Liquors, they have a lot of choices. Total Wine has a good selection, AJ's is a high end grocery store and they carry a nice stock of craft beer. Then the old standby grocery store, they have all the local guys in stock. And the best of all, local breweries, most by me sell cans or growlers so that is alway top of list for sure, fresh as it gets.
    Cheers.

15. Kaplan

Kaplan Initiate (0) May 1, 2015 Michigan

Rishi's International Beverage in Grand Rapids, MI. The owner (Rishi) could not be nicer or more helpful, the selection is fantastic and they allow you to buy singles of EVERYTHING they have in stock. For me, this is great option as I am a bit apprehensive of spending $10-$20 on that intriguing 4 or 6 pack when it may be something I do not enjoy (I.E. Devil Dancer).

Acinonyx likes this.
  16. GameOfBeers

GameOfBeers Initiate (0) Jul 21, 2014 Pennsylvania

Sadly I only have one main one for harder to find things, Brews Brothers Beer Emporium. But, I get a moderately decent selection at my Giant Eagles. But I typically just go to the breweries themselves. Best place for fresh!

17. mpmcguire11

mpmcguire11 Savant (1,013) Sep 6, 2014 Rhode Island

warwick RI - I.M. Gans - decent selection and you can grab a beer from any pack, it does not have to be in the "mix-a-six" section. They also keep a lot of craft cold.

18. scream

scream Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2014 Wisconsin
    In Memoriam

Superior Discount Liquor in Manitowoc Wisconsin. I got an email from them today that they have received and are saving for me CW Rye Chocolate Porter and Brewhouse Coffee Stout. They know I am in Florida on vacation. How nice is that !

Victory_Sabre1973 likes this.
  19. i_run_far

i_run_far Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2016 District of Columbia
    Deactivated

Usually wherever I buy groceries...Whole Foods or Harris Teeter. I used to go to Total Wine and Wegmans a lot but they treat their beer like shit and stock a lot of old warm beer.

20. Acinonyx

Acinonyx Initiate (0) Mar 8, 2017 Michigan

Rishi's is my go to as well. Nothing but great things to say about him and his staff. Working about a mile away makes stopping in on the way home way too easy. Being able to buy one of anything is convenient too.
    Sometimes I'll grab stuff at Meijer too as they have an ever improving selection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.